2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

I need another tiny trim to even up the right side of my hair with the left side. I can't believe how uneven a cut this is that last stylist gave me:nono:. I am still hiding my hair with my afro wigs:yep:.

I need another tiny trim to even up the right side of my hair with the left side. I can't believe how uneven a cut this is that last stylist gave me:nono:. I am still hiding my hair with my afro wigs:yep:.

I'm having the same issue but I did it to myself. I keep saying I'm going to wait until I'm WL but it is bothering me. I think I'm going to cut about 1/4" off the right side to make it look closer to the left side.

I have had my cornrows with extensions for 5 wks now and they still look good. I think I will give them 2 more weeks.

Checking in (which I've been terrible at!!). My hair is still in yarn braids from about January, I want to take them out preferably at the end of March. It will be a very long time but my hair seems to be in good condition, I still moisturise and seal daily and wash as needed.

I used one of my passes this past weekend. I just had to go to my stylist to get a black rinse, DRC 28 treatment, my ends dusted, and my hair flat ironed. I am very pleased with the results! I'll be back to wearing my wigs on Wednesday.

i must be the only one dreading reveal day! :nono: i have not straightened my hair in a while out of fear i might be farther away frm my goal than i think! ugh!

i must be the only one dreading reveal day! :nono: i have not straightened my hair in a while out of fear i might be farther away frm my goal than i think! ugh!

Last year I went WAAAAYYYY backwards in progress; by the time I'd realized all the damage I'd done it was too late. In an attempt to start fresh I had to do alot of cutting, but now I have no idea where I'll end up lengthwise.

Anyways, 2 weeks later the Senegalese twists I got installed look a hot mess; the extensions are sliding like crazy, my edges look fuzzy & I'm not feeling them. UGH ! I knew I should have installed them myself

Just noticed that this Friday my install will have been in 4 weeks & because this hair cost me a lot of money I plan to keep it in for 8 weeks.

Only problem is I can wash it and dry it by myself, but I cant style it or flat iron it good. I was thinking that because Friday will make 4 weeks I might spend the 50 dollars to have it done at the shop, but I really don't have the 50 dollars to spend so.... I'll come up with something but this hair will stay in.

Your not the only one:) I have to get in control of my scissor happy ways:perplexed I want to make BSL this year so I have to chill since the beginning of this year I have trimmed off 1.5inches and gained about 1 in. My rate is crazy right now for whatever reason. It may be my vits or my new exercise regimen other than those 2 things nothing has changed.

Took my twists out Thursday night! As soon as I got the word my weekend was free, out them suckas came!

Currently still hiding my hair under cute lil hats. Will probably do my next set by the end of the month.

Still wearing either a twistout puff or a curly puff. I'll be using a pass at the end of this month for another challenge and I have it all lined up. DC, straightening then dusting.

I'm sporting 4 lazy twists hiding under a cap today. I look a hot mess. T_T

I'm cosigning with those who are dreading their reveal. I don't feel like I'm progressing at all. My hair is forever tangled, and the winter months have not been kind to me. I think I'm barely BSL. :-(

I've had these mini twists for two weeks now. I cowash every other day or just rinse it just to have water touch. I'm debating whether to take them out, wash and DC or just wash and DC still in twists. I love these things!

Wow, we are at the halfway marker! Only three more month to go! Yea Team! I third the reveal butterflies. Lol, since I am in the no heat challenge, I am not confident in my length checks.

I used flexi rods on my hair last night...

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Last edited:
JJamiah I can't seem to keep the scissors out of my hands this year. As of today I have cut 2inches off just because my ends felt a little off. So now I am 1/2inch shorter than how I brought in the new year. I ask my hubby to help me by hiding my scissors and not telling me where he put them. He refused saying he won't be having me get attitude with him LMBO.

:giggle: winona well I cut it twice since the beginning of the year 4 inches with the last and maybe 2 inches with the first, it is SHORT, compared to my other pics SHrugs! oh well :) I am okay with it LOL

Actually I am enjoying these curlformers for real :woohoo:

7 weeks in my install, ordered my kinky curly hair this week! I'm super excited about my next look. Here is my hairline growth.

image-2138381026.jpg

I'm holding the braid.

I need to wash my hair, but some of my twists are already on the verge of sliding out. I don't know what to do.

If I take them down before my wash, I flush $150+ down the drain for an 18 day hair style. If I wash my hair with the twists I risk losing a bunch in the process & I have no desire to re-install slipped twists; I'm also worried about the weight of the extensions on my hair when wet.

I think I'll try my no-rinse shampoo before I make a final decision either way, but my scalp is in dire need of cleansing !!!

You ladies talking about ends and trimming - well my hair is still uneven. I went to get it evened up today but the stylist put the duck on me and never showed up for my appointment. I still need to find someone reliable and trustworthy to even it off for me. I'll keep trying.

I committed myself to wearing my hair "up" for an indefinite amount of time and I've found that it's easier than I thought. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow of wearing my hair up and I'm excited to see that I can almost get my twists into a cinnabun. It's fun finally being able to use some of my hair toys (sticks, forks, Ficcare, etc). It keeps the boredom at bay.

Still hiding my hair with updos. Kinda fell off the scarving for now, but love the new shapes I make with my hair. HHG ladies!

when i get home from school i will be washing and conditioning my install & probably put my flexi rods back in over night

Back