2 out of 3......They get married after leaving me

FeelinIt, you are probably the consumate 'FIX 'EM UP LADY', you fix them up, correct the nasty in them then send them out to be married. Don't fix the bastards up anymore.

I can relate to your situation. I've been "with" this guy for 8 years!!! The one before 5 years!!! That's 13 years wasted because I didn't listen to and wait for what God had for me. I'm walking out of this situation (it's not a relationship anymore) in two weeks. But what helped me the most is something my pastor said three weeks ago: "Maybe beloved, God hasn't given you that thing you've been praying for because it is not God's will. You can't control God's will, and sometimes if you want for something and it doesn't come, then you have to BE THANKFUL for God's intervention."
Then pray for those relationships because it is not His will that children suffer b/c of parents' poor chocies. Pray for them and thank HIM. That's what I say.

OP, you know if these men were married or engaged IMMEDIATELY after you broke up, they were probably seeing those women along with you, in which case, you WON.

That's what I figured. While they were playing good guy with the main lady, I was the "Live entertainment" Why did I just think of Sha Ne Ne right then....

I know its hard to do and believe me I understand where you are coming from because I feel the same way but, look at this as a blessing! God has moved all the wrong men out of your life for the right one!! Your time is coming!

OMG!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I hate the internet right now!!!!!!

BREEEVE!!!

I just saw wedding pics from a mutual friend on facebook. OMG!!!!! WHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I need a drink but I'm broke and it's Sunday in Texas!!!!!!

DAMN FACEBOOK!!!

DAMN BLUE LAWS!!!

OP, the issue isn't you as much as its timing. men get married when they are ready and in most (not all) instances it's not about the woman being the "one". i've always had an issue with timing too. don't beat yourself up about it. it's not your fault. you've done NOTHING wrong.

I'm halfway through the day. I'm blue about it but when I get like this, surprisingly I end up working more and my apartment is clean....go figure.

Girl get off the internet and turn off your text message feature. God has a plan for you that doesn't involve those men! Looking back will only turn you into salt.

Are these fellas just married or happily married? There's a huge difference.

Love your hair btw. I don't know about my son's father. We don't talk like that.

Text message boy...he looked happy. He's only a couple of weeks into marital bliss so I'm not sure. Only time will tell. He's got a baby's mother that's had her hooks in him for years. I'm sure she is feeling it WAAYYYYYY more than I am. She just would not let go. And they ALL go to church together...baby's mother, kids, him and now wifey. I stopped going to his church a long time ago because of the drama.

Girl get off the internet and turn off your text message feature. God has a plan for you that doesn't involve those men! Looking back will only turn you into salt.

Get off the net.....unless there's some type of 12 step program to break the habit, I can't do it. LOL

Usually in these types of situations, I give my self a grieving, wallowing period...say like 2 weeks or more and then snap out of it.

This one is hard but not as dramatic as my earlier heartbreaks. OMG in my 20's I'd totally flip out, search the net for hours. This time around, the same hurt is there but the intensity and the craziness is gone.

I do feel better though ya'll. I really do. It helps to talk about it.

I do feel better though ya'll. I really do. It helps to talk about it.

I'm glad you were able to come to us to talk about this. So many times we just need to get things out of our system. And you found out that you are not alone either. With each of your posts I could see your load getting a little lighter, then you started joking etc., so I'm sure you are going to be just fine and I don't think you'll be preparing any more men to marry "other" women.

FeelinIt,

I have a sorta similar situation. I had a bad habit of daing "potential". Most of the time when dude is with me they have some quirk that drives me bonkers, or lack ambition, or don't know their own strength, potential, gifting etc.

Enter moi: with tons of encouragement, support, cheerleading.....then dude gets a revelation of who they REALLY are and dips -- only for the next women to benefit from the effort an input I provided.

I've decided that I am a KING MAKER. LOL.

...problem is, I've been aligning myself with entirely inappropriate candidates. They didn't deserve you, Sis. They weren't ready for what you have to offer. So...

my new approach?

WAIT FOR MY KING. Sit in the cut. Observe. Let them find me. And when the time comes again (post divorce) CHOOSE WISELY. Exercise my personal VETO power. Be picky --I'm worth it.

'Cause these skills are just too valuable and potent to waste on the unworthy.

