2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Hi Ladies! I'm sitting under the dryer as we "speak". Getting ready for tomorrow's reveal!:grin:

Hold on to the starting pix because I will be putting the thread up tomorrow...or tonight around midnight.:yep:

@Anakinsmomma, @Ravengirl, @deborah11, :yay::yay::yay: I'm glad you're joining us!:grin: Just thank the 1st or 3rd post and I will add your names to the list.

For those of you who participated in the challenge that's ending tomorrow, do you want me to put the reveal thread up tonight at midnight, or do you want me to wait until a little later in the morning?:lick:

Last edited:
i need this challenge! i will be wigging it using the deep moisture method and maybe switch to sew ins every once in awhile

Hello Ladies!!
I am glad to be here!! My hair is making some great progress!!
I got my hair pressed and trimmed on Christmas Eve. I had not been in a beauticians chair since Spring of 2010. The front of my hair is 11 1/2 inches, the crown is 10 and the back is nine. For some reason when I measured it I did not believe my hair is 19 inches. I just got my hair cornrowed in triple layers. I will post some pictures when I figure out how to.:lol:

Last edited:
Braids done= 4 weeks of hiding

a6937f99-87a6-c71f.jpg

I think I am going to incorporate baggying during this challenge - I don't need any extra moisture during the summer when I cowash daily. I live alone so who am I tryna be sexy for? Lol.

I really need to take official starting pics for my challenges because come tomorrow I won't be able to but I'm feeling lazy today. I'll try to get it done by midnight :lol:

I want in this challenge. I know I can do this with no problems seeing that I hate to have my hair down now out of fear of it breaking off. Please add me to the list...now all I have to do is figure out how to add a picture :-(.

I posted my most recent straight-haired pic, which was Dec 4, 2011. I will be getting a weave install next Friday, so I'm not willing to straighten again because my leave-out will be getting straightened while I've got that in.

I am soooo looking forward to not fooling too much with my natural hair for awhile.

Hi ladies! For those of you that want to officially join the challenge, thank the 1st or 3rd post and I will add your name to the list when I get home. :-)

Count me in!

After a terrible setback ((I don't wanna talk about it :nono:)) I felt kind of discourage and took a break from hair. Well with the new year approaching, and my new wig :grin:, I think this challenge is just what I need to get back on on track!

Today I got a wig cap done. It's my first time wearing a wig/weave with no scalp, so it's going to take some getting used to... but plan on wearing it out tonight and every day after, till the tracks fall off :lachen: Depending on how this wig works out ::fingers crossed::, I'll probably go back to the same girl to make me a couple of wigs.

I don't think I've taken any pictures with m hair down lately, so I'll post a starting pic in the next week or two when I take my cornrows out to wash and re-braid.

Baggied today using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I slightly dusted my hair yesterday and I am planning to start my yarn braids tomorrow. Happy New Year all.

Back