2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies what do you think about this shedding after 3 weeks of cornrows and MN on my edges

View attachment 196377

To me, I think it looks normal. Do you have dense/alot of hair? I get that amount of shedding in a month also:spinning:.

I have attached sum pics of my shed hair. I saved the hairs so that I can get a prospective on how much I shed month to month. I collected for 2mths. Do you normally shed like that? How was the shedding the other times you took out your braids?

As you can see for sum strange reason the shed hairs in the yellow bag are more. That was at the end of August. That was 1mth after my horrible relaxer. I promptly did a protein treatment and as you seen with the shed hairs with the bangle, I had less shedding. Still alot to most people, but less than last month.

Attachments

• SEPT HAIR SHED.jpg
    SEPT HAIR SHED.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 44
  • SHED HAIR FROM AUGUST.jpg
    SHED HAIR FROM AUGUST.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I'm still applying my MN. I have noticed sum growth in the front of my hair and my bald spots are starting to improve. I'm itching to do a length check with my new flat iron:) But I will wait until the end of March.

pelohello last month this is what I got last month
Before wash

image-4235577811.jpg

After wash

image-4136666306.jpg

I was reminded by FroReal that I need to get back to my tea rinses. My hair is thick in natural state and thin when flat ironed. I'm going to start keeping baggies like u so that I can really track the shedding

Last edited:
pelohello last month this is what I got last month
Before wash

After wash

I was reminded by FroReal that I need to get back to my tea rinses. My hair is thick in natural state and thin when flat ironed. I'm going to start keeping baggies like u so that I can really track the shedding

Yes to tea rinses!!! Love them!

How's everyone doing? I'm still doing the same thing...using liquid gold and my MN oil mix and taking a few days off in between (usually weekends).

My Growth seems good. Length check is at the end of the month.

I'm doing fine. Still applying straight every day...sometimes every other day. I have my hair in mini braids that I will take out in time for the length check. I hope to have grown an inch. *crosses fingers*

Checking in:

Have slacked on my hair. Still sitting in twists for about 2 weeks or more now. I have not been applying MN lately(in about a week or little less).
I did notice that their is growth in the thread-wrapped hair. Very little though. My hair seems to grow really, really slow. Without the MN I wonder how slow it grows.

jprayze- How long do you usually take your MN breaks for?

Checking in:

Have slacked on my hair. Still sitting in twists for about 2 weeks or more now. I have not been applying MN lately(in about a week or little less).
I did notice that their is growth in the thread-wrapped hair. Very little though. My hair seems to grow really, really slow. Without the MN I wonder how slow it grows.

jprayze- How long do you usually take your MN breaks for?

Typically I'm just taking the weekends off just bc when I go out of town I travel light. I may take a longer break once I finish the batch of MN mix that I made at the beginning of the year.

I have also been slacking on my mn usage ... its down to 2-3 a week mqybe. Definitely once a week during wash day. With senior stuff going on, getting college stuff together while jugling running jrotc, girl scouts and moving houses .... im surprised I even remember that I have hair!

I use mine about 3 times a week and I've been using the same bottle since the beginning of January. I think I have about 1/4 left.

aliyah7 - I am about the same as jprayze. Sometimes I use it every other day and sometimes I just use maybe twice to three days out of the week. I wasn't really on a set routine. I also let my daughter use it a couple of times. But I think it lasts maybe two months. I'm not going to use it as often as I was in the beginning because I can get a little heavy-handed and end up with oily hair!!

Ladies don't forget the length check at the end of the month! I'm starting early!!!

My starting pic at the beginning of the challenge is in this post: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=17637337&postcount=161

03102013.jpg

The pic on the left was taken on 2/14/2013 and the pic on the right was taken 03/10/2013. Looks like I got an inch in about about a month and I'm close to BSL. I'm very happy with the progress so far.

At the end of the month, I will probably do a wash n go to compare to the other pic in the starting pic because I am trying not to use heat for a while.

I just washed, conditioned and applied the Liquid Gold Hair Growth Oil (sulfur). Love the cool feeling on my scalp. I plan to use the whole bottle (or use it for a month) and then Use the MN. You know, alternate the two.

jprayze- Wow your hair is growing good! I did get some growth (not an inch), maybe 1/4" this month from the MN. As I mentioned before my hair seems to grow way slower than normal. Of course I am just looking at it, not actually measuring it. I seem to get 1/2" every two months when using the MN. I am glad with the results I did get though. At least it is growing. :)

So, I was like...way off. I actually got measuring tape and measured the new growth of my thread-wrapped section of hair; much to my surprise, I measured 3/4" of hair rather than the 1/4" I stated earlier.

jprayze- You know, I forgot all about vitamins. Excellent idea! I know there is Biotin supplements, but not sure of others. Oh, actually, I got the alternating Idea from you jprayze. :)

I'm trying to decide if I should take out the thread and re-wrap that section. So I can see the growth from the Liquid Gold....?

So, I was like...way off. I actually got measuring tape and measured the new growth of my thread-wrapped section of hair; much to my surprise, I measured 3/4" of hair rather than the 1/4" I stated earlier.

jprayze- You know, I forgot all about vitamins. Excellent idea! I know there is Biotin supplements, but not sure of others. Oh, actually, I got the alternating Idea from you jprayze. :)

I'm trying to decide if I should take out the thread and re-wrap that section. So I can see the growth from the Liquid Gold....?

Yay! 3/4 sounds much better!

I think I like alternating a month at a time versus switching up every day. It will give me a chance to see what works best for my hair. Yes the wrapping is a great way to gauge your growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back