This is SO me. My mother calls it "Fattening frogs for a snake", because usually, the women they marry are just that, SNAKES. The last guy was engaged 4 months after he just could NOT see himself getting married, had NO prospects out there, and disappeared off the face of the earth. MmmHmmm :rolleyes: I saw him about 4 months AFTER the wedding, and he is grinning up in my face like everything was cool, asking for hugs and whatnot :hardslap: I was looking fabulous of course, which could be why his funny looking wife gave me the evil eye and stormed off. HA! :lachen:

OMG!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I hate the internet right now!!!!!!

BREEEVE!!!

I just saw wedding pics from a mutual friend on facebook. OMG!!!!! WHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I need a drink but I'm broke and it's Sunday in Texas!!!!!!

DAMN FACEBOOK!!!

DAMN BLUE LAWS!!!

I never saw the wedding pics (I can't even imagine), but I DID see her registry, and I didn't feel so bad. She's got TERRIBLE taste. Stuff was flat out ugly. Tee hee :grin:

It gets better, my dear. It simply is going to take time, and the realization that you wouldn't want somebody that would treat you so coldly as your mate. Let her contend with that. It especially helped when I found out that he's balding and trying to cover it up with half of head of Beijing, and half of his family and friends don't like her because she keeps up a lot of confusion. Not that I'm gloating or anything :look:

Feel better soon :needhug:

This is SO me. My mother calls it "Fattening frogs for a snake", because usually, the women they marry are just that, SNAKES. The last guy was engaged 4 months after he just could NOT see himself getting married, had NO prospects out there, and disappeared off the face of the earth. MmmHmmm :rolleyes: I saw him about 4 months AFTER the wedding, and he is grinning up in my face like everything was cool, asking for hugs and whatnot :hardslap: I was looking fabulous of course, which could be why his funny looking wife gave me the evil eye and stormed off. HA! :lachen:

I never saw the wedding pics (I can't even imagine), but I DID see her registry, and I didn't feel so bad. She's got TERRIBLE taste. Stuff was flat out ugly. Tee hee :grin:

It gets better, my dear. It simply is going to take time, and the realization that you wouldn't want somebody that would treat you so coldly as your mate. Let her contend with that. It especially helped when I found out that he's balding and trying to cover it up with half of head of Beijing, and half of his family and friends don't like her because she keeps up a lot of confusion. Not that I'm gloating or anything :look:

Feel better soon :needhug:

Your post made me feel 100 percents better! I just laughed out loud. All I hope for him is that whatever he did to me, comes back to him ten fold good and bad. GOOD DAY ALL!

I have had it happen to me with two guys. I always joke that I make my men better men. I stopped taking it personal. I have learned to not waste time anymore with guys that are not right for me. My one regret is that I wasted 5 years with a man and he ended up marrying someone else 2 years after our break up.

I suggest to stop communicating with exes. This way you don't have to get updates on their lives.

FeelinIt,

I have a sorta similar situation. I had a bad habit of daing "potential". Most of the time when dude is with me they have some quirk that drives me bonkers, or lack ambition, or don't know their own strength, potential, gifting etc.

Enter moi: with tons of encouragement, support, cheerleading.....then dude gets a revelation of who they REALLY are and dips -- only for the next women to benefit from the effort an input I provided.

I've decided that I am a KING MAKER. LOL.

...problem is, I've been aligning myself with entirely inappropriate candidates. They didn't deserve you, Sis. They weren't ready for what you have to offer. So...

my new approach?

WAIT FOR MY KING. Sit in the cut. Observe. Let them find me. And when the time comes again (post divorce) CHOOSE WISELY. Exercise my personal VETO power. Be picky --I'm worth it.

'Cause these skills are just too valuable and potent to waste on the unworthy.

I am so feeling you on this. This has been my experience for most of my dating career. But I have just started to realize that I am truly a Queen, and I was just slumming with bums! My eyes are finally starting to open to my own potential. He is coming and it will be good!

I have had it happen to me with two guys. I always joke that I make my men better men. I stopped taking it personal. I have learned to not waste time anymore with guys that are not right for me. My one regret is that I wasted 5 years with a man and he ended up marrying someone else 2 years after our break up.

I suggest to stop communicating with exes. This way you don't have to get updates on their lives.
GREAT POINT!

Back