2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

NikkiQ I know, I know, I caved yesterday. I had a setback and got super pissed. I am now back to NL but pretty close to SL. I can't stand the way I look with short natural hair. I think I'm one of those people that is going to need a long transition...I'm thinking at least 18-24 months. I dunno, but I am sooo enjoying the way the comb glides through my hair now, lol. I don't know when I want to start transitiong though. Did you transition or chop? I need an intervention, lol.

I transitioned for 10 months. Only reason I chopped so early was b/c dealing with 2 textures while planning a wedding drove me insane. I chopped to EL/NL in February and now a little past SL. I still consider my hair short so I'm hiding until I get to APL. Then I'll be able to do more of the styles I want. You were doing well with hiding too. If you would've stuck with it,you would've grow out of that awkward stage in no time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

NikkiQ I was just discussing with ida2 that I want to hide until I'm APL. I think I'll be happy at this length. But what discouraged me, was a 2 inch patch at the crown of my head that seems to fare better when permed. While a permie, my hair was beautiful and long. So I guess reminiscing about that got the best of me. Anyhoo, I'm usually a chopper but I think I'm going to try and give this transitioning thing a shot. I may start off with stretching first to get the hang of the 2 textures. Time will tell...

@NikkiQ I was just discussing with @ida2 that I want to hide until I'm APL. I think I'll be happy at this length. But what discouraged me, was a 2 inch patch at the crown of my head that seems to fare better when permed. While a permie, my hair was beautiful and long. So I guess reminiscing about that got the best of me. Anyhoo, I'm usually a chopper but I think I'm going to try and give this transitioning thing a shot. I may start off with stretching first to get the hang of the 2 textures. Time will tell...

Well whether you're natural or relaxed, I can't wait to see your progress in the future :yep:

Back to bunning! I may try one more sew in, but not sure! December here I come!

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

Although I haven't been on the forum in a while, I have definitely still be hiding my hair!!!! I am going to get my hair colored later on this week so I will get it straigthened, but then I will faithfully go back to hiding it!!!

It's good to see that everyone seems to be doing well--December is fast approaching!

Old HYH participant dropping by. I still hide my hair about 95% of the time. Wishing you all the best. Can wait until you all reveal later in the year.

I need to redo my braids, but I'm soo lazy lately. Hopefully I'll find the energy to redo them somewhere this week. Btw, FoxxyLocs, I LOVE your hair in your siggy :lick:!!!!

My new wig Drew by Beshe:

b8c267bb-e2e6-0d94.jpg

Folks think this is real!

Sent from my SPH-D700

8 more weeks to go in these cornrows

...and they're already sittin' off my scalp :spinning:

I'm still moisturizing with Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion and sealing with Jamaican Black Castor Oil though! I'm keeping my scalp clean too, so I'm not a total dirty birdie.

Here I go again, bumping this thread up.:look:

So, I've had my twists in for almost 4 months now.:blush: and I haven't had a relaxer for about 5.:yep:... I'm finally taking out my twists tomorrow, but since I could now wait, I decided to take out a single piece of hair and boy am I shocked. Wow! It looks to me like my vitamins have been working.
I just hope the rest of my hair have also grown. After my relaxer on Sunday, I will be babying my hair a month and will be going back into hybernation mode (sew-in) for about a month.

Attachments

• 1319666974738.jpg
    1319666974738.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 1319667477298.jpg
    1319667477298.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
bellebebe, very nice! I have a feeling all of your hard work is going to pay off at the reveal. I can't wait to see it.:yep:

As for me, the tree braids were a bust. :ohwell: I kept them in for close to three weeks. I just couldn't take it any more. Looks like I'll be hiding behind two-strand twists until the reveal.

bellebebe, very nice! I have a feeling all of your hard work is going to pay off at the reveal. I can't wait to see it.:yep:

As for me, the tree braids were a bust. :ohwell: I kept them in for close to three weeks. I just couldn't take it any more. Looks like I'll be hiding behind two-strand twists until the reveal.

Ms_CoCo37

Girl, what hardwork? :lachen::lachen::lachen:
My lil butt has been so lazy. I started out moisturizing, oiling my scalp almost everyday. I can honestly tell you, I haven't moisturized for almost a month.:blush:... I will say this though, my scalp has not itched ever since I stopped oiling.

Anyway, thanks, chica. I can't wait to see you results on reveal day.:grin:

Has anyone ever cowashed daily while in twists? It sounds like it wouldn't work out but I can't be the only person that's ever thought of this...

Has anyone ever cowashed daily while in twists? It sounds like it wouldn't work out but I can't be the only person that's ever thought of this...

All I got from it was massive tangling and knotting when it came time to take them down. Why would you want to cowash so much? I suggest you moisturize and seal and call it a day :yep:

I'm trying twist again now that I don't have anymore texlaxed ends. I also have a wig that should be here tomorrow. I'm gonna try and alternate between the two till the end of the year. We will see... I'm so indecisive sometimes.:look:

ETA: Actually my twist are so small and thin I may be able to wear the wig over them some days.

Last edited:
I haven't been posting, but I have been hiding my hair with twists outs & braid outs...I'm currently in mini-twists for 3-4 weeks (it is the start of week 3). I'm so bored with my hair right now :look:

I need to redo my braids, but I'm soo lazy lately. Hopefully I'll find the energy to redo them somewhere this week. Btw, FoxxyLocs, I LOVE your hair in your siggy :lick:!!!!

Thanks hun!

My box braids didn't last. Way too frizzy. I washed and DC'd yesterday and plan to do a light flat iron today. I'll probably be bunning after that.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I've been wearing my hair straight since Saturday, since I got the new color but very soon I'll be going back to my wash and go pony!

wow i have not stepped foot in this here thread since the beginning! But im still weaved up,had two installs since then

Back