2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

I bought another phony pony today and it is too cute:) I also threw my old phony pony on to get a new do without too much fuss:) I got so many compliments. I will do it again tomorrow and take pics.

Today's style is a single french braid. Nothing impressive or fanciful. T_T

Ohh how I wish I could do one of those!!! I have took much hair!! And I don't think its long enough to look nice!!

Wearing a pinned up protective style... IDK what to call it but I filed some videos in it... When I upload them I'll add a link so you all can see!

@manter26, Did you see the video on YT by colouredbeautiful?? Here is the link in case u didn't see it. She did fluff it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LCpeS_ErjU&list=UUN0lAVH8IYYlQCyfeQubFwA&feature=player_detailpage
There really aren't a lot of kinky curly wigs out there.

Thanks, I did see hers. I think I fast forwarded through most of the video instead of watching her scrape through it... :ohwell:

What about Drew by Beshe, La Apple and La Jay by Vanessa? All kinky curly and super cute.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

I'm looking for believable 4a spirals which is really hard to find. La Apple probably has the tightest curl pattern but I'm still torn. Motown Tress LGB-852 (if picked out) looks more like what I'm looking for but I can't find reviews on it.

New Born Free Demi Cap Plus Half Wig - 13018 Spring is cute for a type 3 wig so if I had to pick amongst those (la Jay, drew, etc...) I'd probably go with that.

Bun bun bun...That's what I've been doing. My blow dried straightness (what I managed to achieve) has slowly been reverting due to me spritzing my moisture spritz but that's ok. I've been trying to baggy the ends more. Aiming for at least 3 times a week.

Messed up my curly wig, now she's a "drop it like its hot in the house" wig.

Straight one looks good. Wearing it tomorrow to work.

Spent two hours cornrowing my hair. They are so loose... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the are flat to my scalp.

^^Yes ma'am I do. Hairsisters and Samsbeauty are my main wig sites. What kind is she looking for? I'll help you shop :yep:

@NikkiQ, she wants a APL length curly/wavy, honey blond/light brown number. Does that description make any sense?:look:

Makes total sense. Does she want spiral curls or more loose water waves?

What wig are you wearing in your AVI? I love her...

Thanks! That's a sew in that I had installed for a shoot. I wore the crap out of it for 2 months :lachen:

I forgot to mention that it's a full wig, not half. She doesn't want any hair out.

Full wig? Gotcha. I'll start searching.

NikkiQ, something similar to this:

ENCORE-NEW-DEEP_L.jpg

Are we supposed to post daily/weekly updates? I'm wearing my hair the same way everyday from now until spring - it is in a combination of Celie braids and two strand twists all covered with a scarf and beanie. There really isn't much for me to say beyond that.

:lol: Avaya, you can check in whenever you feel like it. Whether you want to show off a new do, need PS ideas, or just want to vent or shoot the breeze. :grin:

i am bunning this week. My hair is pulled back in two pigtails and each pig tail is separated in two braids and i've wound them around into a bun.

Next week will bring more bunning but i want to try a french braid. So one day i can do one of binosusume's awesome updos
images

This is so cute! I definitely need to learn more updo's as I cant wear my hair down for work.

i am bunning this week. My hair is pulled back in two pigtails and each pig tail is separated in two braids and i've wound them around into a bun.

Next week will bring more bunning but i want to try a french braid. So one day i can do one of binosusume's awesome updos
images

I'm in this challenge but dont post often...cause I dont have anything to say :ohwell: (I do now, hence this post :grin:). I've been wearing two strand flat twists religiously and zero heat since last July but I feel like my hair isnt growing :perplexed:...after I cowash (or DC) and apply my leave-ins, I twist my hair up when it is still wet..is that a no-no?

Last edited:
@tiredbeauty, not necessarily. I like to do my twists on wet hair on occasion. As a matter of fact, my natural hairstylist always used to twist my hair wet, and I didn't have any problems or setbacks with that method. Are you keep your ends moisturized, sealed, and hidden?

Last edited:
tiredbeauty, not necessarily. I like to do my twists on wet on hair on occasion. As a matter of fact, my natural hairstylist always used to twist my hair wet, and I didn't have any problems or setbacks with that method. Are you keep your ends moisturized, sealed, and hidden?

Thank you Ms_CoCo37 - I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, cause I really want to meet my hair goals this year.

Yep, I baggy every night and day (but that just started in Nov), so ends are hidden. I keep my hair in flat twists 3 and 4 days at a time (cowash on Wed and DC Fri into Sat) other than that my hair stays in twists. Before I started my Winter regimen, I wore twist outs daily and I do still get breakage, it isnt a whole lot though but I do shed quite a bit...but it could be because I dont touch my hair until wash day (now) and I have been drinking Spirulina and Chlorophyll (since Nov)...

Ok, but let me confess though...I'm concerned my hair isn't growing cause my hair is very manageable! I haven't texlaxed since July and I am not having a problem with my hair...at all! I was going to texlax again in Feb (my one year) but I think I may just go until the end of this challenge and I have thick hair (or so I've been told) and I believe its type 4...don't know whats going on, I've been expecting unbelievable battles with my NG, but alas, no.

Back