2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

So I guess I didn't update. Finsihed my KT install on Tuesday. I like the hair but I used it wrong. I think this is supposed to be for spring twists. The hair was old so a bit fuzzy at the ends, so I don't think would've came out well, I have more so I'll test it out on the next go round.

Now the issue is, I started with a twist instead of a braid, so I am a bit worried about washing. May have to get creative :think:. Hoping I can keep these in at least 4 weeks, but want to push for 6 - 8.

I also dusted each section before twisting.

Bought a phony pony that I will pull out this week. I'm too lazy to color my hair to put my wigs on. I have several that I bought last winter and haven't touched. I'll get back to wigging it eventually

Bought a phony pony that I will pull out this week. I'm too lazy to color my hair to put my wigs on. I have several that I bought last winter and haven't touched. I'll get back to wigging it eventually

I really :love: your hair Ms. Tiki.

I am still wigging it out as my HYH style. The weave I had in December ruined my hair, so no more weaves for me:nono:.

I'll be sticking with wigs - they're safer and indeed makes it easy for me to take great care of my hair underneath:yep:.

I'm so happy about my progress in this challenge, I've maintained my ends for almost two months! I upped my protein thru the use of egg yolk and keeping my ends moist of course.
Usually by a month I have to trim split ends.

Aggie said:
I really :love: your hair Ms. Tiki.

I am still wigging it out as my HYH style. The weave I had in December ruined my hair, so no more weaves for me:nono:.

I'll be sticking with wigs - they're safer and indeed makes it easy for me to take great care of my hair underneath:yep:.

Aggie you are scaring me. How did the weave ruin your hair?

I re-tried single two strand twists last night after my huge FAIL last year (it was horrible, really)...and I must admit, I'm very proud of myself! I'm even sporting the hairstyle I got off of youtube today with a lot of compliments from the co-workers :yep::grin: Woot!

Still hiding in buns. I need to revisit my wigs. Tried to wear them last year and folks at work just had to run their mouths and it gave me a complex. They've been shelved every since.

@Aggie you are scaring me. How did the weave ruin your hair?

Sorry about that ojemba. I can't successfully take care of my hair underneath the weave and so my hair ends up all looking chewed up - to me anyway. T

o make matters worse, the sylist that removed it cut chunks of my naturakl hair off my head. I was so angry with her and to calm myself down I thought, you know, it's just hair, just cut it all off and start all over again. Hence the short hair in my siggy again.

I guess I should check in every now and then, huh?
Its my first REAL challenge tho guys. Don't stone me. :look:
I'm just bunning & cowashing. The occasional mayo/egg protein treat. No passes used. I'm going to try and not use heat until the end of the challenge. I'm HOPING for 3 inches. We'll see tho, right?

This is my first challenge too! (along w/ the GHE) I was wearing Freetress Tori but got sick of it and switched back to my Sensationnel HZ7009. I really want a remy kinky curly half wig though. We'll see...

I need something new to keep my ends more moisturized. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been spritzing my hair with aloe vera juice, then applying the shea moisture coconut & hibiscus hair milk over that; if I'm feeling like performing an extra step I seal with castor or sunflower oil.

Over the last few weeks I've been wearing puffs, buns (with & without hair added) and phony ponytails. I was planning to get box braids installed before my vacation, but I just bought two wigs; one is my very first lace front !! Now I dunno if I should wig it through the rest of the month or stick with getting braids.

Decisions, decisions...

Still hiding in buns. I need to revisit my wigs. Tried to wear them last year and folks at work just had to run their mouths and it gave me a complex. They've been shelved every since.

divachyk forget your co-workers. Do you boo. If they not talking about you then you are doing something wrong. They laughed at me in Afghanistan when I thru on a wig because my box braids where starting to look raggedly. Now one of the caucasian female officers asked me where did I get my wigs from. She wants to wear one too. So don't let that stop you. Get your wig on girl.

Hello Ladies,

I have been in this CurlFormer Pony Tail since Monday and wore my set for a few days :)
Today I am taking it down and washing it. I haven't combed it in a week :perplexed LOL
So yeah, detangling is a mug. I'd braid it up and wig it up but I am seeing an old friend and want to have my hair all my hair out. I also want to get a cut today and tomorrow. I know I said I wouldn't but April will be a year since I got a real Deep cut and a little cut won't hurt. :grin:

@divachyk forget your co-workers. Do you boo. If they not talking about you then you are doing something wrong. They laughed at me in Afghanistan when I thru on a wig because my box braids where starting to look raggedly. Now one of the caucasian female officers asked me where did I get my wigs from. She wants to wear one too. So don't let that stop you. Get your wig on girl.

I'm familiar with the military/civilian life. It's nothing for military women to wear wigs, hair pieces, etc but somehow the workplace holds civilians to a different standard. Crazy. @GIJane

Hello Ladies,

I have been in this CurlFormer Pony Tail since Monday and wore my set for a few days :)
Today I am taking it down and washing it. I haven't combed it in a week :perplexed LOL
So yeah, detangling is a mug. I'd braid it up and wig it up but I am seeing an old friend and want to have my hair all my hair out. I also want to get a cut today and tomorrow. I know I said I wouldn't but April will be a year since I got a real Deep cut and a little cut won't hurt. :grin:

Pretty @JJamiah

Whoo boy, been awhile since I checked in.

I switched to the Bori wig, and I love her! She's about the length I am now if i straighten. Celie braids underneath... I did them a lot neater this week. They might last through a wash! That would be a game changer!

I figure about another half inch of growth and I can do cornrows myself! These Celies are starting to feel lumpy under my wig, and it's only going to get worse as my hair grows.

JJamiah Girl!! your siggy pic rocks. LOVE the waves.

Hello Ladies,

3 weeks in my weave and it has stopped itching. I cowashed it last weekend and air dried. I'm really loving it now and ppl keep asking me if it's my hair. So now I have to sit back and wait 9 more weeks until it's time to take it down and reinstall a new look. I'm looking at getting onyc kinky hair for my next install. I also want to get a wig from bestlacewigs.com. As you can already see I'm planning on hiding for this whole transition. loll.

Attachments

• image-331195345.jpg
    image-331195345.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 19
Aggie I would be soooo pissed if a stylist did that to me. They should know better. Your hair looks lovely regardless. I hope when I BC I have just as lovely curls.

Sorry about that @ojemba. I can't successfully take care of my hair underneath the weave and so my hair ends up all looking chewed up - to me anyway. T

o make matters worse, the sylist that removed it cut chunks of my naturakl hair off my head. I was so angry with her and to calm myself down I thought, you know, it's just hair, just cut it all off and start all over again. Hence the short hair in my siggy again.

Back