2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here are some pics.. not great quality, lol

This is my FARS
Curls.jpg

KhandiB,
Believe it or not, I thought about this pic when I asked my stylist to style my weave today. I think it came out great. Keep the pics coming so I can have some more inspiration.:grin:

Attachments

• photo (30).JPG
    photo (30).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 19
  • photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 18
xu93texas said:
KiWiStyle, Raspberry,

So I got my weave installed today and I really like it. See the pics in the post above also. What do you think?

I actually like it and not a fan of weave at all but looks nice and blends very well with your hair. And if you never told me it was weave i would question was it or not? Someone paid a pretty penny or they just that damn good, like seriously it looks good!

I actually like it and not a fan of weave at all but looks nice and blends very well with your hair. And if you never told me it was weave i would question was it or not? Someone paid a pretty penny or they just that damn good, like seriously it looks good!

Thanks chica, she's just really good!:grin: I paid $150.

xu93texas said:
Thanks chica, she's just really good!:grin: I paid $150.

I know a couple of girls that should seriously exchange info where you go and all that because their hair be looking hit and it looks so fake and cheap!

xu93texas,

WOW, your sew in looks great!! My last sew-in looked very similar...natural but I couldn't stand the itchiness and not being able to really get to scalp because of the braids. I wonder if there is something to prevent this?

sunnieb Thanks so much! I applied some Mane & Tail detangler to my ends last night. I soaked them as a mater of fact. I used my wide tooth comb to detangle, applied some moisturizer and oil, rebraided and used 2 red flexirods at the ends. My ends are super soft today!

I am loving this thread!!!

@xu93texas,

WOW, your sew in looks great!! My last sew-in looked very similar...natural but I couldn't stand the itchiness and not being able to really get to scalp because of the braids. I wonder if there is something to prevent this?

KiWiStyle,
Thank you! I know what you mean about not getting to the scalp. However, she braided my hair in medium thin braids. She also threaded the wefts onto every other braid. Therefore, when I lift the tracks I have easy access to my scalp and cornrows underneath. I had kinky twists back in January and I think this will require just as much effort to maintain. This morning I did have some mild itchiness in the back, but once I sprayed the braid spray, it felt a lot better. I'm not sure how to prevent itchiness. Maybe it was the hair that was used. This particular brand comes from a bss. I didn't want to spend $$$ if I couldn't tolerate the weave. If this install lasts 8 wks, I'll probably purchase some high quality hair.

Last edited:
@xu93texas Looks great! Love the layers and body.. I agree with lilmama that it looks very natural too :yep:. How long do you plan to keep it in?

Raspberry,
Thanks! I plan to keep it in for 8 weeks if all goes well. I would like to wear sew-ins for the entire summer and possibly through September. I need to step up my protective styling.

EasypeaZee - how you holdin' up?

I cowashed this morning and airdried in a ponytail. My newgrowth is soft and behaving.

I'm relaxing tomorrow and I can't wait! Anybody else relaxing this weekend? Let's buddy up! :grin:

I'm 8 weeks post and this new growth is killing me!! It's so thick and unmanageable! I have finally found a solution but it takes extra time. I am moisturizing twice a day. First I spray my roots with the Luster's Scurl no drip spray (don't say it... I know Old' School for real)! Then I add plenty of Dubar Amla oil (Five STARS!!) and finally I seal my ends with Cantu Shea butter (another favorite). Now I can comb and my ends are protected for the evening.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I deep conditioned my hair to ORS hairepair today with some of my oil mixed in and my hair feels like butter.... I love this thing!! I just wished that it came in a full size bottle those packet gets on my last nerve

anyways how are my hair buddies doing this weak? I got a nice amount of new growth for two week, but I have noticed a slight scalp soreness, I am I'm uncertain if MT is to blame or my scalp massages I'm going to ease off and see which one is the culprit and adjust accordingly.

Still looking for a buddy 8 weeks post today! Stretching to 20-26 weeks - Daily exerciser, frequent co-washer and new steamer over here! :D

xu93texas, Raspberry,

Hi ladies, just checking in. I've been really busy the last couple days with a combination of work & play, it's been a very good week.

I had a formal event on Friday and only did a cute updo myself. I cw and air dried, then flat ironed on Thursday night and styled on Friday. My DH was not very happy," there you go putting that heat back in your head, that's how you damaged your hair before". I had no idea he really cared, he is a hair guy and loves healthy natural(no color or extensions) hair. Anyway, I'm going to prepoo, shampoo and steam DC to rebuild any possible breakdown from the heat, although I did use very low heat. I'll air dry, moisturize, bun and do an inverted single French braid until my next cw Wednesday. I want to get my ends dusted soon, it's been at least 10 weeks since my last trim.

I'm Looking for a "Relaxed Hair Buddy" to keep each other motivated (esp: during summer heat) :

Will be 9 weeks post on (5/2)
I will stretch to 12 weeks (5/23)
Current Length: Armpit Length
Goal Length : Mid back
Hair Goal: Thicker, Shinier, more manageable hair with body/swang

If this sounds like you:
Be my buddy (PM or "Mention" me):
:orders: :up:

Regimen:

* Wash/Condition Weekly
* Protein Treatment Monthly (hair loves protein)
* Clarify as needed
* Seek & Destroy as needed (avg monthly)
* Habitual "Bunner"
* Relax every 12-14 weeks avg (or longer if my hair cooperates)
* Vitamins (3-5x/wk)
* Oil scalp (wkly)
(Interested in: styling, henna, co-washing, & other misc. hair ideas/tips)

Last edited:
sunnieb said:
EasypeaZee - how you holdin' up?

I cowashed this morning and airdried in a ponytail. My newgrowth is soft and behaving.

I'm relaxing tomorrow and I can't wait! Anybody else relaxing this weekend? Let's buddy up! :grin:

Hey! Sorry I've been MIA schools been kicking my butt... I feel so free after my relaxer. I was so comfortable with my new growth and now it's all gone and I feel kinda bad that I m so relieved to reach into my scalp and not feel growth.... 15 weeks here I come :)

I want a buddy!

I'm 3.5 weeks post & stretch 15-16 weeks but I want to stretch from July to December this year!

My relaxer schedule is April, July & December. I'll relax in September only if I get impatient. LOL!

I usually air dry & bun because I workout 6 days a week. But my first love is roller setting!

Touch up day today. I used Profectiv super strength. I sectioned into about 30 pieces. I overlapped unfortunately especially at the back. I forgot to base my scalp but I didn't experience any burning. By tomorrow Ill evaluate if I have any underprocessed areas.

Angelinhell I'm still on a hunt for a nice moisturizing shampoo (I like paraben/sulphate free products and here in lies the struggle with finding a nice moisturizing shampoo for me). The other ladies will certainly be more helpful...I do like elucence moisture balancing shampoo...divachyk I believe loves and uses Kenra:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back