**** 2009 Year End Photos **** Add your pics here

I haven't straightened my hair in a while but I'm just hoping that I'm back to where I was in July after losing 2 inches. It sucks being 4 months behind your goal but some progress is better than none.

We shall see. I'll update with a pic in December.

I will be going under tree braids Dec. 2 for 6 to 8 weeks depending how long they hold up. I will not have a touch up till then. Right now I am 5 weeks post.
However, I will do a before braids pic on Wednesday.
Holding my spot......

026.JPG
100_1634_edited.jpg

12/08.....................11/09
I'm going to love this thread.

Last edited:
Placeholder

Mine is in my siggy...the second 5/09 and the 3rd I made my goal of APL 11/09, but quickly trimmed it off shown in the last pic

I don't have a timeframe within which I want to reach my goal, but eventually I'd like to reach WL. One thing I want to try to do for the winter is protective style, which I never do.

2w6h3k1.jpg

Well my photos aren't phenomenal but progress is progress i guess... I did meet one of my goals, which was cbl. If only APL didn't seem to take forever....

November 26, 2008 --> April 2009 --> July 2009 --> November 25, 2009

IMG_2049-vi.jpg
DSCN0102-vi.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg
DSCN0368_2.jpg

GREAT PROGRESS!!!!!!

I'll post again at the end of December

These pictures are December 2008 vs November 2009

Attachments

• Pics1.JPG
    Pics1.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC09105.JPG
    DSC09105.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 197
BostonMaria, you are growing!

I've done better than I thought. 4" over the last year! If I can keep this up, I'll be wl this time next year.

tshirtcomparison.jpg

I've done better than I thought. 4" over the last year! If I can keep this up, I'll be wl this time next year.

tshirtcomparison.jpg

fantastic progress!!! :grin:
is it too creepy to say that I can't wait for YOU to be WL??? :lick::lachen:
i just love your hair!!!

I don't expect too much for 2009; 2010 is the year that I hope to make wl.
But, I still wanna participate.
Savin' ma spot.

Wow, there's some beautiful hair in this thread. I almost feel bad even posting up in here, but my pics are in my siggy. I had a few set-backs this year, but I think I'm back on the right path. I should reach my initial goal sometime in the first half of 2010, and then I can concentrate on growing out these bone-straight ends.

*subscribing*

my avi is my most recent length check, but I'll add a pic in late December. That last half inch I may get counts! lol

tshirtcomparison.jpg

Thank you! OMG Your hair is so incredibly long! You made me do a double take LOL I'm a big fan of your hair too so add me to your stalker club.

Last edited:
I don't have any pics of my hair straightened or stretcehd out. But you can tell my growth by how big my puff is now compared to 2 months after I BC'ed.

Picture630-vi.jpg

Picture677-vi.jpg

Picture268-vi.jpg

Picture257-vi.jpg

Picture258-vi.jpg

Here are my year end pics. This is the longest my hair has EVER been.

Thank you Official APL in 2009 Challengers and the knowledgeable ladies of LHCF!!!:grin:

APLYet.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea OP!! I'm saving my spot right now, cause I'll be back with my progress shots in about a month.

Just added my comparison pics. My goal was to achieve healthy thick SL by the end of 2009. Looks like I surpassed the SL goal, and made it to APL!!!! (Don't know when that happened!!):spinning: I didn't meet my healthy thick goal, so I'll be cutting my scraggly ends back to SL, and we'll see what happens by this time next year. It's been a good 2009! I now have hair in places where I only had skin before. Just check out my neckline from 2008 to now. Woohoooo, I'm making progress!

comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
ETA: I don't have any straight hair pictures from this time last year, so I'm doing a couple of curly-to-curly comparison shots.

Ponytail:
122709PonytailComparison-vi.jpg

Banana Clip:
122709BananaClipComparison-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Imperfect comparison of straight hair (first pic was a candid of my wet hair at the beginning of my transition). Not much gain in length, but I've been trimming as my transition progresses.
09straightenedprogress-vi.jpg
:yawn:
correction - 3.5 in trimmed is probably more accurate

2009newgrowthcomparison-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful heads of hair and amazing progress.
I won't be posting my pic cuz I don't want to embarras ya'll....sike!!
I am not at your ladies level yet, but the inspiration tells me I will be some day.

Thanks for sharing your progress ladies!!

*reserves spot*

Will be back December 28th!

ETA: check out siggy pics below :)

ETA part II: avatar Sept 2009
siggy pic Dec 2009

Last edited:
I'm saving my spot! :grin: My siggie is from May 2009, and I've pretty much been PS through the last half of the year. I will be done with a five month stretch by the end of December and will hopefully have some progress! :rolleyes:
Great thread and wonderful pictures so far!

Back