2013 COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD (1/1/13-3/31/13)

You did use quite a few things that leave a protein-like effect on your hair but when was the last time you clarified it? Also you maybe needing a good moisturizing deep conditioner after you clarify.

I clarified ittttt like, a week and a half ago? Two weeks ago? So it hasn't been too long.

I did a moisturizing pre-poo before and a really long (I think 2-3 hour) moisturizing DC after.

I am washing tomorrow so we will see if I still have the same issue. I did a protein wash this past tuesday and when I washed thursday it was feeling a little hard.

As of now it feels a little better I did 2 washes with moisturizing conditioner when I normally do one. I also been doing the water based moisturizer everyday. I am washing my hair tomorrow so we will see what happens if its still hard like it was.

I am thinking the protein conditioner I used may have been too strong.

I tried something new and co-washed today with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I have the professional size and need to start using it up.

Just cowashed w/Hair One followed by Virgin Hair Fertilizer condish. Loving the cool/tingly sensation I'm getting from that.

Cowashed with AOHSR...I'm doing so good with my regimen that although I'm 6 weeks post I haven't reached for AORM yet.

This morning I washed my hair with Enjoy Luxury Shampoo for the first time and I have to admit, it is probably the best shampoo I have ever used to wash my hair. I was actually able to comb and detangle my 4a type hair with the shampoo in my hair with ultra ease.

Normally I would NEED a conditioner for detangling. Now bare in mind, this shampoo is sulfate-free and most sulfate-free shampoos have stripped my hair like you wouldn't believe, but not this one.

I am very very happy with it and know that I will have to order it in the 32oz bottle next time. The bottle I currently have is a 10oz bottle and I am using it very sparingly as not to go through it too quickly.

After shampooing, I used the Enjoy Luxury Conditioner to cowash with. I mean WOW! I now understand why this conditioner cost so much more than the Enjoy Hydrating Conditioner. Now don't get me wrong, I loved this conditioner too but the Luxury line is by far the better of the two.

My hair was so soft and silky after using this conditioner. It was a little thick but it didn't weigh my hair down at all. I wanted to use it as a deep conditioner but I know that it doesn't serve that purpose because it states on the label that you keep it in for only 1 to 2 minutes.

So you know what, I'll put it in while I bathe in the shower - that should take me about 10-15 minutes if I put it in my hair as soon as I jump in the shower. That way, I get to ENJOY (all pun intended) every minute of it's moist luxuriousness.

Co-washed tonight with Aussie Moist... Hair felt deliciously good afterwards. Followed my co-wash with a 1hr DC session under my heating cap with Bambu Silicon Mix.

Co-washed tonight with Aussie Moist... Hair felt deliciously good afterwards. Followed my co-wash with a 1hr DC session under my heating cap with Bambu Silicon Mix.

DominicanBrazilian82,

Could you please explain to me what is the purpose of cowashing then DCing right afterwards? I have seen others posting this, but I don't get it. I myself, would always follow up actual shampooing with a deep conditioner but never a conditioning session with deep conditioning. It just doesn't make any sense to me. But maybe there is something I'm missing. Please explain why you do it! Thanks.

Was in CVS today and walking by their travel sized things section I saw a bunch of new conditioners for like 3 bucks. So I ran over and tried looking for some new things and saw some new conditioners! So I picked two up to experiment with my protein problem. I got Healthysexyhair Soymilk conditioner and Rusk Sensories Calm Conditioner (which has guarana & ginger). I think both of these are protein based so I am going to try the soymilk conditioner tonight if my hair needs it, otherwise I will try it on sunday.

So the plan for tonight is: normal co wash with moisturizing conditioner unless it needs some protein then ill try the soymilk and do a short dp (about 30 mins).

relaxed 10 weeks post
MBL
short term} full thick MBL
goal: waist length.

co wash: once a week VO5 conditioners or shea butter conditioner, hello hydration.

Aggie said:
DominicanBrazilian82,

Could you please explain to me what is the purpose of cowashing then DCing right afterwards? I have seen others posting this, but I don't get it. I myself, would always follow up actual shampooing with a deep conditioner but never a conditioning session with deep conditioning. It just doesn't make any sense to me. But maybe there is something I'm missing. Please explain why you do it! Thanks.

Aggie

When I think of cowashing, that means I'm using my conditioner as a cleanser instead of my shampoo. So basically you DC after shampooing, so that means you follow up with a DC after cowashing as well if that's makes any sense. Cowashing=shampooing with conditioner instead followed by a DC. HTH!!!! And maybe someone else can chime in as well if I'm wrong :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Aggie

When I think of cowashing, that means I'm using my conditioner as a cleanser instead of my shampoo. So basically you DC after shampooing, so that means you follow up with a DC after cowashing as well if that's makes any sense. Cowashing=shampooing with conditioner instead followed by a DC. HTH!!!! And maybe someone else can chime in as well if I'm wrong :)

Yep! Me too!

@Aggie

Yep! Me too!

Thanks SincerelyBeautiful and Babygrowth. That did help. So it's like using WEN then as a cowash type shampoo for the cowash part, yes?

Back