2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeeSGees 5 hours is a long time. Well done. You must be tired.

I'm still on my way home on the train. I'm washing tonight... I probably won't be able to sleep until 12.30am. I'm out all day tomorrow so gotta do what I gotta do tonight

@Aggie I'm sorry to hear you are starting over. Have you cut yet? Can you just cut the knots off instead of chopping 2 inches? I just relaxed April 2nd and that was about 16 week stretch. I'm not stretching that long anymore If I can make it 12 weeks I'll be relaxing June 25.

I had to do a corrective the second time i texlaxed. Instead of leaving it on 5 minutes I did 7 minutes. Once my newgrowth had the relaxer on for 5 minutes I just smoothed relaxer on the previously relaxed parts for 2 minutes. My advice is to test an inconspicuous part of your hair first just incase it doesnt come out how you like, it will be hidden. Also, being relaxer buddies is cool but if you need to go and relax your hair then please do so. I wanted to stretch 20 weeks but my hair will be a matted tangled mess and any progress I would hair I would probably lose trying to detangle. Let me know how things work out.

Girl Lynnerie, I already had the cut and the stylist said she didn't have to cut so much hair off - she only took off what needed to be taken off. She said she didn't even have to cut it but since we are trying to achieve a certain look, she said she will only take off what she needed to accomplish that look and as it grows out, I will see all coming together.

I like that she saw the end product before going for the look I want and knows how to get me there. I will be sticking with her of course for my cuts and trims. I still don't know how she got those knots out even before she cut it. The cut is beautiful - I really lke it.

Here are a few pics of my new cut:

Attachments

• Blackberry Pics 1 004.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 004.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Blackberry Pics 1 005.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 005.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
  • Blackberry Pics 1 006.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Blackberry Pics 1 007.jpg
    Blackberry Pics 1 007.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 18
Oh by the way Lynnerie, like you, I do not intend to stretch so long anymore. I always seem to leave too much hair out of the relaxer when I do. I am going for 11-12 weeks tops from now on.

I believe I was destroying my hair from stretching too long. I really wanted to stretch longer, but for me it is a huge mistake.

@TeeSGees 5 hours is a long time. Well done. You must be tired.

I'm still on my way home on the train. I'm washing tonight... I probably won't be able to sleep until 12.30am. I'm out all day tomorrow so gotta do what I gotta do tonight

mamaore I finally finished flat ironing and i'm exhausted but i like how my hair turned out. This hair game is like a day job sometimes.. lol!!

Anybody want to partner with a 1 day post girl to 10 weeks?

Hmmm, KhandiB, I am thinking about joining you if I don't texlax in the next 2 weeks and if I don't that would take my stretch to 13.5 weeks. I really didn't ewant to stretch past 12 weeks this time around.

I tell ya what, let's hold hands for now and see if I can hold out. If I can't then I will give you a fair heads up, ok?

Aggie When I first saw the pic and before I really looked at it I thought you had a new wig. I was saying oh that is a cute wig. Then I realized it was your hair. It looks so shiny and pretty.

2 down 1 to go!! I,ve never heard of Influance relaxer but I'm glad it's working for you. I sometimes wonder if there are perfectly wonderful hair products out there that would do wonders for my hair but we tend to purchase what works for most around here. I never heard of Nairobi either before I met my stylist. She uses Nairobi Pamper Mild on me and I LOVE IT!!! I can get my hair bone straight and not worry about burns or over processing.
@KiWiStyle @xu93texas

I was just thinking about the bolded yesterday when I was at the salon. My stylist uses Ashtae relaxer and products.. The results are great and the shampoos, conditioners, styling aids, etc. all have good ingredients. I wanted to haul a bunch of Ashtae products but keratin protein was an ingredient in most of it and that stuff is definitely hit or miss for me. Right after a relaxer I'm sure my hair welcomes the stronger protein though..

Ah well, I guess it's just easier to buy products that many others have experimented with and reviewed.

Raspberry, KiWiStyle,

I'm DC right now on dry hair with KeraCare Humecto mixed with hempseed oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and evco. I'll clarify and do a protein treatment followed by 5 min DC with Silicon Mix. I'm going to do a rollerset (my first one for 2012) and then wrap it up for the night. I'll pincurl nightly and CW on Wednesday. I'll do another rollerset and pin curl nightly until wash day again next Saturday. This will be my routine for the next month or so. I'm planning one or two trips to the salon during this stretch (mainly for a rinse, Dudley DRC treatment, a spiral curl do for my dd kinder graduation at the end of May, and my ds 1st b-day party/bbq around the 4th of July).

