2005 Deep Conditioning Challenge...

I've been doing this lately, I didn't realize there was a challenge going on. I'm deep conditioning every other day for at least an hour (usually more). I usually work out before dinner so I shower after working out then put the deep con. with a foil cap and a cloth lined shower cap on top on my hair while making dinner. By the time I'm done and have eaten, it's usually 2 hours. My hair has definitely gotten thicker and shedding is down to a minimum. I usually use a combination of a cholesterol (Queen Helene's or Lustrasilk) with a Nature's Gate conditioner (Herbal, Rainwater or Jojoba). I add a bit of wheat germ or coconut oil and little bit of cinnamon oil to it. This is a great thing to do if you have time.

Hey I'm in to, oh boy I sure do love challanges :p

Every two weeks I will do the Lekair treamtnet (green one / Aloe)
Once per week I will do a deep treatment of olive oil mixed with honey and a moisturizing conditioner, such as V05 hydrators, freesia etc.

lkg4healthyhair said:
Not sure how I will work them into my routine yet.

Salerm Wheat Germ Mask (10 min no heat)
Humecto (10-15 min w/heat cap)
Nioxin Moisture & Strength (10 mins no heat)

Update:

My regimen...Wash 2x per week (Wed at home & Sat at Dom Salon)

Deep Cond at Home Regime:
Aubrey's GPB (pre-poo)add a little Keraphix for 15 mins with shower cap

20 min conditioner with heat cap
Alternating Products: Ater Ego Coconut Conditioning Mask, Dominican Conditioner (no name, they make it at the salon), Olive Oil Replenishing pak, NTM DDC or NTM Mask

I'm IN!! I'm deep conditioning right now with my shower cap connected to my blow dryer, the last time I deep conditioned was month's ago :( so this is GREAT!!! :)

I'm using LeKair's Cholesterol to deep condition. 15-20 minutes, this thing get's HOT and I have it set on COOL!!!! :(

Last edited:
Regimen:
Deep Condition 2 - 3 x a week. Sit under a hooded dryer with a plasic cap for 20 - 30 minutes

Alternating Conditioners:
  • UBH Conditioner
  • Aubrey Organics GPB

I deep condition faithfully every week with either 10-en-1, LeKair, or Humecto. I sit 15-20 minutes under the dryer using a plastic cap. I'm anxious to see how the porosity control affects my results.

miracle said:
I'm in on the deep conditioning challange!!!:clap: :clap:

Deep Conditioners I'll be alternating:
Lamaur Bone Marrow Treatment (Deep protein conditioner)
Capilo Silk Worm
EQP DPR-11 (Moisture)
Lustrasilk with Aloe Cholesterol

Deep Conditioners to try:
Capilo Honey and Milk Conditioner
Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Conditioner
Noruel Wheat Germ Conditioning Cream

I use all of my conditioners for 30-45 minutes with a plastic or heating cap.

I'm still in, but making some changes on the conditioners that I'll be rotating for the challange:

Deep Conditioners I'll Be Using
Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Shea Butter
AB Organic's Cholesterol with Tea Tree Oil
Nourel Wheat Germ Conditioning Cream
St. Ive's Hair Repair Intense Moisture Conditioner
Lamaur Bone Marrow Treatment
Motions Oil Moisturizer Deep Penetrating Silk Protein Conditioner

tru_mind said:

I finally bought Amla Hair Oil so now my regime deep conditioning regime has changed AGAIN.

NEW REGIME:
I massage Dabur Amla hair oil in my hair and scalp and leave in overnight covered with plastic cap and scraf. Shampoo the next morning.

PRODUCTS:
-Dabur Amla Hair Oil

-Plastic cap

-Scarf

Ok, I think I'm done changing:lol:

BACK TO WHAT I KNOW WORKS FOR MY HAIR!

REGIME:
Sitting under a hooded dryer with a plasic cap for 10-20 minutes.

PRODUCTS:
-Cholesterol Cream Jar by LeKair (Peach)***I LOVE THIS STUFF***

-Plastic cap

***TRYING TO KEEPING IT SIMPLE***FORMER PRODUCT JUNKIE***

I'm in!!!! I've been a deep conditioning fool lately. So I might as well join this challenge

I condition wash 5 days a week and Wash and Deep Condition 2 days. Sometimes I CON wash 6 days, including a Deep Condition and wash and DC only 1 day. One day a week I deep condition over night and the other I work out with the conditioner in my hair.

Products

Lekair Cholesterol (Pink)
Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Carrot Oil Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Tea Tree Oil
Got2Be So Smooth Protein conditioner

ebony88 said:
I'm in!!!!---Deep Conditioning Challenge

Deep Condition with LeKair Cholesterol or WELLA Kolesterol
---------Plastic Cap Hooded Dryer for 1 hour---1 nite a week

Mini Deep Condition with LOREAL Color Vive Hair Masque
---------5 to 10 minutes

STAPLE----LOREAL Color Vive Daily Conditioner

**Will eventually add Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Hair Mask to the lineup

UPDATE

Will deep condition 2X a week--plastic cap warm hooded dryer for 1 hour--

CONDITIONERS USED
LEKAIR Cholesterol Plus
BIOLAGE ULTRA Hydrating Balm
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner
CLAIROL 5x Renewal Hydrate for Dry or Damaged Hair

STAPLE Conditioner - KENRA Moisturizing Conditioner

Out of Rotation--LOREAL Color Vive Conditioner and Masque

Last edited:
It's not too late for me to join is it....better not be, cuz I'm joining anyway!:lol:

Deep condition every two weeks (for me, that's doing something compared to how I often I seriously condition now :lol: ) with heat for 20 minutes.

