2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

@DayDreamist, what kind of teas are you using? I think I might want to give it a try.

Ms_CoCo37, heres what I recently posted in the coffee, tea rinse thread.
Rinsed with my tea blend (rooibos, peppermint x2, earl grey, tulsi, and chamomile) and did it as a final rinse. Added leave in sealed and bunned. Took down my bun to seal my ends and my hair is loving this tea rinsing.

@Ms_CoCo37
oh i didn't get your mention for some reason. :ohwell:

No it's not random, I enjoy korean dramas :D when i was watching Gumiho I was like omg i love her hair

you should check out the asian drama addicts thread

brg240, I'm in the middle of watching Gumiho now! I've been alternating between that and Secret Garden (really good so far!). Netflix FINALLY decided to add some new dramas to the mix.

I'll defintely check out the asian drama addicts thread, thanks!

@Ms_CoCo37, heres what I recently posted in the coffee, tea rinse thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_CoCo37
@DayDreamist, what kind of teas are you using? I think I might want to give it a try.

@Ms_CoCo37, heres what I recently posted in the coffee, tea rinse thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamist
Rinsed with my tea blend (rooibos, peppermint x2, earl grey, tulsi, and chamomile) and did it as a final rinse. Added leave in sealed and bunned. Took down my bun to seal my ends and my hair is loving this tea rinsing.

DayDreamist, thanks for sharing! I have the peppermint, chamomile, and tulsi in my stash...and I think I still have some blueberry rooibos (but I like drinking that one too much...I guess I could share with my hair:grin:).

Ms_CoCo37

I'll defintely check out the asian drama addicts thread, thanks![/QUOTE]
Oh Gumiho is good, i never finished because of my short attention span though. I'm rooting for her and the hunter. But I know they aren't meant to be :cry:
Secret Garden is on netflix now? The wii doesn't list the shows so unless I know whats on I don't see them :/

oh maybe i'll try a tea rinse, though those sound like things i'd probably drink and forget to use on my hair

I've been wearing all kinds of updos, but today I wore a braid out, uncovered, for a couple of hours. :blush:

Hi ladies!! 28 weeks post relaxer

I took out my weave out after 10 weeks - washing was a chore. I decided to do a mini chop. It's no use to have this struggle with washing with all that hair and I'm wear PS's.

Braid out after weave removal

image-2444038363.jpg

Braid out after mini chop

image-136304291.jpg

Still going strong:) I have my hair in a cornrowed twisted bun:) I am really loving this. I think I will leave it in for another week:) I removed the alkali base off the synthetic hair with white vinegar and my scalp has not itched all week:)

Still in my kinky twists. Trying to keep these in for a while, hopefully til June, with touch ups in between. I plan to start cowashing atleast 2x a week.

I also think I will try braids instead of twists, maybe using the freetress brand, curly hair. Will start watching youtube.

Been wearing my own hair out a bit more. Trying to get a little more comfortable with it. Getting lots of positive feedback. Even though I know that opinions don't matter, but the fact that my mom even asks why I don't wear it out more b/c she likes it does me all the good in the world.

I'm using a pass this week. I flat ironed my hair last night and am wearing it out until it reverts in 5.....4....3.....2......

This install has been in for a week today! I'll probably keep this in for 6 weeks, then do half wigs before I use my pass for graduation in late May. My S.Shells 18 relaxed weave is great not to much shedding, not really any tangles, & when I wash it its back to normal this was a great buy. But for the summer I want curly hair & I've been looking at virgin glam and they have some very nice curly hair.

Restocked my half wig collection today. Picked up 4 that were on sale at my favorite BSS. They even gave me a discount on top of it. Gotta love loyalty :lol:

I'm still hiding my hair, but it doesn't look like it's grown much since August. However, I am an extremely slow grower and I'm old. *sigh* I guess I'll know more when I do a length check in June.

Still doing wash-n-gos and pony puffs. My hair seems to be doing fine, but I might put in individual braids for awhile. Getting tired of watching this pot boil...

Still rocking twists since the beginning of the year. I've only wore my hair out in a twist out once and didn't like it. I just feel like it could set me back so I put my hair back in twists. I contemplated mini twists, but decided to stay with the same medium size twists because I enjoy washing my hair once a week again.

I love deep conditioning weekly and moisturizing my clean hair properly. My scalp enjoys it too.

I put on my length check shirt and saw that I gained 1 inch in growth since mid-January :grin: Can't wait until June to do my reveal!

Still rocking these cornrows, although I'm sick of them already. I'm going to try to go another two weeks to make it six.

I'm not above cutting off the bun and slapping a wig on top :look: :lol:

@PittiPat :lachen:. I feel the SAME way.

Just took some pics to see if I could see anything and it looks like the only thing that changed was my top. My hair looks the same, the shoulders are still broad, even the streaks on the mirror didn't change:ohwell:

Thanks for leading on this FaithVa. Good luck to everyone in the next round

PS excuse me y'all wrong thread:blush:

Attachments

• hair5.jpg
    hair5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I finished installing some mini-twists this morning. I'm going to see how long I can last in these. They make undo's so much easier to create.

Week 2 & I'm still in my SS weave & I want to keep it in until the 1st of May, I want to wear my own hair for graduation.

I forgot to show how my hair looked for my graduation pictures... this was my 2nd time installing my SS hair weave

Grad1-1.jpg

I give up. Theses cornrows are coming out in the morning. They are fuzzy and starting to look ratchet!

And it's nice weather for wash n gos

Last edited:
I've been wearing braid outs the past 3 days. I will continue for another week. I'll be relaxing next week and I don't know what to do with my hair afterwards. :perplexed

Will be touching up my KT this weekend, probably do the top half, and a few in the back next weekend. Been co-washing, so they look a HAM :sad:

Back