I haven't heard of Ashtae hair products. There are so many product lines out there for relaxed heads these days. I personally would love to find one line for all my products and stick with that line. There's just so much out there. You mentioned keratin protein. For some reason, my fine hair loves any type of protein. I really like Aphogee 2 min. keratin protein reconstructor and my hair absolutely loves Dudley's DRC 28. I really need to invest in that stuff, it's pretty pricey.

Anyway, enough rambling. OK, I need to see some hair pics. I've already posted mine in the relaxer reveal thread. Where da at? Where da at? Where da at? :lol:

xu93texas, Raspberry,

I haven't heard of Ashtai either, i'm glad it's working for you. I promise to have pictures soon, i'm just really enjoying my curls and of course with curls I can't identify my true length just yet. xu93texas, how do you like the Keracare Humecto! I bought some of that but it's now in my trunk to return to Ulta so I can exchange it for the Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie conditioning balm when it's back in stock,...it's suppose to be the bomb!! I'm tempted to drive to another location to see if they have it in stock, i'm tired of waiting. I love doing the pincurls!!! I haven't mastered it just yet but it still comes out nicely for a very nice updo or cute pony! I saw your pictures in the reveal thread and all I can say is GO GIRL!! Looks like we'll be in the SL thread together, YAY!! I've been working all day, just wanted to do a quick check-in. TTYL.

Last edited:
KhandiB said:
Anybody want to partner with a 1 day post girl to 10 weeks?

I will! I might go for two more weeks after but I'll cross that bridge when i get to it

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

xu93texas, Raspberry

So I come home from a long day out today (work and play) and tired as heck, thinking how i can't wait to shower and go straight to bed, right? Not quite. I go to check for mail and to my surprise, my new length check t-shirt arrived AND my bottle of Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo has arrived!!!! So am I tired and ready for bed? NOPE!! I rushed to put my things away, opened my packages and started preparing for my first wash post relaxer. I'm sitting under my dryer with my ceramide oils (grapeseed, hempseed and safflower). I will then shampoo with my new bottle of poo, apply alter ego hot oil treatment and steam for about 45 minutes. I'll wet wrap for length check purposes, sit under dryer again and then go night, night. Tomorrow I'll pincurl to get some body until my cw day which has not been determined yet. I'm kinda mad Ulta still didn't have the size I want of hydrtherapie conditioning balm but I guess it's just as well, I think I needed to use the alter ego anyway.
xu93texas, How did the rollerset go? I think I'll attempt one during my next wash, what are you using?
Raspberry, shouldn't you use moisture products just after relaxing?

KiWiStyle,

My little one got in the way today, so I ended up doing bantu-knots on air-dried hair. I hope it turns out well. I'll attempt to rollerset on CW day after putting the kids to bed.

I like KeraCare Humecto. I used it faithfully when I started my hair journey last year. Now, my favorite conditioner is Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. I LOVE it! However, I'm forcing myself to use up the KeraCare Humecto and Silicon Mix before going back to Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. I've heard good things about the Biolage line as well, but I won't be tempted. :grin:

Let me know how you like the new PM shampoo. I can't wait to see your pics.

xu93texas,

I want to try that Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask, but no time soon. I think I have all the products i've wanted to get me through the year. My hair idol uses a lot of the Paul Mitchell line and so far, I'm loving it as well. She's a member here... I think her name here is againstallodds but I follow her blog.

I had the entire day to myself yesterday and it felt so great!! My DH was at the firehouse and my daughter stayed overnight at her aunts, I utilized every second of the day for my self. Late laste night, I wet wrapped and it came out unbelieveable!! After washing out my DC, I did a porosity control treatment for one minute, applied LTR, touhably smooth leave-in but then rinsed it out ;-). I applied Darcy's daily leave-in, PM SSS and Jane Carter Wrap and Roll. I was sure to apply small amounts this time and the wrapped and set under the dryer. Let me tell you!! My hair was so soft and silky and straight! I can't say for sure what contributed to this beautiful hair so I'll say all of them together. DH is back home so I'll have him take pictures.

Last edited:
@xu93texas, @Raspberry

I'm DC right now on dry hair with KeraCare Humecto mixed with hempseed oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and evco. I'll clarify and do a protein treatment followed by 5 min DC with Silicon Mix. I'm going to do a rollerset (my first one for 2012) and then wrap it up for the night. I'll pincurl nightly and CW on Wednesday. I'll do another rollerset and pin curl nightly until wash day again next Saturday. This will be my routine for the next month or so. I'm planning one or two trips to the salon during this stretch (mainly for a rinse, Dudley DRC treatment, a spiral curl do for my dd kinder graduation at the end of May, and my ds 1st b-day party/bbq around the 4th of July).

