2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Okay, so even tho I called myself saving money I brought a half wig, then brought 8 ounces of SS hair weave & will be getting it put in right now pictures will be posted later.

Finally got my weave install 2 ouches of 18 inch Senghori Shells

IMAG1615-1.jpg

IMAG1659-1.jpg

Had an allergic reaction to the lace on my first lacefront wig; my forehead & temples are no longer burning, but I'm still rocking the rash that was left behind. SMH ! I only had the thing on for fifteen minutes as I was trying to see if I liked it. :nono:

I bought 2 more wigs; one kinky straight looking one & another with flipped ends. Neither are tickling my fancy. My cornrows are too big underneath though, maybe making them smaller will make the wigs lay flatter & improve the way they lay.

I'm definitely getting braids for my vacation !!!!!

Hey Ladies!

For some reason, I haven't been on the board much for the past couple of weeks. I'm still working the challenge though. Today, I'm sporting a curly puff. I've been sooooo incredibly lazy.

got my hair braided up over the weekend and i have been rockin my short wig. so far, so good. i hate that when she was braiding my hair pieces of my hair was breaking off.

blowdried my hair in an attempt to combat my ssks. Still bunning.
I don't know, however, it it would be more beneficial to just keep bunning on wet curly hair than blowdry ever other week. . .
Guess I'll just have to see what works best for my hair.
If i get to the end of this challenge with no new length. . . . .
*NaturalBeauty<3 rolls up sleeves*

@JJamiah your hair looks FAB in your siggy.
@divinenapps1978 sorry to hear about the lace front reaction. I try to use wigs with bangs so the wig doesn't sit on my egdes.
I am still hanging in there with my cornrows. I plan on taking them out sometime in March and still don't plan on weaing it out. I am planning on wearing twist under a wig.
ETA: I'm currently steaming with AOWC mixed with WGO.
I out AVG on my hair and scalp before washing and it felt so good!

Last edited:
Just ordered the unstyled soft yaki bangs from platinumwigs.com, fingers crossed that I don't get screwed. If I love it I'll start making 2 and 3 weeks between washes which means no manipulation! I will share pictures if I love it.

Checking in. In my twist still, ready to snatch them out! Debating on if I want to get a wig, as an interim style.

I will be taking this set out at the end of the month. This hair is too soft, so some of twists are sliding out. So I keep them bunned so we don't have any "who's hair is this on the floor?" incidents.

Went back to curly & bunning. I'm hoping more oil on the ends will keep the ssks away.

Its almost March, Guys. This challenge will be over before we know it.

Just checking in: Im still hiding my hair nicely. I notice though, that my edges seem to be breaking off due to wearing those half wigs. Head bands and blending seem to be taking it toll on my edges; HELP! I need some ideas.

Golden75 said:
Checking in. In my twist still, ready to snatch them out! Debating on if I want to get a wig, as an interim style.

I will be taking this set out at the end of the month. This hair is too soft, so some of twists are sliding out. So I keep them bunned so we don't have any "who's hair is this on the floor?" incidents.

I used to hate those incidents in high school. Didn't help I was the only black girl in my grade ...:look:

Have my weekend curl former set in. It is day 3(put them in on thursday) and it is definitely going strong:) I will start bunning again on Tuesday:) I am too excited to get a 1/2inch trim with my crea clip the 1st week in March:)

I put some twists in last night. I can definitely tell there has been growth since my last set of twists in November (I think). I can clip it up with only the edges still too short. I'm getting really close to having hair enough to twist it and forget it.

Hey ladies! I haven't been in here in a while. I've been bunning mostly. I just put some semi mini twists in today that should stay for 2-3 weeks. I pulled the longest section of my nape today it's less than .5 away from APL! Which is my next goal so I'm pumped about that.

I think I may but some Bobraz in my hair next. I did that last year and loved it. Anybody in here use that recently? I'm gonna get 20" this time. Last time I did 14 and 12. I'm 6ft tall so I figure I can handle the extra length. :)

I received my wig from Platinum Wigs and its nice. Sheds like no tomorrow but its nice. Doesn't hold a curl even with holding spray, but its nice...:perplexed

Well my hair is protected...

Attachments

• moi.jpg
    moi.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 21
I'm still doing well challenge. I need to kick up my DCing though. Right now I'm in twists under a scarf (wigging it) and so far so good. :yep:

Got sick of my wigs (ready for a remy kinky curly wig) so I have my hair in twists. Thinking about doing some yarn locs soon.

just got some expensive arse yarn braids and i will be rocking these until the middle of may if it kills me i will get my monies worth

Hi,
I'm checking in. I took out my kinky twists. I only had them in for 5 weeks. I've been wearing wigs the last two weeks. I will be getting a full sew in weave in the near future.

Last edited:
Back