2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, no way, no how was I gonna comb through my hair today!

I moisturized, fluffed, and clipped back with a flexi 8.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

:hiya:I will be 7 weeks post this weekend, and want to do a corrective. I'm scared though. Can someone help me figure out what to do? I put a tablespoon of Castor Oil and a dollop of Matrix Conditioning Balm in the relaxer:waytogo:
I was so worried I would over process that I went overboard:spinning:
Now my & weeks post looks like 13. In the meantime I had a breakage in the nape caused by protein overload:nono:

I got the protein overload under control with AOWC, AORM, NTM and organic honey.

Should I proceed with a corrective this weekend?
Do I need to do a protein treatment before the relaxer?

:nervous2:

I'm all late but I could use a buddy..

How many weeks post are you right now?

How long are you stretching?

I was supposed to stretch to 12 weeks but I got umm ...sidetracked.. I have an appt on Friday :lol:.

Any other info?

I've only been relaxed 6 months and the longest I've stretched so far is 10 weeks.. so 11 weeks counts as progress :giggle:

I'm all late but I could use a buddy..

How many weeks post are you right now?

How long are you stretching?

I was supposed to stretch to 12 weeks but I got umm ...sidetracked.. I have an appt on Friday :lol:.

Any other info?

I've only been relaxed 6 months and the longest I've stretched so far is 10 weeks.. so 11 weeks counts as progress :giggle:

Raspberry,

I can be your buddy. I'm relaxing tomorrow morning and plan to stretch until the 2nd or 3rd week in July. I'm also buddies with xu93texas, she's relaxing tomorrow as well. So how about it?

Queenmickie - I'm not a fan of doing correctives, but I'm so glad you waited at least 7 weeks before trying to do one. If you are going to do it this weekend, you definitely need to prepare your hair now. Be sure you clarify and you can do a light protein dc or even a moisturizing dc. Personally, I prefer doing a light protein dc 3 days prior to relaxing. I also do the mid-relaxer protein treatment and another moisturizing dc after neutralizing.

Check out my self-relaxing album: http://public.fotki.com/sunnieb/2011/how-i-self-relax-2011/how-i-self-relax/

Also, do a search for corrective tips from the ladies here. I'm sure you'll find the info you need.

12 weeks 3 days post

I cowashed with HE Touchably Smooth and my hair is happy! I couldn't make it through the detangling without my M&T Detangler though. I didn't feel like doing my normal stretched ponytails, so I'm airdrying using the scarf method right now.

divachyk - you will get hooked on ponytail rollersets if you're not careful!

I've never done a full head rollerset, but I can still get the "look" with my ponies! :grin:

@divachyk - you will get hooked on ponytail rollersets if you're not careful!

I've never done a full head rollerset, but I can still get the "look" with my ponies! :grin:

sunnieb, I always pony set when setting my hair but I set with doing anywhere from 4 to 6 ponies with putting 2 rollers on each pony. I will try your 2 ponies and 3 rollers per pony to see which gives me the better set.

niqu92 and Lynnerie, where are you, my relaxer buddies? I need a little help. I am cutting my hair tomorrow to about 2 inches and texlaxing a little straighter than I was before in about 2.5 weeks to do a corrective at 6 weeks post. My hair is a big knotted mess on the ends.

I am literally starting all over again for the second time this year and I pray this is the last time too. Now I don't remember when you girls will be relaxing again and I wanted you to please let me know to see if I can line my next relaxer stretch up with yours. TIA

So tomorrow morning I get relaxed and I'm sitting in bed feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve! I have never been this excited for a hair appointment. I put in a lot of time and effort and now I'm ready to see the fruits of my labors. Hopefully I can get to sleep soon soon. Anyone else feel like this the day before relaxer?? Or is it just me?

Last edited:
KiWiStyle,
Glad your appointment was moved up a day ahead. My appt. is @4pm. I have another appt. in the morning, therefore I had to braid my hair tonight so I can look decent tomorrow.

I'm not really excited as I was last week. I'm just tired of thinking about my hair all the time. However, I'm excited to see how much length retained. :grin:

xu93texas,

I think I'm majorly excited because I get to feel my scalp again and can cw or shampoo anytime I want without worry. Girl, I really don't give a crap how my hair looks going into the salon, aim just happy I was able to keep my NG relatively stretched without heat so.

