2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@xu93texas @KiWiStyle

Hi Ladies! I need to catch up on this thread.. looks like you two have great regimens though :) Puttin in work...

@KiWiStyle I'm glad adding protein is working for you. Besides the silk proteins in my conditioners and leave-ins I only use a protein condish or shampoo once every couple weeks.

My hair is doing well, I'm still into lazy styling, sticking mostly with a high bun or two bantu knots at night for waves in the morning. Washed my hair last night with Tigi Honey & Oatmeal Shampoo, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Scalp Treatment (makes my scalp feel great and its moisturizing), and Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk.

I'm loving my new blow dryer yall, never thought I'd be using heat regularly :giggle: I tension blow dry when my hair is 70% dry and only until its 95% dry and I can still feel a little moisture in it. Wrapped my hair and today it feels smooth and silky. Before wrapping I lightly sealed with Rusk + Claudie's Revitalizing Balm (awesome ingredients).. wonder if that improved results. I'm loving my current product rotation, my hair feels perfectly moisturized.

KiWiStyle - Aw Thanks! It is the one style that I can get to look good 8 times out of 10! I think the biggest thing for me is to not do it while its wet. I let it pretty much dry completely and use conditioner and oil to braid , I do 2-3 braids each time, if that helps at all :)

KhandiB,
I'm sitting here looking at your beautiful braid out dreaming of the day mine will look as good. Great job!!

Hey, I can be your buddy. I'm 3 days post as I relaxed on Saturday the 21st, however I will be stretching 12 weeks :grin:. I'm about 1" from BSL and my goal is MBL. I have tangling issues starting at about 6 weeks post and I also have low porosity hair, so I'm trying out the Greenhouse Effect for extra moisture/growth benefits effective today and I take a hair, skin and nail multivitamin. What's your goals?

i know im late, but i need a relaxed buudy :(
im like 3 days post
i plan on stretching 10 weeks

Last edited:
growinstrong
sure! Im gonna try to self relax for the first time on june 30. right now im grazing apl. basically i go by the numbers on my shirt rather than apl bsl etc. so right now im on the number 4, by june 30 i wanna be on number 6, then by septemer the number 8.
i use sulfur/castor/mn mix on scalp/GHE baggy nightly, and cowash every morning (i dont rinse all the conditioner out.) DC twice a week, protein and ACV rinse (clarify) once a week. as for my vitamins i take fish/flaxseed/primrose oil pills and GNC ultra mega green prenatal vitamins everyday. oh and for the summer i plan to follow the same regi except ill keep my hair in cornrows under a wig.

WHEW that seems like alot lol

KhandiB,

Thanks for the braid out tip, now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense. I have fine strands and braiding while wet made my braid out look so frail and thin so i've rendered mine useless. Also as you mentioned, it seems less product is best...adding just a tad bit of leave-in conditioner and a little oil should be sufficient. I'm going to try this very soon :-).

KhandiB I love how it turned out. beautiful. i never have any luck with getting nice results when i do a braidout.

@divachyk - No I dont dilute it

@Nix08 - Here are pics of my recent braidout .. my camera isnt taking great pics of my hair since I dyed it black
braidout3.jpg

braidout2.jpg
braidout-1.jpg

OT: I rave about few products but I'm really liking Claudie's ends assurance for my ends. Makes them feel soft.

OT: I rave about few products but I'm really liking Claudie's ends assurance for my ends. Makes them feel soft.
divachyk I can't wait until Claudie's next sale, I'm feelin a haul comin on :look:. She really puts her foot in her mixes and I love the ingredients - plus I'm finally getting low on butters. My low/no buy is paying off :lol:

Hey all! Ok so I need a buddy. I had a BAD bleach job(my bad)from the front of to center (mainly crown) of my head last October and well...every strand fell out and I mean EVERY strand. I bleached root to tip but the rest of my hair is shoulder length.I haven't been able to relax it cause the fuzz I had on the top was to damaged and it was just FUZZ.

I keep my hair braided ALL the time. they only come out the night before my appointment for redo. So I think I'm about 6 months since my last relaxer and tryingt to make it till Decmeber 31. Anyone want to buddy up with me??

I am currently 13wks/1day post....

I am having my washing session after taking out my sengalese twist after having them in for 8 weeks. I will take some pics either tonight or tomorrow just to have a starting pics.

TTYL ladies....Oh and I still need a buddy :look:, if anyone is 13wks post hit me.

Hi ZebraPrintLover,

I'm 13 weeks post too so why don't we buddy up? I already have a buddy, mamaore, but the more the merrier!

How long do you plan to stretch for? I was initially planning 16 weeks, but my new growth has gotten so dense that am now taking it week by week. Can no longer style it and have had it in Celie braids for the past 3 days. Who knows, I might give in this weekend :look:

What are you doing to manage the new growth now that you're out of braids?

@dargirl, I'm 12 weeks post today and I dont think I can hold out anymore.

My hair shed and broke so much on Sunday when I washed despite using Alter Garlic mask on my scalp before I cowashed. I also stopped washing with shampoo in the last 2 wash sessions and honestly I have not noticed a significant difference in shed or broken hairs.
At this point I have come to a conclusion that I have to TU. My next go round, I will only stretch to 10 weeks and evaluate.

