*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

sunbubbles

Hey There Everyone!!

Soooooooo in an effort to keep my hands outta my hair and retain EVERY inch over the next couple of years, Im starting a Crown & Glory Challenge for 2012! Ive decided that my hair definitely performs best when it is natural.........too bad it took me a year of only retaining 2 1/2 inches and 3 texlaxes to figure that out:ohwell:. I should have just tryed to BKT again instead of relax but I digress....... NEWAYS, since there is NO WAY Im doing a BC again (been there done that), and chopping off 12 inches of hair , I will just be doing an eternal transition. Dont Judge me!:spinning:
Crown & Glory was basically what I was using when I was natural for the past 3 years out of pure laziness, so I think its best if I return to that. I know some of you ladies out there benefit immensely from C&G as well so lets start a challenge. The rules are as follows:

1) Hair must remain Braided or Twisted for 2-8 weeks at a time. (Whether in weaves, wigs, braids only or twists) If you decide to use weaves or wigs as your style, no more than 2 inches are to be left out in the front.

2) Progress checks will be Quarterly. March 31st, June 30th, September 30th, and FINAL REVIEW December 31st. (Hold off on the partying until u post ur reveal that night!!:lachen:)

3) 4 Passes for the year. (THATS IT!!!!! NO MORE!!) Hair will only be left out for up to 3 days for your pass.

4) Everyones Regimen is up to their discretion.

5) Starting Pics, Stats, and your regimen must be posted by December 31st, 2011. No more participants will be added after that.

Since ACTUAL checking in and participating seems to be an issue in challeges sometimes, Im thinking about sending out prizes to some of you ladies with the most success with sticking to C&G for the next year. (Of course I would exclude myself from this........... WELL I might get myself a little somethin *hee hee*)

If you'd like to join this challenge, either thank the post below or send me a PM. HAPPY HAIR GROWING IN 2012!!!!!!

OFFICIAL PARTICIPANTS

Ashawn Arraine
Aggie
Sunbubbles
Beautytalk69
BFlyy
berryblack
billyne
blckrose
bludaydreamer
brittle hair
bronzebomb
boundlessbeauty
Charla
cmw45
Evallusion
esi.adokowa
fogannie
Firstborn2
GoddessMaker
Hadiyah M
hairbrat_danni
justicefighter1913
Kerryann
KumakoXsd
LaToya28
ms.lisab
MsJellie
miss cosmic
MissMusic
Ms_CoCo37
Nakialovesshoes
ojemba
prettykinks
Royalq
Seamonster
SexySin985
Sha76
silenttullip
Sistar
theNaturalWonders
virtuenow
YoursTrulyRE

Last edited:
Boom-chicka-bow-wow!!!! I'm signing up! This is just what I needed. My hair is currently in box braids and I'll be taking them out during Thanksgiving so that I can get them done when I go home for Christmas. I think I'll use that photo as my starting point cause after that, I'm not using heat on this head!! Yea!!! Subbing!

:grin: Im sooo in ! Im already in braids..(straightbacks, conrows or whatev) and i was planning on doing exactly this as a personal challenge, but this is just more motivation :drunk:

I need this challenge in my life.. im trying to retain every last drop of my hair growth. I will be a two strand twisting fool for this challenge.

Last edited:
I'm def down for this challenge. I was considering doing a personal challenge of this nature so this will be the extra motivation I need. I'm aiming for APL for 2012. I will post more info as well as a pic closer to the start date (and when my HYH challenge ends).

I'm in too!

Crown and Glory method was the FIRST hhj that I ever took and it has grown my hair from damaged cbl to bsb in 2 years. Hoping to make mbl soon!!

hecks yeah im in! Will be in twists for a while.

What exactly is the crown and glory method> Ive looked at the site but i still never get a clear idea of what it is...

Last edited:
I'll probably jump in... Not sure if it works as well for withouyt extensions. For ppl who don't know hit up growafrohairlong.com it'll tell you about crown and glory technique.

hecks yeah im in! Will be in twists for a while.

What exactly is the crown and glory method> Ive looked at the site but i still never get a clear idea of what it is...

Royalq, kupenda: long explanation short its basically just keeping ur hair braided or twisted up for extended amts of time. Paying careful attention to not braid to tight or too small. It helps me and most other kinky heads retain MUCH better!

Right! What the heck do you actually do

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Would like to join....when does it actually start?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Nexus S 4G

Blkrose, the official start date is December 31st,2011. We should all have our starting pics by then.

