**** 2009 Year End Photos **** Add your pics here

Wow. I'm kinda shocked.

I have conditioner in my hair in the last picture - it's the only way I could safely manipulate it. All the same. Wow. I did better than I thought I did.

3164483344_3f1826b684_m.jpg
4235638274_bf3cfdf17c.jpg

and I think I'm definitely APL, too. :thud:

Wow! Beautiful progress.

October 2008

hair.jpg

Next pic is a year later in October 2009 after 1 setback in December 08, and 2 setbacks early 09 (all three setbacks by Dominicans the FEW times I went to get my hair done). Oh and this pic is also about 7 weeks after a 2 inch trim done by my mom.

IMG00191.jpg

Last pic December 09. I'm 5 weeks post.
IMG00251.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
The first is in 2007
the second is in 2008
and the last was in the summer of 2009 but I don't think my hair is that much longer now...

I have only been on my journey for 4 months.
I personally do not feel like I progressed at all at month 4. I'm trying not to beat up myself about it...

Great job guys. Thanks for letting me share :yep:

4MonthComparison.jpg

Here is my progress for 2009..I gained some thickness but not alot of length..but I feel like I did well though considering the setback I had midway through the year..I trimmed a about 4 times this year to get rid of some over processed ends and I still need to get one more trim before I go into a sew in for the next couple of months

JAN2009
comp2.jpg

AUG2009
3-vi.jpg

JAN2010
wet
progressnew.jpg

after rollerset
hur4.jpg

Here's mine. I am pleased with my progress considering my hair went through so many changes over the last year.

Panorama-vi.jpg

I should make APL by April. :)

I have only been on my journey for 4 months.
I personally do not feel like I progressed at all at month 4. I'm trying not to beat up myself about it...

Great job guys. Thanks for letting me share :yep:

Are you serious? girl you have made nice progress in such a short time :yep:

okayyy....so i really and truly thought that I made no progress at all this year. I've been really schizo, going back and forth with regimens, trimming recklessly, starting challenges and then not really finishing, overmanipulating, using heat as much as I wanted, overlapping color....want more sins?? :lachen:
but through all of that abuse....my hair has grown. i was browsing through pics on my computer and....i can't even believe it.
i went from this, barely at the bottom of my neck, damaged, colored ends. i couldn't even put my arm behind my back to stretch it: November 11, 2008
hairandotherstuff025.jpg

to this: still colored but sooo much healthier and much, much thicker-and even though it doesn't really look like it, i trimmed my ends really well (1/2 an inch to 2 inches in some places:blush:-told you i was reckless) right before taking this pic. January 2, 2010
100_0538.jpg

this is soo strange to me, you guys....i feel like i don't deserve this after all the stuff i've put my hair through this year. :drunk:

Last edited:
I don't think it's really changed much (lengthwise) except that there's a greater percentage of natural hair to the relaxed bits.

comparisonpics.jpg

Had a twa in 2007..my actual pics for Dec 2009 are my profile sorry about that...I erased my pics on my computer and haven't reloaded them back yet. I'm looking to be full APL by end of Spring 2010.

Hold up... Ediese where are you? You started this thread and I don't think I saw YOUR Dec 2009 year end picture!

Hey!! I've been on a long, awesome vacation, but I'm back. I went back and posted my December pic. I'm back to BSL, and hoping for WL in June. :yep:

OMGee, it took me about 30 minutes to go through this thread, but it was AWESOME!!! Who is going to start the 2010 thread???!!!!

^^^I agree with BostonMaria. You should start one Janet!! It's almost that time for a flood of length checks to begin.

Back