I know you said you would like to stretch to 16 weeks, so you may have to look for any buddy @sunnieb can you help.

anyone planning to TU this weekend? any tips. I will be self-relaxing with profectiv no-lye super strength.

mamaore,

Hey, no shame in your game! A girl's gotta do what she's gotta do! 12 weeks is totally a decent stretch. Will this be your first time self-relaxing or are you a pro?

Am still undecided on my own stretch, but would love to continue as buddies. So please keep posting! Might give in myself this week if I get really fed up; but if I am that fed up then it'd be best to go to the salon rather than attempt to self-relax. Don't do too well when I'm frustrated :nono:

My hair's in Celie braids as we speak (been so since Sunday). Am just M&S daily and leaving it tied up under a satin doo rag. Slap on a head-wrap when I need to go out. I work from home so can luckily get away with some really trifling hair :lachen:

sunnieb or any other lady here with experience....how do you keep the ends of your braind outs or bantu knots out soft and moisturized? I have been wearing a braid out for the past few days and I rebraid it at night. My NG is super soft but the ends are a bit crunchy even though I moisturize and seal it every night. I just want to avoid any breakage. I am already seeing a few broken ends when I finger comb in the mornings.

dargirl,
No problemo. I will self relax, I have been self -relaxing for the last 2 years. My technique still sucks, but I think I'm better than I used to be.

I have not oiled my scalp since Sunday, just M& S morning and evening and bunning for work.

I'm thinking of lightly flat ironing my newgrowth 2 days before I TU to see if the relaxer will take faster.

My last TU I divided into 6 sections instead of 4 and my hair came out way better than previous sessions where I had only 4 sections. :yep:

I will now try sunnieb's method of twisting in smaller sections, I think she had almost 28 twists at her last TU. I'm always looking for ways to make the self-relax process stress free for me. I hope to get consistent results with more practice.

Loving - I do several things to keep my ends drenched in moisture.

Cowash every other day

Moisturize 2x a day

I only do 2 braids at night, so I place a clip at the end of the braid leaving 2 inches out. I slather the ends with ORS Carrot Oil and add a layer of castor oil. Then I comb through with a fine toothed comb to ensure every hair gets some moisture love. My ends stay moist all the next day. :yep:

mamaore - my pre-relaxer twists have never let me down! I never have any under processed areas.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Loving
i am really loving that Suave Almond and Shea Butter! i dc'ed with it after i used the shampoo and my hair was very moisturized! thanks again for putting me on!

@Ms. Tiki, MBL fat roll -- you need to stop :blush: but congrats on the growth & retention. :yep: Perhaps the hair was stripped too much after clarifying. Just a guess. Where did you see the WnG / scrunch method?

@Angelinhell, what prompted you to relax straight?

@VK1K, I use VO5 MM to wet detangle before applying my DC and like it a lot.

@KhandiB, do you dilute your V05 when using it as a LI?

I was having a lot of matting, tangling, and breakage from a lye relaxer not getting my roots as straight as I like them to be.

Please forgive me, I'm new to this site and don't know how to use the mention feature yet, but I'm only 2 weeks post and I'm already seeing new growth:grin:. I have been using a stimulating conditioner, and I think It's working. Maybe I should switch to a stimulating shampoo too hmmm.......

Please forgive me, I'm new to this site and don't know how to use the mention feature yet, but I'm only 2 weeks post and I'm already seeing new growth:grin:. I have been using a stimulating conditioner, and I think It's working. Maybe I should switch to a stimulating shampoo too hmmm.......

Hey Angelinhell, I'm almost 6 months post but I'm new as well. We can buddy up if you want. What brand of conditioner is it?

Hey Angelinhell, I'm almost 6 months post but I'm new as well. We can buddy up if you want. What brand of conditioner is it?
:hiya3: Wow six months post! Sure you can join, I'm in the 12 weeks group though.The conditioner I have is straight request fixative, but any shampoo or conditioner marketed for dandruff should be stimualting.

Yeah 6 months but it was out of neccesity though. I bleached all the hair off the crown of my head and I mean EVERY strand. So I keep it braided all the time by a professional. I'll post pics of the protective style I have in so you guys can see it.

Yeah 6 months but it was out of neccesity though. I bleached all the hair off the crown of my head and I mean EVERY strand. So I keep it braided all the time by a professional. I'll post pics of the protective style I have in so you guys can see it.
Oh you poor thing:sad:I hope your hair grows back full and healthy. Another good stimulating conditioner is nairobi stimu-sil, and there are also scalp drops, and oils to help your hair grow back.

I swear, I can't keep up with all of our relaxed threads. :giggle: I just post in whichever one I come across first.

Here's a low budget photo of my hair today. This is from my wash session last night. I used Pura's Murumuru MM and cupuacu butter for sealing. I braided my hair in two braids and pin curled them overnight. I apologize for the low quality picture but I suck at self-pics.
2012-04-25_08-38-30_2131.jpg

2012-04-25_08-38-59_5171.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back