2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

straightlovely, your name has been added to the list. :-)

For anyone else who would like to be official participants, please thank the 1st or 3rd post, and I will add your name to the list as well.

I blow dried my hair semi straight for the first time in years! I felt like I was breaking the law, lol! I had cond. washed my hair, let it dry overnight (hadn't planned on blow drying the next morn)then re dampened it with my leave in/spritz mix, heat protectant, argan oil and then after it was done added some shine with some BB grease. Of course, it did not come out bone straight but it was enough to give me what I was looking for. A fuller looking pony/bun. After celebrating the new years I made it up to my ends for the brief heat fry by lightly spritzing with my spray, moisturizing with Shea Moisture coconut creme and baggying my ponytail/ends. I'm still wearing the baggy and will do so probably all day. I posted my pitiful length pic in the starting point thread. I'm 26 wks post and taking things week by week as far as deciding whether to transition or relax. I think the only way this is going to work for me (not touching up) is if I cave and use heat every blue moon so I'm going to need to improve my blow dry skills and learn how to flat iron.

Well, I'm going to try this again. I had pretty good growth last time, but I fell off the wagon :lol: right before halloween. My twists were my downfall. Everytime I would take them down I wanted to wear a twist out instead of retwisting. This time I am going to make it until June. My longest layer is almost BSL (in the very back). My hair seems to grow in layers :perplexed so my shortest peices in the top reach to the middle of my neck. I cant wait until my shortest peices are BSL. Here is my starting pic again, my everyday wash and go from a month ago (I have MAJOR shrinkage), and today's mini twists. Happy growing ladies!!!

Attachments

• January 1 2012 Length Check.jpg
    January 1 2012 Length Check.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Everyday Wash and Go.jpg
    Everyday Wash and Go.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Kimberly Mini Twists Jan 1 2012.jpg
    Kimberly Mini Twists Jan 1 2012.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 13
Here are my starting pics...

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325489443146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325489443146.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325489490512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325489490512.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325489622879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325489622879.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 12
My starting pics

18a49417-ddd6-2609.jpg
18a49417-dde8-081a.jpg
18a49417-ddfc-e30e.jpg
18a49417-de10-944d.jpg
18a49417-de25-1f83.jpg

Excuse my weird facial expression:lol:

The rest of my wig and ponytail order arrived the other day. Love them so far!! Can't wait to wear them all. Gonna attempt to make some wigs too with the extra weave that I have. Bought it for sew-ins but never used it :nono:

^^^I started making one by sewing the weave on,but 2 packs weren't enough and I couldn't find the same type of hair so I kinda gave up on it. Lazy me.

I'm sorry I'm so late with this one.. this is my starting pic.. I decided to go into the New Year with a cut from BSL because my hair was in bad condition
2011-12-27122845.jpg

:grin: I am going to buy some hair and then a box of clips if I can find a box of them. I want a full head set of clip ins :)

Add some thickenss to my thin mane :)

I'm joining as well! I posted my starting pic in the thread. I cornrowed my hair up into a bun yesterday, no extensions. Starting out at MBL tryna make WL and whip this year.

bigbrowneyez, I love it!:love:

Mine would never turn out this nice!:look: My parts would be crooked, and some of the braids would be fat, while the others would be too skinny. And nevermind me trying to braid the back like that. :eek2: How do you even do that?

Thank you lol, it takes a while, but its actually easier with texture. I'm only 2 weeks post relaxer so its easier to part but harder to grip. I usually do it with wet hair once I have a bit of new growth. I use a handheld mirror and a mirror on the wall to make sure the parts are even. My braids are usually a bit fatter (9-10 in the front instead of the 12 I have now). To do the back, i hold my head downward, start at the kitchen and braid up if that makes sense.

Thank you lol, it takes a while, but its actually easier with texture. I'm only 2 weeks post relaxer so its easier to part but harder to grip. I usually do it with wet hair once I have a bit of new growth. I use a handheld mirror and a mirror on the wall to make sure the parts are even. My braids are usually a bit fatter (9-10 in the front instead of the 12 I have now). To do the back, i hold my head downward, start at the kitchen and braid up if that makes sense.

I'm definitely going to have to practice! Right now, my hair is straight, so it may a little hard getting my hair to stay put (it unravels easily when straight). Thanks for sharing your tips!

Back