I'll probably jump in... Not sure if it works as well for withouyt extensions. For ppl who don't know hit up growafrohairlong.com it'll tell you about crown and glory technique.

silenttullip, GGGGGGGIIIIRRRRRLLLLLLL, it works amazingly w/o extensions as well! Check out my fotki. I used mini braids for about a year and a half to grow and protect my hair!

Stats: Grasing APL in back
CBL sides
Top NL Bangs
Reggie: Stay braided 3-8 weeks
Shampoo 2x week (BWC Rosemary Mint or CoN Argan Oil)
Moisturizing Conditioner as needed (Vo5 or AOHSR)
Massage scalp dry or with evco 2x week
spray water, evoo, and eo braid mist 2-5 times a week
Spray HS14in1 2-5 times a week
Dust, Protein treat, and DC after braids are taken down
Starting pic

Attachments

• aplchallengeDec7th2011.jpg
    aplchallengeDec7th2011.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I'm in. I just took out kinky twists, and twisted my own hair til I re-install something. Planned on keeping it braided, cause its just so much easier for me. I'll post pics & reggie before I reinstall which should be within the next week

Last edited:
Withdrawing...not even 2012 and I'm already in too many challenges! But I'll still be incorporating C&G anyway, just not keeping up with thread.

Last edited:
GIRL this me boo! I'm in! I wanted to do this, this year but Dh likes when I wear my hair out. Screw him next year...lol. Lets get it! (on my way to get some more infusium and wild hair growth oil) Yall ain't going to know me come Dec 2012 lol.

I'm in. I already do this anyway for most of this year. Twist extensions are the methods to my madness. I will be APL in 2012 for the first time ever.

Yaaayyy!!!! I'm super excited!!! I put my hair in some jacked up cornrows on sunday, and slapped on one of my new wigs! I'm hoping to be at 19 inches by next December! Woop woop!!!

I'm happy I found this challenge. This is exactly what I've told myself I'll be doing until I reach my goal. This will fall in line with HYH Challenge.

I am currently 6 weeks post relaxer and plan to stretch until Easter 2012 (29 weeks).
After my relaxer I will utilize a pass and wear my hair out for Easter Mass.
I'm planning on braiding my hair in medium plaits and wear a wig. I've done the weaves and the braids with extensions but this way works out best for me because I can get to my scalp and moisture my ends as needed.

For now I'm redoing the plaits every two weeks. I may increase that as my ng becomes more unmanageable .

Happy Healthy Hair Growing All.

I am more than happy to join this challenge!!! I am 25 weeks post, transitioning and really trying not to use heat or big chop. So thanks hopefully by December I can figure out how to up load pics and will have my starting pic for you guys.

Welcome Ladies!

ojemba, wigging it will be my plan as well! (with some braid extensions and weaves thrown in for god measure *hee hee)

I'm happy I found this challenge. This is exactly what I've told myself I'll be doing until I reach my goal. This will fall in line with HYH Challenge.

I am currently 6 weeks post relaxer and plan to stretch until Easter 2012 (29 weeks).
I'm planning on braiding my hair in medium plaits and wear a wig. I've done the weaves and the braids with extensions but this way works out best for me because I can get to my scalp and moisture my ends as needed.

For now I'm redoing the plaits every two weeks. I may increase that as my ng becomes more unmanageable .

ashawn, hows your transition going for you? The longest I have stretched in the last year since I started relaxing my hair again
was 18 weeks. I KNOW that if I had had my hair put away, it would have been much easier to continue. Oh well, :ohwell: you live, you learn....... and then you start all over!!:grin:

I am more than happy to join this challenge!!! I am 25 weeks post, transitioning and really trying not to use heat or big chop. So thanks hopefully by December I can figure out how to up load pics and will have my starting pic for you guys.

2) Progress checks will be Quarterly. March 31st, June 31st, September 31st, and FINAL REVIEW December 31st. (Hold off on the partying until u post ur reveal that night!!:lachen:)
Oops! There's only 30 days in June and September.

Good Luck Everyone! I know you'll be successful in 2012!

I'm in! Like Sunbubbles, I am a bit lazy when it comes to my hair right about now and have been for the entire year so this is the perfect challenge for me at this time. I will primarily wearing my hair braided up and worn under mostly wigs. I may interchange them with weaves but not sure yet.

ITA with the bolded:yep:.

Back