Start pictures June 2009

IMG00038.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

End of year Dec 2009 Dry and wet hair.

jalen006.jpg

jalen010.jpg

Hope you can view these pictures!!!

Last edited:
I was just thinking about how I need to update my album and then I stumbled upon this thread!...That must be my cue:yep:

All of you girls progress is great! I'm so excited for next yr around this time to see the progress my hair made :D. Subscribing right about...NOW!

Jan 3 2009...got a trim the following month but she didnt take off too much:
m_8ed24bfb38504ff3829cc799ca0c24c0.jpg

Dec 2009...last trim was in October:
m_89f6562c681342bbb6db737b0164b24c.jpg

Just wanted to show that ur hair can make good progess wit multiple trims as long as you find the right stylist who is willing to listen. I do my own dustings but If I want an inch or more taken off i go to her.

Last edited:
Jan 3 2009...got a trim the following month but she didnt take off too much:
m_8ed24bfb38504ff3829cc799ca0c24c0.jpg

Dec 2009...last trim was in October:
m_89f6562c681342bbb6db737b0164b24c.jpg

Just wanted to show that ur hair can make good progess wit multiple trims as long as you find the right stylist who is willing to listen. I do my own dustings but If I want an inch or more taken off i go to her.

Your hair looks beautiful. My male stylist told me long ago to trim every other touch up if your growing your hair out. I should have stuck with his advice.

India

Here are a few comparisons! I have a few more in my fotki from midpoints, but these are the ones as close to year end (this month) vs when I first big chopped!

BACK LENGTH A FEW DAYS AFTER BC AND MOST RECENT:
backlength.jpg

It's growing! :D 4 month's difference. :)

PUFF COMPARISON!

comparison3.jpg

My TWA when I first BC has grown to a teenage stage!! I can't wait for BAA status.

NAKED HAIR, NO PRODUCT COMPARISON:
nakedhaircomp.jpg

When I first BC I had NO curl definition and so many scraggly straight ends! I see I will have to let it grow out a LOT to get any hang time in but that's fine. :)

Your pictures are WONDERFUL LADIES. I can't WAIT to see what next year brings!!

In October 2008, i lost about half of my hair(down to the scalp) from a relaxer(i was relaxing out of frustration)!

^^The spots where i lost my hair, i was basically bald in certain spots.

[URL=http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/173_62/198_219/Endhair1.jpg][/URL]
My side length, same side, same head
smiley36.gif
I dont know the inches anymore, i havent measures since May or so. But i do know when i first BCed my nape was 1-2in long.

Last edited:
Amazing progress everyone.. so many beautiful heads in this thread!!!

Start of the year month 13 of transitioning
P1030161-vi.jpg

BC in March
P1030321-vi.jpg

bc2-vi.jpg

P1030339-vi.jpg

Nov/Dec
P1040818-vi.jpg

P1040880-vi.jpg

P1040623-vi.jpg

P1040765-vi.jpg

P1040780-vi.jpg

I didn't flat iron after bcing so hopefully these have given you an idea of my progress

Last edited:
^^as always, KCurly, your hair is just so gorgeous!! great progress!
when you compare from earlier in the year, it's like it decided to explode...:grin:

Hi ladies here's my update. I am about 1/2 inch short of my goal of APL based on when the last picture was taken in early Dec. I am sure if I took down my install and measured today I would be APL at my longest layer-- but I will wait to claim it after the New Year!

1st Pic- late Dec/ Early Jan 09 Starting Point
2nd & 3rd- August/Sept Check-in (blow-dried and texture shot)
4th- Early Dec. check-in

Attachments

• Starting Point- Dec 23-NeckLength.jpg
    Starting Point- Dec 23-NeckLength.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 66
  • Length shot back-small.jpg
    Length shot back-small.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Length shot natural 2.jpg
    Length shot natural 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Nov-Early Dec Updates 017.jpg
    Nov-Early Dec Updates 017.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 62
I am in love with this thread... All things are possible.

I think that it also might be helpful for you ladies to maybe post what things you did in 2009... challenges, conditioning, vitamins, etc to attribute to your length

:lick: lovin it!

Everyone here has such wonderful progress!!!! Thanks so much for the updates and inspiration! My Dec update is in my siggy.

Back