2013 COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD (1/1/13-3/31/13)

lindsaywhat
Hi!
Please give me a review of the shea restorative condish. I loved the shampoo but I hated the deep treatment masque!

Well my hair loves protein, and this condition is more of a protein conditioner. It makes my hair strong and not overly moisturized. For me it's like the perfect balance. I also use it as my Leave in. I does not have the "slip" that alot of people look for in conditioners but that's ok with me. The smell is ehh. Nothing special. But I like that it's an all natural product and I can tag team it as my leave in.
The deep treatment mask did nothing for me at all but it wasn't bad
I actually like all of their products.

^^ I'm going to try it... I can always return it if I don't like it after a couple of uses... thanks hun!

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Relaxed

Current hair length: APL

Hair goal? BSL (short term), WL (long term)

How many times per week will you cowash? 2x or more weekly

What conditioners are you planning to use? VO5 Moisture Milks (strawberries n cream), VO5 clarifying conditioner

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Lush thick healthy ends, more moisturized hair, and more manageability

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Good question lol...I recently read a post where a girl used just conditioner that worked for here with no build up. By anywho I thought about it decided to stick with my regular reggie of shampoo when needed and usually that's a sulfate free shampoo that's ultra moisturizing.

Starting pic:

image-3756451757.jpg

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Cowaashed with vo5 Moisture Milks conditioner this morning. I love this conditioner a lot because it leave my hair feeling so soft and nicely detangles with it as well.

I'm' in.

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Formerly texlaxed but Relaxed as of yesterday when went to a new stylist.
Current hair length: SL. Up until yesterday I was past collarbone and FINALLY grazing APL but got cut back to collarbone yesterday (last time I'll let someone else "take just the ends off")
Hair goal? BSL or Midback (in my dreams)
How many times per week will you cowash? at least 2 but hopefully more
What conditioners are you planning to use? Too many to name I'm a conditioner junkie
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisture, growth, retention (and just use up some of this conditioner)
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? I will use conditioner cleanser (Hairone, Wen,etc.) and/or non sulfate clarifying poo when needed.

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Natural
Current hair length: SL at nape, neck length on sides, below nose in front and EL in crown.
Hair goal? Healthy MBL
How many times per week will you cowash? at least 2 maybe more
What conditioners are you planning to use? Wen, 3 minute moist, really any of my conditioners.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisture, growth, retention, and overall healthy hair.
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Twice per month using HQ lemon poo.

Eta: forgot to add pic

ForumRunner_20130104_090651.jpg

Forgot to post my starting pic:

Attachments

• Pictures 2012 hair and Sharon Wilson's 40th wedding anniversary 004.jpg
    Pictures 2012 hair and Sharon Wilson's 40th wedding anniversary 004.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 36
Co-washed just now with Suave Almond and Shea Butter. This smells so nice and makes my hair feel soft.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using LHCF

After prepooing I cowashed with Shea butter restorative conditioner. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. My hair was softer after rinsing out my prepoo and after rinsing out this stuff it was bleh not soft but not totally stripped. I'm taking this back tomorrow.

After prepooing I cowashed with Shea butter restorative conditioner. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. My hair was softer after rinsing out my prepoo and after rinsing out this stuff it was bleh not soft but not totally stripped. I'm taking this back tomorrow.

Wow, sucks it didn't work for you :(

Cowashed every day this week except for one day. That's the plan for next week as well.

Cowashed with AM3MM yesterday. Tried Macadamia Oil leave-in and didn't like it. Took it and the dhampoo back! Too expensive not to work wonders! I have yet to find a single product that tops Aussie!

Please add me to this challenge. I going to try to stick with this.

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? Natural
Current hair length: APL
Hair goal? BSL
How many times per week will you cowash? 1 or 2x a wk
What conditioners are you planning to use? WEN or whatever else I have on hand
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Length retention/Moisturized ends/and mainly thickness!!
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 2x a month

Starting Pic:

Dec 20 2012.jpg

Last edited:
Should I follow my cleansing conditioner with a regular conditioner? Lately my hair hasn't felt as good as it used to cowashing...

I wanna join!

State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.)? relaxed/texlaxed
Current hair length: front EL, back bottom of neck? NL?

Hair goal? MBL

How many times per week will you cowash? 3 times a week, 2 alone, one with DP.
What conditioners are you planning to use? I am using Redkin Keratin Treatment and Organics Moroccan and Argan Creme alternating

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Healthier more moisturized hair (especially the ends where I have trouble retaining)

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
I am looking into buying a clarifying or chelating shampoo in the next week or two so I can shampoo once a month (doesnt count if I am getting a perm in that month)

Posting starting pic when I flat iron my hair later this week.
Diva_Esq

Back