2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

I'm kinda new to this too... But if anything I might redo my crown in a month or so... I also tie my twists down with two scarves at night :)

I tie mine up at night too or slap on a bonnet. It's just that I get bored so easily && I miss my hair so I take down styles before I should.

After four weeks I'm pretty much over any style I'm rocking.

Well my kinky twist will be 6weeks old Monday. I redid the perimeter last week & it looks rough already. Think I may remove this weekend, since it's a long one for me & try a wig again for a couple weeks.

OK, hair boredom has set in bigtime!! Since I relaxed on 12/30, I got tired of wearing wigs. I made an impulse decision to get my very first install of kinky twists today. I really like them. It is a lot of hair, though.

Ladies, I need advice/tips about how to take care of these twists. The only thing the braiders told me was to tie down my hair at night with a silk scarf and wash my hair once a month!!! (that ain't happening). I'll probably wait 2 weeks before the first wash then wash every 2 weeks thereafter?? They also said to just use oil sheen and these can last up to 3 months. However, I've heard to not wear these for that long and to use some type of moisturizer on scalp/twists. I do have some African Pride Olive Miracle braid sheen spray and some Bee Mine Juice Daily Moisturizing Spritz. Is that suffice? I appreciate any tips/advice/encouragement. These twists need to stay in for a while; DH is tired of me spending money on my hair. :lol:

Last edited:
I've been so lazy for the past two days. I think I'm going to make a homemade mud wash tomorrow and do something with this big head of mine. T_T

I have such a major headache right now :(
I am so glad for Half wigs :)

I am so glad the stores give you 30 days to return. I have had things to return for over a week now :perplexed

JJamiah, you've had that headache for a couple of days now. Make sure you're getting enough rest. Hope you feel better soon!

I must say that today's flaxseed gel attempt was a success!:yay: I'm so over my straight hair, so I'm about to DC for a couple of hours. Then, I'll wash and stretch it out for a day or two. Once its stretched I think I'm going to install mini-twists...we'll see.:yawn:

JJamiah I hope you feel better, headaches are no joke.

So my wig hiatus (2 days)is going to be over tomorrow, ill be purchasing Tammy. Im hoping the fullness will disguise and lumps I may have from not having my hair cornrowed under her.

indarican @Ms_CoCo37 ---- I went to the ER last week, I am now on 3 meds. I suffered from a cystic rupture that makes me want to pierce my head with a pin to leak the pressure :(

The meds seem to give me a bigger headache. :( it's like if I don't take it, I am damned, If I do take it, I am damned. Grrrrr.

Thanks ladies, I am babbling trying to get my mind off of the pressure!

Oohhh I have Tammy Toooo! We are twin-z's LOL :giggle:

Last edited:
Just checking in, ladies. Finally got my kinky twists in this week and I am loving it!

The first picture is of my sister doing my hair, the other two are from afterwards. Forgive my faux melancholy in the last two photos. I was channeling my inner Top Model :lachen::lachen:

Your kinky twists turned out nice. How long did it take?

I have been hiding under my bonnet and hat for the last two weeks. I'm debating if I want to wear the same to school tonight or take my braids out and wear a bun to school. I'm too lazy to put my black rinse in the front to wear a wig. I will take care of that this weekend.

Up until twenty minutes ago, I was right there with you, hiding under my little black knit hat. I threw in a couple of twists and now it's in a bun. I'm just too darn lazy to do anything else.

i am still trying to find a regimen that works for me that takes very little time, detagling takes so long for me... i've just been bunning all week. need to wash hair but im thinking of getting a relaxer to maybe cut my detangling time... i will decide by the weekend
i want to do an aphogee two step treatment first though and maybe follow up every 6-8 wks as recommended

How do you detangle? I know my detangling process used to take me forever, before it finally dawned on me to detangle in sections with an oil infused DC. It's sooo much better now.:yep:

Just checking in, ladies. Finally got my kinky twists in this week and I am loving it!

The first picture is of my sister doing my hair, the other two are from afterwards. Forgive my faux melancholy in the last two photos. I was channeling my inner Top Model :lachen::lachen:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120110.JPG
    Snapshot_20120110.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Snapshot_20120111_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20120111_1.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Snapshot_20120111_3.JPG
    Snapshot_20120111_3.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 18
I have been hiding under my bonnet and hat for the last two weeks. I'm debating if I want to wear the same to school tonight or take my braids out and wear a bun to school. I'm too lazy to put my black rinse in the front to wear a wig. I will take care of that this weekend.

i am still trying to find a regimen that works for me that takes very little time, detagling takes so long for me... i've just been bunning all week. need to wash hair but im thinking of getting a relaxer to maybe cut my detangling time... i will decide by the weekend
i want to do an aphogee two step treatment first though and maybe follow up every 6-8 wks as recommended

Been seeing a lot of naturals rocking all kinds of hairstyles and was feeling left out so I wore my hair in a braid out yesterday. Had the best hair day ever! It was soft, had shine and movement. So I used one out of four passes already. My hair is back in braids since I plan to continue with both this and the wig challenge. Can't wait for summer so I can wear my hair out more.

Wore twists under wigs for the past almost 2 weeks. Washed, DC'd, detangled and put in my trust rusty Celies for another 2 weeks. I think I'm gonna stick with this routine.

Getting my hair ready to wig it for the next two weeks. I going to put some loose cornrows in to make it easy for me to co wash will in braids.

I think I'm going to use a pass the 1st of Feb. I'm looking at the pic in my siggy and realizing the camera on my iphone sucks. I'm going to take another using my EVO and change my siggy pic:ohwell:

Last edited:
So....I took out my Senegalese twists last night; I realized they were doing a number on my scalp & the itching/irritation/dandruff was driving me mad. The fact that my face & neck broke out in a rash after wearing them down for a day pushed me over the edge. :spinning:

I gotta remember to pre-wash/pre-treat my hair before I install it because sometimes the chemicals it's treated with causes me to have allergic reactions.

Now I gotta figure out what to do with my head...BOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have had issues with synthetic hair in the past too! It causes itchiness and dandruff :sad: It is not fun :nono: I am putting in mini twists right now and I want to scream :whyme::fistshake: I always feel like this putting them in, but I love them once they are done :look: I did two hours last night and only finished 25% of my hair! I think I made them smaller this time...

Back