2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Ms. Tiki

Duly noted, i'll do that. Or i'll try at least. I live in southern VA/hampton roads area.

another question if i leave part of my hair out but hide the rest is that okay. Like a faux bun I just trimmed a chunk of my hair that was already much shorter then the entire length. So now i'm thinking maybe with the shorter layer i can just wear out. (and by much shorter i think it's like 8" in between :/ )

brg240 I'm from Chesapeake! Anywho, for the health of your hair I say keep those end tucked away. I know it gets cold at home. When my hair was short I would try to wrap the short parts that stuck out around my ponytail and hide it with a scrunchie. That way my ends were protected and you couldn't tell that I had short pieces. Have you checked youtube for protective styles for short hair?

So I got tired of tammy and am currently wearing morning glory (in my siggy). Think I will alternate between the two of these until they wear out. Then I'll move on to creta girl and this other one I need to get rid of.

i am still here...hiding under my half wig, runway girl

@DivineNapps1728 and anyone else having issues with itchy scalp while in braids....you should soak your synthetic hair in tub of water with distilled vinegar to remove alkaline before braiding your hair: Crown&Glory Method my hair always itches if i skip this step prior to braiding, no matter how well i deep condition my hair....

I decided to wear twists all year :look:

Mini twists, maybe once this year, but only for a month.

My hair has been loving the weekly moisture I have been giving it.

Morning ladies,

I took out my extension braids last week and re-twist each plait, I wore my hair with the twist for 3 days. I took the time home yesterday to get a good wash and cond. My hair was soooo dirty. I'm really not enjoying my wash days. I had tons of shedding at each step. I did a aphogee 2min protein and black tea rinse before i deep con. My relaxed hair is soft buy my ng is so course and thick.

I wore it pinned up in a clip today, I just dont' feel like bothering with it.

I'm getting big cornrows with extensions this friday, two weeks latter I'm getting my weave (THANK GOD!!!!). Weave will be staying in for 3 months.

I see ladies transitioning with braid outs and twist out. NO NO NO not me I must have my hair hidden.

Took out my kinky twists on Thurs night/Friday morning. Did small twist on my hair, hiding under cute hats until then end of the month, then will re-install kinky twist.

One week down and about six/seven more weeks to go before taking down these kinky twists. Patiently waiting :rolleyes: (yeah right!)

I have kinky twists in my hair until end of February. I'll take a week rest and braid it up again for another 6 - 8 weeks.

Week two of my weave install and I'm getting lots of comments from people who thought it was my hair straightened. They're so used to me in some shrunken style that they believed it was my hair. It does blend really well, but this hair is going in the garbage in 8 weeks. The tangles and shedding are not the business.

On the positive side, I can definitely more accurately judge my growth.

I twisted my hair Monday night. Will keep these in until the end of the month, and then will install kinky twist. Keeping my hair hidden under my hats.

Really happy with my growth since my BC in July. I remember when I couldn't even get a twist to form, let alone hold.

i cowashed, airdried my hair last night, and i put it in a big flat braid (french) in the back. i twisted the end of the braid into a mini bun and pinned it down. this will be my style until the end of the week. i am just going to spray it with some oil instead of taking it down and putting it back up. i might do this again on a roller set. this way i don't have to keep manipulating my hair.

Morning Ladies! I'm faithfully bunning this week. As soon as I received the rest of my EOs I'm going to attempt to make my own mud wash. I hope I like it. T_T

Finally got around to washing my hair. Prepoo with oils, washed w/ giovanni tea tree shampoo. Now steaming with AOWC mixed with JBCO & WGO.
My scalp and hair are happy. :-)

Got my weave today. Used Bobbi boss natural yaky. I LOVE it so far. Just a lill of my own hair is left out on top.
a6937e1f-b9fe-48eb.jpg

I finished my mini twists on Tuesday night and made them smaller than before...I don't know what I was thinking! They already take 6h usually and this time they took 8h+ :whyme: I need to figure out how to do regular twists and not have tons of scalp showing bc I can't bear putting in this much time again...ideas ladies? I don't know how many more mini twists installs I have left in me :blush::lol:

Since I'm back in school full time, this is the easiest challenge ever! I'm just waiting until my shortest part (crown & front) reaches APL. Hopefully this will happen at the end of this challenge. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what I want to do next week. I want to wear Morning Glory for another week but I feel like I should move my bun. IT's been in a mid-level bun for a week as I wore Morning Glory. Maybe I should switch to a low bun and wear a different wig? What do you ladies think? Is 2 weeks too long to be in the same position?

Back