I haven't heard of Ashtae hair products. There are so many product lines out there for relaxed heads these days. I personally would love to find one line for all my products and stick with that line. There's just so much out there. You mentioned keratin protein. For some reason, my fine hair loves any type of protein. I really like Aphogee 2 min. keratin protein reconstructor and my hair absolutely loves Dudley's DRC 28. I really need to invest in that stuff, it's pretty pricey.

Anyway, enough rambling. OK, I need to see some hair pics. I've already posted mine in the relaxer reveal thread. Where da at? Where da at? Where da at? :lol:

You ladies with patience to rollerset always amaze me.. I don't think I can do it :nono:, the results are beautiful though.

LOL I got yall tomorrow.. I spent most of the weekend lazing around the house with my hair tied up.

@Raspberry, shouldn't you use moisture products just after relaxing?

The relaxer process involves a ton of protein loss to get it straight so the protein treatments during and right after recover some of the needed protein. Other than relaxer tiime my hair is somewhat protein sensitive, it can only stand milder types on a regular basis (ex. silk and wheat germ proteins). Stronger proteins I have to use sparingly.

I don't have an issue retaining moisture with my current wash routine and using the L.O.C. method.

Okay, here are some pics.. not great quality, lol

This is my FARS
Curls.jpg

This is after a blow dry, I do not use an attachment..
blowdried.jpg

Flatironed
straight.jpg

Ill post better pics later, Im still not a pro at this part, lol

Loving
so this is week 6 for us? how is everything holding up? i will be cowashing tomorrow. i am going to start every 3-4 days. i am trying to hold out until May 12th. i am still experiencing some dryness, breakage, and shedding. i believe i am underprocessed. i will be going to a professional for my touchup. the breakage isn't too bad. just my very ends. i am going to do a tea rinse before i cowash tomorrow to help with the shedding.

i pray i can make it to May 12th. all i do is wear a bun. and i don't really comb my hair unless it is wash day. so it is just a matter of trying to keep my hair moisturized.

i want to try that Creme Of Nature Argan Oil Leave-in, Shampoo, and Conditioner. but i want to stay away from shampooing until my touchup.

@KhandiB,
Your hair is gorgeous!! I love the thickness and curls.:grin:

@KiWiStyle, I checked out your pics. Simply beautiful! I'm loving all this beautiful hair around here. All ya'll gonna make me get a weave up in here.:grin: I'm so looking forward to getting past full SL and beyond so I can rock these beautiful curls like you ladies. :yep::yep:

The bantu knots came out OK. I like doing them better than rollersets, it's a lot easier. I will do a rollerset Wednesday.

Last edited:
@shortdub78 Not quite. Today makes 5 weeks and 2 days posts. I am still going on fine. No issues, thank God. I'm not sure if I will cowash this week as my hair feels very moisturized today. I did a protein DC on Saturday with ORS Hair Mayo and some Mizani Protein Rexonstructor. I then did a shampoo (my first since my touch up in March) with Suave Almon & Shea Butter shampoo and conditioned with Mizani Moisturfuse. Of course, I did my rollerset and then pincurled after (or I should say my sylist did it :-) ).

Still aiming for 9 weeks, maybe 10 but I am sure I won't go beyond 10 weeks.

ETA...I lift my hats off to the self relaxers. I always go to a professional for my touch ups.

Last edited:
shortdub78 Not quite. Today makes 5 weeks and 2 days posts. I am still going on fine. No issues, thank God. I'm not sure if I will cowash this week as my hair feels very moisturized today. I did a protein DC on Saturday with ORS Hair Mayo and some Mizani Protein Rexonstructor. I then did a shampoo (my first since my touch up in March) with Suave Almon & Shea Butter shampoo and conditioned with Mizani Moisturfuse. Of course, I did my rollerset and then pincurled after (or I should say my sylist did it :-) ).

Still aiming for 9 weeks, maybe 10 but I am sure I won't go beyond 10 weeks.

Loving, did you wash your hair or your stylist? how do you like the Suave shampoo? how do you maintain your hair when you cowash?

@Loving, did you wash your hair or your stylist? how do you like the Suave shampoo? how do you maintain your hair when you cowash?
shortdub78 My stylist shampooed my hair. I usually do a dry DC on weekends and have her rinse it out and rollerset it. But I felt it was time to get rid of some buildup so I had her shampoo it.

I loooove the Suave shampoo. I think its because of the shea butter. Even when I was natural shea butter products worked well on my hair and with me being relaxed now, I realized that its the same.

When I cowash during the week, I just air dry and when its almost dry, put the hair in two braids. In the morning, I loose the braids and either wear it out as a braid out or do a simple updo with a claw clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back