2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm doing much better today! I'm ready to go full force into being 11 weeks post.

I cowashed with Garnier Triple Moisture and decided to do a ponytail rollerset. I'm so glad I did! My newgrowth is so soft and moisturized! I will probably do it again tomorrow.

Pics are attached. I just did my usual half up in a clip, and my hair was still a bit damp by the time I got to work, but I love it!

Attachments

• Mass of NG n tangles.jpg
    Mass of NG n tangles.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 4 Ponies.jpg
    4 Ponies.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Next Morning.jpg
    Next Morning.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Damp at work.jpg
    Damp at work.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I'm soooo happy with my hair now! I named the first pic "Mass of NG n Tangles". I was not happy. I couldn't even get my fingers through it! :nono:

Now it's all soft and manageable! Ponytail rollersets ROCK! :Copy of 2cool:

sunnieb said:
I'm soooo happy with my hair now! I named the first pic "Mass of NG n Tangles". I was not happy. I couldn't even get my fingers through it! :nono:

Now it's all soft and manageable! Ponytail rollersets ROCK! :Copy of 2cool:

sunnieb, you only roll the ends? My hair feels better today also. Past two nights I have moisturizer by using a light application of AOWC.

@sunnieb, you only roll the ends? My hair feels better today also. Past two nights I have moisturizer by using a light application of AOWC.

divachyk - when my only care is to stretch my tangly newgrowth, I do 4 ponies and only roll the ends with 1 roller per pony.

When I want a bouncy, roller-set look, I do 2 ponies and put in 4 rollers on each pony rolling them up as far as they'll go. Like this:

IMG01785-vi.jpg

IMG01788-vi.jpg

SiggyJan2012-vi.jpg

I was 12 weeks post in the pics above. My newgrowth is still stretched somewhat, but not like when I do 4 ponies.

2 weeks post today.... Hoping to go 8 weeks... Newly relaxed... 4b/c really fine hair.

Any buddies?

Plan to go to a salon for the relaxer... because it takes too darn long to neutralize it.. and my hands will be tired... lol... Will take my products there tho...

sunnieb, your method seems so much easier. I might try this in the future. I make 4 ponies but I roll and secure rollers to my head vs. letting them hang.

How many weeks post are you right now?
I'm 7 weeks and 3 days post
How long are you stretching?
10 weeks (if my hair and ng will stop fighting each other)
Any other info?
I find that if I stretch too long, this mess will start to break at the demarcation (sp) point. I had this happen to me a 2 years ago, when I stretched for 20 weeks and I had to get it cut from my shoulders to my ears.

Base??? We're supposed to base??? :look:

I slather my hairline and ear tops with vaseline. The rest of my scalp is left alone. I never burn so......:look:
:lachen: I do recall that you have a scalp of steel. :lol: My head would be full of scalp burns if I didn't base.

Base??? We're supposed to base??? :look:

I slather my hairline and ear tops with vaseline. The rest of my scalp is left alone. I never burn so......:look:

What the what? *faints* Now playing in my head...fffiiiiirrrreeee! If only I could think of the actual name of the song.:lachen:

KiWiStyle,

Thanks for the encouragement!! I really needed the "kick in the rear". I had a weak moment this morning. My hair was so puffy after being in braids for 9 days, that I became frustrated with my hair. However, after washing, doing a protein treatment, and DC I feel a lot better. My hair looks I lot better, too.

Btw, I'm really liking the PM Super skinny serum. :lick:

xu93texas,

I'm sure i'll have weak moments as well and i'lll expect you to pull me back into gear. I'm so happy your hair is behaving again, I was getting a little bit worried i'll be finishing this stretch out without a hair buddy. That PM SSS is the truth!!

I CW again Friday night and although it wasn't as great as the last one, i'm still happy and feel great about moving on BUT... i'm am getting really tired of looking at and feeling my NG. I have 4 more CW's and one wash/clarify prior to relaxer day, I don't want to mess with this jungle any longer. This time I used CHI Keratin Mist Leave-in AND Darcy's Daily leave-in. The slip was unbelievable but more importantly, I got an ends strengthening treatment into my CW regimen. My next cw is 4/2 so wish me luck!! Did you braid your hair back up? Remember we are in this together, so i'm with you whatever you decide to do. I'm taking my daughter to the indoor water park next week for a few days during spring break so at least I know I won't be hair obsessing during the week of 4/1-7.

@KiWiStyle,

Hi, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. :lol: I'm sure I'll be needing a few "kicks in the rear" in the future. I'll be CW today and wearing my faux bun and headband.

I'll probably be braiding my hair up again sometime this upcoming week. This time I'll get a cornrow updo and lay off the wigs for a few weeks. It's really getting hot here in TX. I do need to straighten my hair this weekend because I need to post an "after" picture for the Castor Oil challenge that ends tomorrow. I guess I'll flat iron tomorrow because I won't have time to do it today.

I'm glad your CW regimen is working for you. I haven't tried the Chi Keratin Mist yet. I do have the Chi Silk Infusion. I also really like the PM SSS. I think that'll be a staple in my regimen from now on. Thanks for your support. How will you style your hair this week? Have you checked out any wigs yet? Have fun with your dd during Spring Break.

Last edited:
Well, I've come to a decision:look: I'm relaxing next weekend @ 12 weeks. You see what happened was.....I'm just craving a fresh relaxer:look: I have issues I know but what the hey....I'm woman and its my perogative to change my mind (a million time):lachen:

Well, I've come to a decision:look: I'm relaxing next weekend @ 12 weeks. You see what happened was.....I'm just craving a fresh relaxer:look: I have issues I know but what the hey....I'm woman and its my perogative to change my mind (a million time):lachen:

:lol::lol: Girl it's alright..it's somethin about a fresh relaxer :lick: I can't see myself stretching past 12 weeks either unless it's by accident or it's no big deal.

Thanks @Raspberry for understanding...I'm with you 12 weeks is sufficient for me. I can go longer without hair issues but I don't like the look nor do I like big hair on me so 12 it is. ..Plus relaxing 4 times a year I think is still pretty honourable:yep:

ETA: sunnieb Sorry to let you down buddy:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back