Deep condition with steam/heat every 3 weeks.

Edit:

My conditioning products:

Mane & Tail Moisturizer /Texturizer Conditioner

Generic Nexxus Humectress Conditioner

KeraCare Humecto Crème Conditioner

KeraSilk Ultra Rich Care Treatment

Deep Conditioner: ORS Replenishing Pak or avocado mix

Last edited:
I'm in.
My regime: I will deep conditioner at once a week for the next month or so because I had a weave in for a while. Then I will do it about every 2 weeks. I will either sit under a dryer or use a warm towel over my head for about 15-30 mins.

Products: Motions Silk Protein Deep Conditioner with honey and EVOO oil. I hope this gives my hair the moisture it desperately needs.

Hey, I wanna join too!!!

My regimen:
Deep condition with my secret mixture of conditioners (I'm a PJ and my hair likes them all), plastic cap w/o heat for an hour or two, rinse out, apply leave in conditioner and air dry using the satin/silk scarf method and wearing protective styles.

Big Mistake was to stop deep conditioning my hair, glad I got my sense back. When I used to deep condition with dpr-11 for every week my hair did grow 4-5" from October 2002 to April 2003). I remember it distincly because I had chopped my hair from shoulder to chin length in October 2002 (my first semester) because I could not afford to go to the stylist and my hair was very frizzy. I bought Cathy Howses book then bought DPR-11 and did it every week until May 2003. By May my hair was brushing my shoulders and I was getting complements on my hair.

In January 2004, I cut again because my hair was mad dry and frizzy--why because I stopped deep conditioning.

Since resuming the deep conditining my hair is retaining its length. I was soooo foolish!!

* QP Elasta DPR-11 (25 minutes with heat) every week
* DRC-28 (15 minutes with heat) every 6 weeks (followed by DPR)
* Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor (whenever necessary) followed by DPR-11

weekends under the dryer 20-30 min:
UBH,Kenra MC or salerm WGM

Weekdays short time Plastic cap:
Dove intense moist. Con.
Humectress
Professional wheat germ con (Dominican Prod)

Ohhh I'm in!!

Deep condition once per week with either:

Creme of Nature Condtioner (purple label)
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Proclaim Cholesterol

With Plastic Bag on for 1 hour.

Also I do a pre-poo twice a week with either:

VO5 Freesia, honey & EVOO
Hot Oil Treatment on Thursday night (rinse out on Friday)

I'm in. :D

I've started conditioning every 3 days and deep conditioning every other and after shampoos. My hair thanks you guys! For regular conditioning I use suave mixed with evoo. For deep conditioning I decided to try design essentials stimulations, elasta qp intense fortifying hair conditioner , and evoo under a dryer for 1/2 an hour (while I read or play video games). I'm new to all of this.... but the later worked wonders!! Very little breakage. :)

bajanplums1 said:
Big Mistake was to stop deep conditioning my hair, glad I got my sense back. When I used to deep condition with dpr-11 for every week my hair did grow 4-5" from October 2002 to April 2003). I remember it distincly because I had chopped my hair from shoulder to chin length in October 2002 (my first semester) because I could not afford to go to the stylist and my hair was very frizzy. I bought Cathy Howses book then bought DPR-11 and did it every week until May 2003. By May my hair was brushing my shoulders and I was getting complements on my hair.

In January 2004, I cut again because my hair was mad dry and frizzy--why because I stopped deep conditioning.

Since resuming the deep conditining my hair is retaining its length. I was soooo foolish!!

* QP Elasta DPR-11 (25 minutes with heat) every week
* DRC-28 (15 minutes with heat) every 6 weeks (followed by DPR)
* Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor (whenever necessary) followed by DPR-11

Thank you sooo much for posting this information. Deep conditioning is like a best friend to our hair! :)

It's been two months now since the deep conditioning challenge began...
are people really keeping up with their deep conditioning?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

lol.

I deep condition every time I wash, which is now just once a week. I use LeKair Cholesterol, w/ a little Botanic Oil by Nexxus mixed in and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes. I rinse, then shampoo with Nexxus Therappe and condition with the Humectress. I also use the Headdress leave-in.

MonaLisa said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

lol.

I'm sitting under the hair dryer now!!!! Conditioning with Lekair Conditioner (pink one).

LOL....I had a plastic bag on my head last night when I posted.....which...prompted....the posting...lol....

Keep conditioning people! :)

MonaLisa said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

lol.

lol, I have been :D My hair feels great too!

Back