2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Ms_CoCo37 -I was supposed to make a fake mudwash, months ago. Pure laziness. But this was a nice reminder to atleast do betonite clay this weekend.

Going to install kinky twist, over the weekend. I'm on vacation next week, so no rush to get them done. Would like to try making them a bit smaller, so it may take longer. Also I need to check the brand of JBCO the bss is selling.

I am cornrowed under a wig , wanted to go six weeks, but seriously thinking of doing it over this weekend, I am on week #4, this is the 1st time I have been cornrowed for this long, since I have been natural, hoping not to find a lot of shedding, :nono:, my hair tends to grow fast when it is tucked away, so we shall see

I've pretty much been bunning since the challenge started; I've found that I'm bored with protective styling as my SL/APL hair really isn't long enough to do anything of MY liking...hence the reason I want long hair lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

Golden75, I'm such a lazy slug...I still haven't made my mud wash yet. I pretty much have everything I need for the Lavender mud wash. The recipe called for:

Lavender Flowers
Rose Petals
Hibiscus Leaves
Linden Leaf Flower
Honey
Bentonite Clay (the recipe actually calls for Rhassoul Clay, but I already had Bentonite on hand, so I may as well use it)
Lavender EO
Olive Oil
Bergamot EO
Aloe Vera Juice

I'm going to get off my lazy butt and get'er done (country slang)...maybe tonight after I cook dinner. I don't know...DD is demanding chicken fettuccine alfredo...little brat.:look:

Anywho, if you're interested in the recipe, here is a link to Roots4U45's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDNY2FEiuDc&list=LLyQ49U63b6dQ8lRq-Ranceg&index=29&feature=plpp_video

She is so awesome! I have several other mud washes that I want to try based on her tutorials. I want to do the lemon and the peppermint washes.:lick: I'm missing a few ingredients for those two, but as soon as I have them, I'll be trying it.:yep:

I am still hiding my hair with my wig "Singer" by Zury. I am really loving this wig because people can't tell if it's my own or not. I like that!

I am cornrowed under a wig , wanted to go six weeks, but seriously thinking of doing it over this weekend, I am on week #4, this is the 1st time I have been cornrowed for this long, since I have been natural, hoping not to find a lot of shedding, :nono:, my hair tends to grow fast when it is tucked away, so we shall see

tryingto, my hair grows a lot faster and healthier this way also. I think I will revisit this effort next month but I will only keep the cornrows in only 4 weeks at a time - no more. I need to deep condition at least once a month. Longer than that causes breakage issues for me and I could do without those:nono:.

Imoan, no ma'am it's not too late. :-) Just thank the first or third post and I will add your name to the list. Also, don't forget to click on the starting pix link (in the first post) and add your starting pic.

Checking in...I am loving this challenge! I cant stop wig shopping! There are just soooo many beautiful ones out there. I am new to wearing wigs and after wearing my half wig almost everyday, I will be happily wearing one until about April or May and then My daughter will be giving me my first sew-in to finish out the challenge with. Im hoping that I will see lots of new growth because I am doing this challenge along with the castor oil challenge.
I did have to color my hair so I got it flat ironed and wearing it out this week. This is my 1st pass. I'd probably will wear it out again before I get my sew-in in April or May.

Im still hiding my hair under tammy with bantu knots under... very very low maintence. So does anyone know of a halfwig like tammy, that doesnt shed as much?

This isn't much of a challenge for me since I'm not going to straighten hair anytime soon. I shingled my hair last night instead of my normal twistout. I like how shrunken it gets when I shingle it.

Ready to bust out a new wig again. This halfie seems to be getting bigger and bigger everyday and not in a good way. It looks fine, but I have to battle with it when I eat. No bueno :nono: Time for a straight LF for a while.

hiding my hair.. I was using box braids under the wig but im changing to french braids under my wig while i nurse my hair to recovery.. still hopeful that i will make it to APL mid this year.

I'm sporting the cutest twistout today. I did six large twists using water, my shea butter/oil mix, and my lavender flaxseed gel. What a winning combo! Definitely going to be using this method again.:yep

Still wigging it. I have a few more of my signature wigs just not in the color I wanted. He purchased # 2 instead of 1B. I wonder if I can spray it black???..Hmmm its synthetic fiber hair. I guess I can try. I'm in tghe process of shaping it. Go figure he purchased two wigs at that since I love the style.

Ms_CoCo37 said:
I'm sporting the cutest twistout today. I did six large twists using water, my shea butter/oil mix, and my lavender flaxseed gel. What a winning combo! Definitely going to be using this method again.:yep

Ummmm...pictures woman!!!

Sent by me being lazy on the couch on my Android

Still in cornrows (no extensions). Been 4weeks now. I wash and redo them one at a time every week. I spray with African Pride braid spray and moisture my ends with silken child moisturizer cream and argan oil. I'm 6 weeks post relaxer and I'm getting good new growth. So far so good!

So....I bought 3 new wigs today from the bss that were on my wishlist. I bought Bobbi Boss "Otto" (love this one); will be going back to purchase the short "Otto" wig as well. I also bought 2 new short Vanessa wigs. I can't wait to get out of these kinky twists.

Here's what I look like today
3-3.jpg

2-6.jpg

1-2.jpg

Back