2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

I believe twistouts and braidouts are ok :look: If not, I broken the rules EVERYDAY!:lachen:

Braid outs/twists outs are definetly okay. They aren't showing your true length. Also wash n gos, puffs, twists, braids, wigs, weaves, ponytails, and buns are acceptable PS options :yep:

Hey ladies checking in, I'm taking a few days off from my wigs. May not go back to them until the fall so I'm bunning right now. I think during the summer I will baggie under a phony pony.

I have fallen in love with wearing two twist, it is so quick and easy. We are almost half way there. June will be here in no time.

NikkiQ said:
Braid outs/twists outs are definetly okay. They aren't showing your true length. Also wash n gos, puffs, twists, braids, wigs, weaves, ponytails, and buns are acceptable PS options :yep:

Sweet!!!!!!!

updating to say...i trimmed my hair last week :( i was having nightmares about my hair and finally decided to do it.keep in mind i havent done a trim in over a year :look: so not only did i trim but i sectioned my hair and did a search and destroy.two hrs later my strands felt amazing! Now my hair is in a self installed weave.hopefully keep it in till mid april

Played with my hair all night since I'm gonna have it braided up until (hopefully) the middle of April. Gonna wash and blowdry in the morning an then head to the shop.

3 more months ladies....3 more months. Sigh....

I need to trim as well. The right side of my hair has splits & is breaking.

3 months left.....Lol

I'm trying to stay hidden but its getting harder. I'm missing my hair. *tear*

Well I'm all prepped to start the kinky twists install :yawn:. I'm hoping I have the technique down well enough to stretch this set to June/July :look:. Of course I will be touching up edges, perimeter as necessary.

It's gonna be a long weekend :rolleyes:, but the payoff is worth it :yep:

My install of the kinkies went well :yay:! Got them in with ease, and faster than anticipated. I did about 1.5 hrs on Friday, that did about 1/4 of my head. Started about 9:30am Sat and finished by 7:30 pm. Of course off& on, some breaks in between (the longest being an hour).

Very pleased. Hoping to keep these in til June/July, with touch ups in between. Gonna do all I can to maximize my growth potential :yep:

I'm off to get my hair cornrowed to wear under my wigs. I'm going to try to keep these in for 2 weeks at a time. I plan to wash and DC weekly, co-wash as needed, and moisturize and seal daily.

Last edited:
I took out the Senegalese twists on the 10th & have been bunning since then; today I'm rockin a puff. I need to do something to my hair, but I have no idea what I want to do. I wish I would have gotten a sew in instead of those twists that didn't last.

My install will only last 6 weeks because I forgot I had to take graduation pictures early on so I can plan a party and have pictures in my invites. So I will take my hair down on Thursday and get it re-installed on Friday morning and take pictures Friday night.

Hey ladies...checking in. Right now I have my hair in a cornrow updo. I really want to get some kinky twists for a month, but I might just have to do it myself. :( I got tired of my old wigs. I want to make a kinky curly wig...just need the funds to buy the hair...

Hola Chicas!

I've been MIA but still hiding. I think for the past month I've been doing wash n' gos and curly puffs. The only downside to that is detangling. Sheesh! Other than that, I have nothing new or exciting to report. T_T

Hope you're all doing well!

^take pics of whatever you decide to do

I'm still bunning. I'm thinking of trying twists again, but, then i remember how long it took and i never even finished. Also i can't figure out how to do the front of my hair in twists

so i wore my hair in a faux bob last week
d00ba5cc69ff__1332597174000-1.jpg

If I could have a wig like that, it would be perfect. But I haven't masted the art of wearing wigs yet and i already have 5 :( but yes this cut would be perfect (i think don't know if it suits me. Do ya'll think it would suit me?)
Park+Soo+Jin.jpg

Back