2013 COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD (1/1/13-3/31/13)

Cowashed this morning with Redken Smoothdown conditioner and most likely will be fro the rest of the week:look:

Co washed today with Redkin Extreme Conditioner ( I went swimming monday night and it jacked my hair up ) tea rinse with oolong and green tea until a Moroccan and Aragon creme conditioner (to make up for drying of the green tea). Its still sitting on my head prolly been like an hour I dont really know, I got caught up in other things....

Now that I'm getting back into working out the way I like to (Zumba, yoga, sexy aerobics ;-)) I may try cowashing more often. It seems a lot of people with great hair cowash often. Now I just have to find what works for me. I think I'm going to get AO and hairveda specifically for that because pricing is good and noone seems to have problems with them! I would do cheapies but I don't really like cheapies anymore...

Sorry for the ramble...

Babygrowth

Hairveda is great for Cowashing. So is Silk Dreams Destination Hydration, Curls Coconut Sublime, SSI Avocado, Claudie (and a few others).

They make great cowashers, and they offer 16 ounce sizes.

Babygrowth

Hairveda is great for Cowashing. So is Silk Dreams Destination Hydration, Curls Coconut Sublime, SSI Avocado, Claudie (and a few others).

They make great cowashers, and they offer 16 ounce sizes.

Yyyyyeeeeessssss!!! I loves options! I definitely want claudies jojoba and a few others; curls I can get on the ground so that's awesome! SSI avocado is dabomb so I will definitely use that; if all goes well with Silk Dreams Vanilla silk I will be doing a smedium haul next month! Sounds like I'm going to have some awesome staples! Thanks IDareT'sHair

Cowshed this morning with Sally's Ion something extreme repair conditioner. Can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to go look. It was a sample pack and I liked it.
Tomorrow i Will dry dc with a sample of nexxus humectress I picked up.

My scalp was itchy last night so today i decided to only cowash with the giovanni in the green bottle. I think it may have been something in the joico conditioner

Diva_Esq

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Relaxed

Current hair length:MBL

Hair goal? WSL

How many times per week will you cowash? Every 2 days

What conditioners are you planning to use? Vo5, Aussie 3 minute, maybe add some Herbal essence Conditioner later on.

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Retention, more manageable, softer hair and new growth while I stretch.

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Maybe once/twice every month or so, usually never..but I'm using the Loc method so, I have to shampoo more often, because of the grease (softee mango butter) I use on my ends and hair.

Starting pic: IN SIGGY :grin:

Last edited:
I've co-washed everyday this week with Clear conditioner. I moistirize with Elastica QP mango & eo, then seal with Organix argon oil. My hair feel so dry and brittle. Tonight I will DC overnight.

lindsaywhat
I always thoroughly wet/rinse my hair
then add coffee/tea and squeeze out the excess
then add some oil
then add my cowash conditioner then put on a shower cap while I tend to showering duties...that normally includes 3-5 minutes of daydreaming....that extra time is what I missed so my brew only stayed in my hair for the time it took me to soap up an rinse. I then rinse and add tea/avj which is left in. It doesn't feel as yummy...

lindsaywhat
I always thoroughly wet/rinse my hair
then add coffee/tea and squeeze out the excess
then add some oil
then add my cowash conditioner then put on a shower cap while I tend to showering duties...that normally includes 3-5 minutes of daydreaming....that extra time is what I missed so my brew only stayed in my hair for the time it took me to soap up an rinse. I then rinse and add tea/avj which is left in. It doesn't feel as yummy...

Ooooh that sounds delightful.

Babygrowth I have an oil blend of:
Wheat germ
Avocado
Flax
Hemp
Olive
Grapeseed
Sunflower
Vitamin E
Lemongrass

I mix 8 ounces which lasts me about 8 months (with daily use). .to give you an indication of how little I use during my wash.

Last edited:
Nix08 wow, that's an awesome mix! You are using like drops literally!!! I tried an oil rinse once and let's just say there was an oil slick in my tub and a neck brace knocking on the door ready for that fall that was about to go down!!! Lol! I will try again with a lot less oil! Thanks!

I cowashed after my DC with VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie. This is my second cowash/DC for the week. I have decided to really focus on my scalp when I cowash and on my hair when I DC to prevent over manipulation when I'm washing it out. I'm working on ways to minimize the SSK's.

Back