2013 COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD (1/1/13-3/31/13)

Cowashed early this morning with Enjoy Hydrating Conditioner to detangle my hair (in preparation of my henna later) and finished off with Enjoy Luxury Conditioner before heading out to church this morning.

I am now sitting with some henna in my hair for about 2 hours and will follow up with some indigo coloring as well for another 1.5 hours. I like my hair dark.

Cowashed with aohsr... opened a new bottle. Opened the last bottle in November (few weeks of no use)

Washed my hair with Elucence Acidifying Shampoo just to see how well it worked and my find is that I like it, I like it a lot.

I especially like the citric scent of it:lick: and it didin't leave my hair stripped like Keracare 1st Lather Shampoo (both are sulfate-free).

I then cowashed with Enjoy Hydrating Conditioner. I think my hair is in it's shedding phase, because this morning, I had major shedding in the shower.

I may have to braid my hair up and put on my wig now so I will be doing that this weekend after my deep protein and moisture treatments. I don't need to manipulate it unnecessarily right now:nono:.

Cowashing tonight with my staple (organix Moroccan argan oil extra moisturizing condi) nexus humectress leave in and baby butter creme (gonna try stretched twist out for tomorrow). I also bought some rosewater & glycerin that I am going to put in my hair in between the coconut and baby butter creme.

Cowash end everyday last week and my breakage was minimal, however my hair seems very fragile in its wet state. This week I'll only cowash once.

Cowashed every day except Thursday last week. Plan to wash tonight and then do some style for the rest of the week so I will only have one cowash this week (yesterday).

Head has been itchy. I think I have been wearing my beanie too much. Co washing tonight then bantu knots for wed/thurs.

Okay my experiment failed, I must cowash more than 1 a week or my new growth will be a dry mess. Back to cowashing daily or atleast every other day!

I'm not officially in this challenge, but I have decided to start DCW'ing (deep CW'ing) at least twice a week for more growth and moisture. I have been DCW'ing and alternating with shampooing and DC'ing once per week (DCW for 3 wks out of the month and shampoo and DC on 1 wk). It has worked well, but I want to keep my ends in tip top shape in order to keep my retention high and minimize trims this year. Worked for me last year.

cowashed with Enjoy Hydrating Conditioner this morning and have just half of a wash left out of it so will be adding vo5 Moisture Milkspassion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner as well.

Cowash tonight with Organix Morrocan Argan Oil. Hair isnt feelin as woot woot as it used to...may find another moisture conditioner and swap them out every once in awhile. My hair hates sticking to one thing just as much as I do. Any suggestions for good iNEXPENSIVE moisture conditioners...that you could get at like CVS?

cowashed with the very last drop of my ENJOY Hydrating Conditioner. It was a really good cowash conditioner but I cannot justify paying over $35 for a 32oz bottle of cowash conditioner when Aussie, Suave, vo5, and Tresemme all serve the same purpose and do the same thing basically. Now I may purchase the gallon bottle for $69 a little later if I change my mind though. This makes a lot better financial sense to me.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Transitioning

Current hair length: 3 inches natural 8 inches relaxed

Hair goal? Hoping to be atleast 6 inches by june

How many times per week will you cowash? 1-3 times

What conditioners are you planning to use?Suave Shea Almond Or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? More Moisture Retention=More Growth

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? once every 2 weeks to a month

Attachments

• 4cd1493a-a94d-48d9-bc4b-4a06f9f7bfb3_zpsb80f75e9.jpg
    4cd1493a-a94d-48d9-bc4b-4a06f9f7bfb3_zpsb80f75e9.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 7
Back