2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Desktop
Here's my starting pic for this challenge...

Desktop

Attachments

• Sheryl%252527s%252520Hair%252520Pictures%252520026.jpg
    Sheryl%252527s%252520Hair%252520Pictures%252520026.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'd like to join in too! I'm in the C+G challenge so HYH works well with it. :grin:

I'll add my starting pic to the thread shortly.

Ooooh, I don't know how much longer I can keep in this weave because it is itching my scalp now and honestly I miss taking proper care of my hair underneath. I think I will make it maybe until the end of this week or the middle part of next week and that's it. I am done for now.

I need to order some additional deep conditioners so I will be ordering some more Aubrey Organic Conditioners before the end of the month. I have 2 bottles for now.

I've been hiding big time these past few, chilly days. I've been wearing a scarf and a beanie/snood looking knit hat over the scarf when going out. I return to work tomorrow so I'll keep with bunning but will keep my hair covered until entering the bldg.

So I went on Friday to get my hair blown out for my starting pic and my ends were HORRIBLE!! :wallbash:

I thought I was taking care of my hair while I was in kinky twist and the tree braids but I guess my hair didn't like those styles. :nono:

I ended up getting about two inches cut off. So I am now at SL again. :ohwell:

Going to try to follow the advice of my stylist for awhile to see if I can keep my ends healthy. I will go back to her in 3 months to have her check them out.

I am bored with my straight hair from the end of year length check :giggle: I think I am going to wash, DC, and put my hair in mini twists in 2 days, but I need motivation ladies :cry: It takes 6h (just to twist :nono:) and I don't wanna :lachen::lachen: But doing mini twists has improved my retention tremendously, so I need to just do it :look:

I am bored with my straight hair from the end of year length check :giggle: I think I am going to wash, DC, and put my hair in mini twists in 2 days, but I need motivation ladies :cry: It takes 6h (just to twist :nono:) and I don't wanna :lachen::lachen: But doing mini twists has improved my retention tremendously, so I need to just do it :look:

Do IT!!! I wish I could mini twist... I am going to do small twists in a few weeks to wear through the month of Feb up until spring break!

Mini twists are something that I wish I could do. Everytime I think I'm doing them "mini" they come out "medium" :lol: I'm special so don't pay me any mind.

I got my first set of braids installed for this challenge. I hope to keep them for at least 8 weeks, really shooting for 12.

Hiding my hair under Tammy for the next few weeks (hopefully she lasts at least 2 weeks). She's def a keeper!

Cute! I bought Tammy a while ago but have yet to wear her (left her at my mom's house). Def want to give her a try after I'm over my short bob wig, or maybe on the weekends...

I'm in!! Will take a starting pic tonight. Currently in half-wigs daily, will be installing a weave in the next week or so!

Mini twists are something that I wish I could do. Everytime I think I'm doing them "mini" they come out "medium" :lol: I'm special so don't pay me any mind.

Girl i want some twist real bad but my daughter has them and so does my S/O. I refuse to walk around with the same do as my S/O make it worst his hair is longer than mine :nono::nono::nono: not happening

I'm in! Need to get home Friday and try out my new camera (by God's grace).
Currently hiding hair in cornrows and single braids with extensions.
I really rarely wear my hair out....it's like I don't trust my co-workers to keep their hands and odd comments to themselves so I don't make it an option.
I wonder if I'll rock half-wigs at some point?

I'm more likely to put in kinky twists or something similar. Maybe some cornows or flat-twists with extensions. I need to do a light dusting though!

Just wanted to check in and share my new wig.... I love her +baggying lots! :spinning:

Attachments

• 374766_2617588914092_1086180399_32599426_1068974802_n.jpg
    374766_2617588914092_1086180399_32599426_1068974802_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 43
:lachen: oh that is why I dont' see it :giggle: :look:

So spill it, who is she? what is her name, I love it. IT LOOKS SO Natural! My goodness, you don't have to tell a soul, I still don't believe it isn't yours LOL.

Very nice pick. You did well and the color is beautiful too.

JJamiah The wig is a full cap motown tress synthetic one named "Shirley". My hair is naturally brown, and the wig itself is 4/27 :)

Attachments

• MT_SHIRLEY_2m2.jpg
    MT_SHIRLEY_2m2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 28
Back