2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
jprayze How long have you been using it and have been getting results from it.....any at all? How much did you pay for that 6-pack from amazon?

Check out my latest length check a couple of posts back. I think it grew about 1.5 to 2 inches since Dec. 23. I think MN keeps my growth consistent from month to month. When I started using MN last March, I was SL and now, I'm getting closer to BSL.

Here's the link. It's $13.10 and it lasts a long time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00164LKQ2/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1360976871&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Another quick update-- haven't used MN since Tuesday. Don't want my straight hair to get too oily. Probably resume Monday.

Really nice growth!!!! I'm trying to hold on till March 30th which will be three months since I started using MN. I have been faithfully using it so I'm hoping for a noticeable length, yep.

Thanks! I couldn't resist! ;-) Especially since I have my length check shirt now...should make it easier to really see how much growth I'm getting. I will provably dust or soon, but I have enough time to grow some more before march 30th.

Had a couple of days that not posted in here, I have an update, I trim my hair yerterday, but i cut a lot. I'm bot being that consistent with the MN as I was in january, but i'm gonna start again cause last month i saw good growth. This month has been crazy and havn't had enough time in the afternoons and evening to apply it :(. I'l do it even in the morning starting tomorrow.

425988_10151445223869201_1562710472_n.jpg

Okay. I just checked it out. Very interested. How are you alternating this product with MN use? Have you noticed growth with this Sulfur product alone, or have you always used it alternating with MN?

Every other day. One day MN and the next day liquid gold and so on.

I never used liquid gold by itself.

Ok, so here is my update. The first pic is from late November/early December. The purple shirt pics are from today. I didn't start applying MN until December 30th, so I say since January. I think I've made APL (yay), and the nape/back currently measures a solid 8 inches...maybe 8 1/4 I haven't measured any other parts yet, but I will when I install some smallish braids.

ETA: Just measured the other parts. According to my January check, it seems like my hair has grown a good inch. The majority of my hair is a solid 9 inches, even the crown, which is my trouble spot. The slow growing part (back/left) is about 8 inches now, so that's great. I need three more inches in the back (nape area) to make BSL. I hope to get there by August.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Hair Feb 18.jpg
    Hair Feb 18.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Hair 2-18-13 028.jpg
    Hair 2-18-13 028.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Hair 2-18-13 030.jpg
    Hair 2-18-13 030.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 42
  • HairFeb 19 Two.jpg
    HairFeb 19 Two.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Ok, so here is my update. The first pic is from late November/early December. The purple shirt pics are from today. I didn't start applying MN until December 30th, so I say since January. I think I've made APL (yay), and the nape/back currently measures a solid 8 inches...maybe 8 1/4 I haven't measured any other parts yet, but I will when I install some smallish braids.

That is great progress girl. Good job.:yep:

Hi there, I have heard a youtuber mention castor oil not being a good choice to mix the MN with because it is a dense oil, therefore the MN won't be able to penetrate your scalp.

I used avocado oil once and even that didn't mix well or all the MN on my scalp too much. So I use plain warm water.Tomorrow I am mixing with sulfur 8.

What is everyone else mixing their MN with?

Ill be adding Caster oil to my mix since I fold my mom's hidden stash of oils. :lol:

Hi there, I have heard a youtuber mention castor oil not being a good choice to mix the MN with because it is a dense oil, therefore the MN won't be able to penetrate your scalp.

I used avocado oil once and even that didn't mix well or all the MN on my scalp too much. So I use plain warm water.Tomorrow I am mixing with sulfur 8.

What is everyone else mixing their MN with?

I use jojoba and grapeseed oil.

Every other day. One day MN and the next day liquid gold and so on.

I never used liquid gold by itself.

Thanks for sharing! I plan to order a bottle of this here real soon. I checked on Amazon and the reviews of the Sulfur spray mixture were really good. I may end up using mine alone though because It's almost time for a break on my MN, and I plan to use the Sulfur based spray for a month or so. I'll see.

Thanks for sharing! I plan to order a bottle of this here real soon. I checked on Amazon and the reviews of the Sulfur spray mixture were really good. I may end up using mine alone though because It's almost time for a break on my MN, and I plan to use the Sulfur based spray for a month or so. I'll see.

I'll probably take a break from MN soon, whenver I finish the batch of MN mix that I made at the beginning of the year, but I'll keep using the liquid gold by itself.

Ladies my nape has been feeling Ultra dry lately!!! Its still growing fine and there isnt any breakage/shaeddinb5 its just super dry feeling even after I DC or moisturize... any suggestions??

ManiiSweetheart Are you using your MN mix in that area? If so, make sure none of the MN is getting on your actual hair, just try to keep in on the scalp. MN is really drying on your hair.

Yes im using it on my nape too, its just strange that only my nape feels dry when my mix usually touch all my other hairs and they aren't dry as well

strawbewie, I guess it would depend on your typical amount of shedding. Is that more than you usually get? For me it would be a lot because after not detangling for two weeks, I probably get less than half that amount.

Thanks I'm not sure how much shedding is normal for me since I PS 99% of the time. I typical unbraid or untiwst my hair every 4-6 weeks.., do my weekly co washes in braids/ cornrows. I think I may need to stop with MN to figure out what's really going on. I stopped using Megatek 3 weeks ago. My hair still feel thick especially since I have thin straight hair....I want to retain all my length
Last time I took my hair down I also raised a eyebrow... So I may need to change

QUOTE="Froreal3"]strawbewie, I guess it would depend on your typical amount of shedding. Is that more than you usually get? For me it would be a lot because after not detangling for two weeks, I probably get less than half that amount.[/QUOTE]

Still adding my mix every other day and wild growth oil on the off day... I didn't check in for the one month because I'm 10 weeks post and I won't be straightening until the end of March. Everyone's growth was amazing...I'm inspired.

[USER=340099]ManiiSweetheart[/USER];17952635 said:
Yes im using it on my nape too, its just strange that only my nape feels dry when my mix usually touch all my other hairs and they aren't dry as well

I was thinking maybe your scarf or bonnet is drying your nape out. Are you using silk/satin or cotton?

Thanks I'm not sure how much shedding is normal for me since I PS 99% of the time. I typical unbraid or untiwst my hair every 4-6 weeks.., do my weekly co washes in braids/ cornrows. I think I may need to stop with MN to figure out what's really going on. I stopped using Megatek 3 weeks ago. My hair still feel thick especially since I have thin straight hair....I want to retain all my length
Last time I took my hair down I also raised a eyebrow... So I may need to change

QUOTE="Froreal3"]strawbewie, I guess it would depend on your typical amount of shedding. Is that more than you usually get? For me it would be a lot because after not detangling for two weeks, I probably get less than half that amount.
[/QUOTE]

It seems like quite a bit of shedding to me. Tea rinses are great for shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back