2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

brg240 I'm from Chesapeake! Anywho, for the health of your hair I say keep those end tucked away. I know it gets cold at home. When my hair was short I would try to wrap the short parts that stuck out around my ponytail and hide it with a scrunchie. That way my ends were protected and you couldn't tell that I had short pieces. Have you checked youtube for protective styles for short hair?

oh hey former neighbor :wave: I guess, it would be a little thin looking anyway. Oh well. And no i haven't the majority of my hair is pretty long so i've never bothered but maybe i should.

Still bunning, finally washed my hair but i used different products and my hair kind of looks dull imo. :/ I love my curls, i wish that i could leave them unmanipulated but then that would be a tangled mess :(

Ladies that bun does the front of your hair break off? I am trying to figure out what is causing the very front of my hair (along my hairline) to break off. I don't know if it's the face products that i use, if my buns are too tight, or if it's just a different type of hair but it keeps getting dry and snapping :cry: It's really frustrating.

LaFemmeNaturelle If it's supposed to be cold where you are i'd wear a wig, if not I'd wear a low bun.

Ok, two things...well 3...

#1- I'm OBSESSED with my hair right now! It's getting long and I LOVE IT!
#2- My hair obsession makes me want to flat iron it and leave it out for all the world to see. :(
#3- I found 4 split ends today and it's freakin me out
#4- (I know I said 3) I used one of my heat passes last weekend.

I used Chicoro's moisture-drenched prepoo today:lick::love:. I Clarifyed with Avalon Organics Rosemary, Mint and Tea Tree Shampoo then I washed and deep conditioned my hair today using Moroccanoil products. My hair feels awesome right now, and by awesome, I mean soft, silky and strong. You can't get any better than that.

Back to my wigs after I wash this DC out of my hair:yep:.

i am putting in mini twists. Idk why i am like 1/26th done so far :/ I was trying to practice french braiding and i got frustrated and decided to see if i could do a twist.

Checking in; I washed my kinky twists today and dc for 30 minutes under my new Babybliss Pro ion hood dryer on cool setting. Man, my scalp is happy!:yep:

Currently I'm rocking my very first quick weave; the install wasn't too hard, but I used so much of the liquid cap product to make sure no glue touched my hair that I have white residue at some spots around my edges...lol. Oh well :drunk:

I'll be installing my kinky twists, next week. Right now I'm in small twists with my natural hair. I washed yesterday, and ughhhh! It just shrank up to nothing!:lol: & some came undone. I may need to remove so I don't get matting at the roots:nono:

got my hair pinned up in the back. i need to learn how to do pin curls well, so i can wear my bonnet at night. i want a bonnet that doesn't mash my hair.

I'm hiding behind two strand twists today. They're not very neat, so I've been stuffing them under a hat when I go out. It's been so wet and dreary here lately, that I just don't feel like doing anything. T_T

Celies are a little over a week old now. Seeing if I can hold off until Saturday to wash, DC and re-braid them. They'll be 2 weeks old by then. They're a fuzzy mess, but who cares? No one sees them anyway. Not even my hubba bubba :lol:

I got 2 goddess braids under my swig cap and wig right now:) For spring break I am going to take my time and install kinky twists, or crochet spring twists (I don't think they are long enough to install them like kinky twists) or Senegalese twists. I want some twists in my life LMBO:)

Couldn't wait any longer I took my weave down. I haven't done a length check so I will be getting my hair done Thursday. Sucks tho cause its raining in California!

Its still me and my Kimora wig! I took my cornrows out but my braider can't redo them until next week so right now I just have some wig underneath my cap. I might take this week and just rock my hair tho... Idk Im lazy! lol

Seamonster :lol: what is a prison bun?

I am like 1/4 done with my mini twists, i'm not sure if i'm doing this right:ohwell:

So I don't know how it will turn out but however it turns out i'll be leaving them in for 2 weeks. Hopefully they don't mat :pray: I've never worn twists before.

edit: just watched how to do mini twist vids, oops did some things wrong. oh well hopefully my hair doesn't break off. I'm not sure how i'm supposed to make my twists tight. :( oh well

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I got my sew-in on Friday and I love the hair, the look but OMG the itching is driving my nuts. I woke up last night with a rat tail comb to my scalp. Its a little difficult to to get to the top area because she used a net. When i woke up this morning I put some shampoo in an applicator bottle and applied to my scalp. I rinsed it out and put some con on the weave and rinsed. I'm still itching. I really want to keep this weave in for 3 months but I'm looking lill crazy hitting my head all the time.

Can someone recommend something to help with itching while in braids/weave? I used my sulfur spray but that's not giving me much relief either.

ojemba, that's one of the main reasons I have a problem wearing weaves, tree braids, crochet braids, and full wigs. :nono: I need to be able to get to my scalp.

Have you tried oiling your scalp? If not, try mixing tea tree essential oil with a little bit of castor or olive oil in an applicator bottle and use that a couple of times a week.

Tea Tree oil is good for a lot of things, including dry, itchy, flaky scalps.:yep:

Today, I'm sporting a baggy, covered by a knitted cap. Underneath, I have 6 large twists, with two flat twists in the front. We'll be going out this evening, so I'll likely do a twistout in the back and leave the front flat twists.

I really need to get off my lazy duff and make that homemade mudwash so I can install mini twists.

Ms_CoCo37 Thanks Doll, I just read that tea tree oil helps, so I'm glad you also recommend it. I'll be trying it TODAY!!!

@ojemba, that's one of the main reasons I have a problem wearing weaves, tree braids, crochet braids, and full wigs. :nono: I need to be able to get to my scalp.

Have you tried oiling your scalp? If not, try mixing tea tree essential oil with a little bit of castor or olive oil in an applicator bottle and use that a couple of times a week.

Tea Tree oil is good for a lot of things, including dry, itchy, flaky scalps.:yep:

Curlykutie, no it's not to late to join. Just thank the first or third post and I'll add you name to the list. Also click on the starting pix link in the first post to add your pic to the starting pix thread.

brg240 a prison cornrow bun is when one places 8 to 10 large cornrows in the hair going back then places the length into a bun. It is a popular hairstyle in prison, thus the nickname.

Back