**2012 Ceramides Challenge Part III (July 1 - Sept 30)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've find a place here that does wheat germ oil. I'm gonna use it as a pre-poo to add strength to my hair before washing because my hair always breaks off.

Did a pre-poo with WhGO, rice bran and hemp oils :lick: When I rinse out this DC I will seal with hempseed oil and my ceramide shea butter mix :yep:

that a home-made mix halee_J? care to share if so? thanks!

Did my usual WGO (WhGO?) + Soybean oil pre-poo overnight last night. I've added some Sunflower oil to my regular coconut oil sealant.

Okay, I've find a place here that does wheat germ oil. I'm gonna use it as a pre-poo to add strength to my hair before washing because my hair always breaks off.

melissa-bee - I use WGO as my base ceramide oil. I add EVOO for strength, Avocado oil for moisture or Sunflower oil for shine - depends how my hair feels.

I know you didn't ask, just wanted to let you know that you can mix/match to get just the right mix that your hair needs.

Hi melissa-bee - yes, that's my pre-poo regi. I always use WGO, either alone or mixed with other oils. For example I'll add Avocado oil if I'm pre-pooing before a shampoo or protein treatment. If I'm just doing a co-wash then I pre-poo with WGO + Sunflower oil.

HTH!

halee_J - thanks for sharing. Does the shea butter interfere with your leave-in or other post-treatment products? The thought of adding shea butter to a DC sounds so luxurious, lol!

Last edited:
naturalnewb
What you got coming?

This week is my protein week, and I will be using the same stuff that you used:yep:. Or I may just use my ApHogee 2 Min instead of my Joico, but I will def be using my Nexxus Emergencee.

I got three fragrance oils from WholesaleSuppliersPlus. Rose Garden, which I like. Love Spell (comparable to the Victoria's Secret scent of the same name), which I actually wasn't as fond of, surprisingly. And Violet Bouquet (comparable to Bath and Body Works), which actually smells really good.

Haven't used them yet though.

Applied WGO/EVCO to my scalp tonight, getting ready for wash day tomorrow.

I got three fragrance oils from WholesaleSuppliersPlus. Rose Garden, which I like. Love Spell (comparable to the Victoria's Secret scent of the same name), which I actually wasn't as fond of, surprisingly. And Violet Bouquet (comparable to Bath and Body Works), which actually smells really good.

Haven't used them yet though.

naturalnewb
I have a list of stuff I wanna get from them. I ended up ordering from Candle Science and got......
Cake
Sex on the Beach
Coconut, which I love and is using now mixed with my GSO

......and I found some here at the house
Hawaiian Tropics, mix with my leave-in, it smell so dang on yummy
Pink Sugar
Jamacian Fruit
Mango Desire

Did an overnight WGO + Soybean oil tx two nights ago. Added sunflower oil to my DC the next day.

My hair is finally starting to get a little bit of shine to it - it's the sunflower oil that I've been using in my DC's and for sealing. Thinking about stepping away from the 79p bottles and buying sth of a higher quality to see if there's a difference.

I purchased my Wheatgerm oil today. It doesn't smell as bad as you ladies made out. Just something that I don't wanna smell like.

Applied WGO/EVCO to my scalp tonight, getting ready for wash day tomorrow.

naturalnewb
I have a list of stuff I wanna get from them. I ended up ordering from Candle Science and got......
Cake
Sex on the Beach
Coconut, which I love and is using now mixed with my GSO

......and I found some here at the house
Hawaiian Tropics, mix with my leave-in, it smell so dang on yummy
Pink Sugar
Jamacian Fruit
Mango Desire

:lick: :lick: Sounds delicious! I think I would really like the Pink Sugar one! Next time! :)

Back on my grind after getting a TU a week n 2 days ago.
Added eucalyptus extract to preepoo mix.

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

I could join this challenge. I started cowashing with condtioners that have ceramides that I used at the beginning of my hair journey. Could this be what have been missing out of my regimen lately? Any who I decided to go back to what worked in the beginning. We shall see:yep:

Spritzed with water, leaving for 15 mins to soak in before doing my (new) pre-poo regi of WGO + Mirpur AV Cholesterol + QH Cholesterol.

Have added even more Sunflower oil to my Coconut oil sealant, the shine is insane!

Moisturized with S-curl applied Optimum Care reconstructor(contains ceramides) to ends sealed wh GSO

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

Moisturized with a homemade mix containing several ceramide products including safflower/soybean oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back