**** 2009 Year End Photos **** Add your pics here

Wonderful progress to all of you ladies! @HairDrama I absolutely love your hair! I'll be back in a week or 2 with my year end pics and my 1 year HHJ pics...can't wait! You ladies are such an inspiration!:grin:

I must cosign. your progress is the truth. now, how do you straighten your hair. i understand you are natural now, so how do you go about straightening it. and what is your full regi. I'm taking notes. :lol:.

Why thank you!
I use the chase the comb method to straighten.
My reg changes frequently and its not concrete.
Cowashing is the only thing that was really constant though. I shampoo often too.
Im about to change my reg yet AGAIN. At first I was going to scarf up my hair for months and hide it but now Im thinking about being a straight natural and KISS. :ohwell: My mind changes all the time. Sorry Im not much help.

Why thank you!
I use the chase the comb method to straighten.
My reg changes frequently and its not concrete.
Cowashing is the only thing that was really constant though. I shampoo often too.
Im about to change my reg yet AGAIN. At first I was going to scarf up my hair for months and hide it but now Im thinking about being a straight natural and KISS. :ohwell: My mind changes all the time. Sorry Im not much help.

No, you were very helpful. I know about the constant changes in regi. Well, whatever it is you are doing, Keep it up!! it is definitely paying off!!

These are my pics from this year 2009. :yep:
Pressing my way to hip length for 2010. :grin:

Attachments

• signature bun.jpg
    signature bun.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 51
  • starting pic.jpg
    starting pic.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 55
  • hair update.jpg
    hair update.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 49
  • hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 54
BostonMaria, you are growing!

I've done better than I thought. 4" over the last year! If I can keep this up, I'll be wl this time next year.

tshirtcomparison.jpg

Mwedzi,
You should be at WL in less than a year!!!
And how DARE I not recognize your hair. I had no idea this was you....

Last edited:
Ladies, Im in her clapping at the pictures like I'm at an Idris Alba movie! It's so great to see all of us moving on and making our goals happen! I love it!

:grouphug2:

HHG in 2010!

I have a pic from Feb 09 and onef from Dec 09.
It grows sloooow :sad:....but progress is progress! :look:

Attachments

• Feb 09.jpg
    Feb 09.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Dec 0920.jpg
    Dec 0920.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 149
The pic of me in the ***** bathrobe (just got out of gym) is from today. The pic of me with the scarf is from December 2008. Well, my pics are hijacking people's computers so I'll have to revamp my pics and repost later...sorry y'all.

Last edited:
Hmm. Okay, if this is slow growth. I'd like extra slow growth please. :lachen:
J/k. Your hair looks great.:yep:

Lol. Thank you.

The pic of me in the ***** bathrobe (just got out of gym) is from today. The pic of me with the scarf is from December 2008.

Shoot, I have that robe in pink. I like it, it's cozy! :yep:

slow progress.. it went from being 5'' to just about 9'' in 11 months....

not bad at all to me

Eh, it's just that some of you ladies grow that much and more in 6 months or less. But I'll try to stop complaining and be grateful for what growth I DO get. :yep:

well im not sure how much of progress this is, but more of a transition so u can see where i came from
almost 8yr old locs
IMG00072.jpg

style for my babyshower March 7, 09 (Lil mama came a week later 3-14)
IMG00191.jpg

noticed my edges started getting thin and damn near non existent due to post partum shedding... then stressed about it which didnt help matters much
IMG00410.jpg

sooooo...i started the process of taking down the locs (Aug 2009)
IMG00072-20090821-1528.jpg

IMG00070-20090821-1528.jpg

big-fro.jpg

and my shrinkage lol
IMG00124-20090825-1454.jpg

fastforward to last week
DSC00788-1.jpg

DSC00790-1.jpg

After flatironing
DSC00800.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

Sorry for the pic heavy post, i need to update with my edges, i just noticed, they are better due to JBCO.

Heres to HHG in 2010 :) Im glad I found this site...seriously

Last edited:
This is December 2008, it was an accidental length check (Pre-LHCF)
picture.php

These were my first Progress pics and where my HHJ began: August 2009
(My hair was in a bun that’s why it’s swooshing to one side )
picture.php

picture.php

December 2009 (please excuse my ashy self :perplexed:blush::perplexed )
picture.php

I think that was about 2 inches in 12 months so I'm happy. Next year I'll be focusing on APL and growing out my nape.

The pic of me in the ***** bathrobe (just got out of gym) is from today. The pic of me with the scarf is from December 2008.

Sunkist,

That adobe joint popped up and took my whole screen and I couldn't exit.
Everybody saw your ***** bathrobe! Nosa...

Sorry about that. I have to figure out how to fix that. My fault to anyone blinded by my ***** Lands End bathrobe.
Ok. Thinked I got it. I tried a Pikistrip..here it goes

Last edited:
Alright, my results aren't spectacular, but I've made some progress. I was hoping to make APL this year, but I trimmed a little too much. I will def hit it for 2010!
I posted this pic in another thread too
Last January
Goal-1.jpg

My siggy pic is where I'm at now

Alright, my results aren't spectacular, but I've made some progress. I was hoping to make APL this year, but I trimmed a little too much. I will def hit it for 2010!
I posted this pic in another thread too
Last January
Goal-1.jpg

My siggy pic is where I'm at now

Looks like you're APL now. Nice growth!

Back