@sunnieb and @Nix08 Do you ladies detangle your hair when cowashing? I tried CW for the first time last night and while it made my hair really soft, I lost a little hair. I was wondering if I shouldn't have detangled but just finger combed while it was airdrying.

Loving - I lightly detangle my dry hair prior to cowashing. When rinsing out the conditioner, I use my shower comb to detangle under the running water.

While airdrying using the scarf method, I lightly comb the back of my hair every 30 minutes or so to prevent tangles.

I don't detangle before or during my co wash. When I'm done after applying my leave in and oil I finger detangle as it's drying. I only lose shed hairs. When I'm about 8/9 weeks post I will take my wide tooth comb and will only pull through the new growth on wet hair after I've applied my leave ins. I find that my hair detangles almost on it's own as it dries. Hope that helps.

Loving

Loving said:
sunnieb...so I guess there will always be a few strands of hair that will be lost right?

Yes, because we all lose shed hairs daily. And the key is that I lightly detangle. Never be rough.

sunnieb and Nix08 Thanks a lot. I will see how this cowashing thing works. I will probably just do it once a week for now. I am almost 5 weeks post and my NG is starting to kick in so I need to keep it moisturized.

If I am going to CW, I am going to need to figure out my staple products but yesterday I used a cheap Suave Conditioner and Motions leave in.

Loving said:
sunnieb What products do you use for your CW?

Loving

Conditioners:

HE Touchably Smooth
HE Long Term Relationship
HE Hydrolicius Reconditioning Conditioner
Garnier Triple Moisture
Garnier Length and Strength

Leave-ins:

ORS Carrot Oil
NTM
Rusk Smoother

Loving. my new growth is starting to act up. i need to cowash. i might do that on my next wash day. i tend to lose a small little ball of hair from detangling wet vs finger detangling dry with oil. but i think i shed a lot. i can pull out hairs all day from my hair. it's been that way since i have had children. but i might do a tea rinse to see if that will help.

also, i am going to go back to the Keracare Leave-in. that stuff works. i just left it alone for awhile when i was having my protein overload setback. using that with the Argan oil is nice.

i really wanna get my moisture/protein balance under control. but trying to find a stylist help is annoying. i hate to keep spending money on products trying to figure out what will work. i would like to just stick to a couple of things.

when do you plan on getting a touch up? if i can keep this new growth under control, i would like to do it by middle of May or June. i would really like to go for 12 weeks.

all i do weekly is detangle, dc, wash, air dry, bun, M&S daily. i haven't flat ironed or blow dried my hair in a long time. i want this method to work and take me to BSB or longer by the end of the year.

@shortdub78 I am trying to go for 9 weeks this time. I am trying to ease into stretching. Hopefully cowashing can help me get to that point. 9 weeks would be May 12th for me.

I haven't flat ironed or blow dried in a long time either. The last time was December 2 - for a function I was going to. All I do is DC, rinse, and roller set. I apply the DC dry, let it sit for an hour or two, and go to my stylist for her to rinse it out and roller set. My stylist is a gem! :yep:

I might get a shampoo this week though to get rid of some buildup, but that's if the budget will allow it.

Last edited:
shortdub78 check out www.relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com...if I remember correctly she talks about scalp health in the one before this one (it's a blocked site at work) - warning; I could be wrong:look:

i checked it out. she talked about taking liquid fish oil to help with her health and the health of her scalp. i am going to start back taking Omega 3 anyway. want to reduce my chances of high blood pressure. i haven't been taking my vits like i should. hopefully with eating raw and juicing that will help get my body on track as well as my scalp.

@shortdub78 I am trying to go for 9 weeks this time. I am trying to ease into stretching. Hopefully cowashing can help me get to that point. 9 weeks would be May 12th for me.

I haven't flat ironed or blow dried in a long time either. The last time was December 2 - for a function I was going to. All I do is DC, rinse, and roller set. I apply the DC dry, let it sit for an hour or two, and go to my stylist for her to rinse it out and roller set. My stylist is a gem! :yep:

I might get a shampoo this week though to get rid of some buildup, but that's if the budget will allow it.

i need to easy into the stretching as well. my goal is out of vanity. i just wanna see how long my hair has grown and have a fresh touch up for the next length check in my challenges! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back