2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

This is my hair with the weave added for graduation

g044-1-1.jpg

i'm still rocking these braids determined to make it to june! i never rebraid my front so yeah...ng outta control

Pictures of the sew-on I plan on using to finish out this challenge.

Before reversion totally set in & I had to go get it closed up :nono::

20120508194036.jpg

20120508194024.jpg

20120508193920.jpg

20120508193930.jpg

20120508193951.jpg

After it was closed:

20120515141904.jpg

20120515141955.jpg

I'll have to come back with pictures of it closed & styled; I wish I'd taken pics of how it looked before I got antsy & cut in bangs lol !!

On a short break from school and I've been going castor oil crazy. I skipped wash day last week and surprisingly my hair feels awesome. I'm going to keep this up and do biweekly shampooing instead of weekly. I've been in buns this week so my ends are still in hiding. I plan to braid all my hair up in a beehive when I purchase my new lace wig next month. I can't wait!!

I was just thinking it feels like forever since I flat ironed. I know we have passes to wear our true length, but mines not impressive anyway so why bother. I can wait till reveal time.

HI ladies!! checking in. I'll be in my Onyc kinky curly weave 5 weeks on Monday. Hair still looks great but its shifted back in the front as my hair grows. My weave stylist don't visit again until July soooo we'll see how this hangs.

I have been wearing a sew in for about two weeks. So far so good. I did have to actually cut about and inch and a half about three weeks ago (haven't done this in over a year). June 30th here I come!

image-3152161391.jpg

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

Can't wait to flat iron and trim these ends for a final reveal. Come on June!! My last hair challenge because I'm going InSaNe! LOL

A bun I did on the fly. 46 wks post relaxer. The ends are relaxed but the way this braidout bun came out, you can't tell, which I LOVE! I basically had co washed, airdried (scarfed) overnight in 4 plaits and then, after pinning the front back the two (yep, that was it) claw clips, I tucked the back under with two bobby pins. My hair was just so tightly wound from airdrying, it stayed put!
picture.php

I cheated a little today. I co-washed my hair and while still under the shower my mom took a pic of it while stretched and uhmmmmmm I think I wanna post it in here to show an update but I don't wanna get cursed out for not hiding my hair until June. :nono:

But in all actuality it's only 5 more days. LOL :drunk:

Sigh...ok I'll wait. :look:

I've been out of wigs for sometime now and I've been wearing wash n gos / twist outs but the sun has been drying my hair completely out so I'm going to keep my hair in twists, baggy with castor oil, and wear wigs when I go out (avoiding daylight whenever possible) until the reveal. Can't wait to straighten my hair next month :yay:

Here's my reveal. I'll do another one on relaxed hair at the end of June with everyone else. I am 12 weeks post relaxer in this pic.
First pic is December. Second pic is a few days ago.
You can use the tip of my tattoo as a good measurement tool. :grin:

Attachments

• 120311164258.jpg
    120311164258.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 66
  • May 2012 wl.jpg
    May 2012 wl.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 60
Here's my reveal. I'll do another one on relaxed hair at the end of June with everyone else. I am 12 weeks post relaxer in this pic.
First pic is December. Second pic is a few days ago.
You can use the tip of my tattoo as a good measurement tool. :grin:

pre_medicalrulz You did an awesome job retaining, no wonder why you were excited to share!!! I would be too if I made that much progress. Congrats :grin:

Well this is the last days of this challenge! As u'll know I BC in April and wore a weave right after. I took my weave out and wore my hair out one day to attend a graduation. I twisted it the night before and this is the outcome. Shrinkage is a beast but that's what I love most about being natural!!

image-3098156680.jpg

Attachments

• image-100006148.jpg
    image-100006148.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA for a minute. A lot has happened in my life, and my hair just hasn't been much of a priority for me. I'm so glad to see that many of you have been sticking with the challenge, and are progressing well. :-)

As for me, I think after this challenge, I'm going to pass the batton on to someone else to pick up the next challenge. I will be back in time to post the reveal thread towards the end of the month.

Wishing you all the best!!!

Ms_CoCo37 :) :bighug: thanks for running this challenge as long as you did. :)

I personally am not joining the next challenge even though I will be hiding for most. I plan to wear it straight for a week or two :giggle:
we all know how my plans fail. I haven't wore it straight in a minute or out :nono:
Curlformers don't count LOL

HUH, HOpe all is well with you. In Maya's Words I so dearly hold on too "And this too shall pass" I promise it will.

Back