2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

I will post my new start pic when I straighten my hair again. I wore a wig today, because I didn't have time to properly detangle and style my hair this morning. Tonight I put my hair in celies and massaged Nioxin scalp treatment into my scalp. I love this tingle!

I went ahead and washed my hair today and I'm currently under the dryer with Maskeratine smoothing dc. I washed with Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner. Although it didn't lather like traditional shampoo, it left my hair and scalp feeling really clean and refreshed. I'm going to airdry to about 80% and flatiron on low heat. I'll post my starting pic afterwards

It's all gone. (Twa) I'm not that upset anymore. It'll grow back. This time around I'm going to focus on my curls and health of my hair. I want to focus on wash n go's. Eventually the length will grow back.
I had to cut a lot off of my bangs. They were just over processed from the bleach and lack of care. I had to bleach the heck out of my hair to get rid of the purple, which when removed, left me with pink hair in the front!

Once I cut those ends, my coils bounced back. Plus too much protein in my hair from the gel and other products.

Today I'm using Pumpkin Seed Butter mixed with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm as a prepoo.

Clarify with Elucence Clarifying shampoo

Cowashing with 4 Bella Naturale Yucca Root Restorative Co-Wash Conditioner

Protein Treatment with 4BN YR Intensive Repair Mask

Moisture Treatment with 4BN YR Cocoavonana Deep Hair Mask

Leave-In with 4BN YR Restorative Leave-in Conditioner

Joining this!! I would love to have 2 more inches of hair by December...

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)

IMG_20160908_220527.jpg IMG_20160908_220022.jpg
2. Current Length
BSB
3. Regimen
Long term protective styling (crochet braids... maybe wigs)
Daily: Water my hair, oil and grease my scalp and hair, scalp messages, take biotin, drink water.
Monthly: Prepoo, finger detangle, wash, protein treat and deep condition
I also want one trim.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
Follow my regimen. Sometimes I'm "too tired" for the scalp messages, so now I want to try doing it twice a day. In the morning and at night. If i'm in a rush in the AM it will hopefully motivate me to do it at night and vice versa.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Kyra Shea's Baby Powder on ends.
  • DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with SM Tahitian Noni & Monoi.
  • CW'd with KenetMD, Reconstructed with Aphogee Curlific, R/O with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = KJ Naturals Raspberry Lemonade; O = DIY; B = Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp and Kyra Shea's Baby Powder & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)

2. Current Length

MBL

3. Regimen

Clay wash + conditioner for 3 weeks, 4th week shampoo wash and protein treatment. Daily moisturizing. Two strand twists as protective style.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal

I will work on increasing the amount of protein I ingest daily; bamboo tea daily. Try to eat cleaner overall.

5. Anything else you would like to share

Attachments

• 20160910_165807-02.jpeg
    20160910_165807-02.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 20160910_170837-01.jpeg
    20160910_170837-01.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 59
I really want to do this and stick to it. I need to do the pic though but cba haha. Good sign :rolleyes:

I may post a pic soon if not then I will do so half way through. Either way I'll be lurking and keeping up with everyone's progress.

Here's my latest pic....got my hair done yesterday. My stylist says it feels amazing and ia growing nicely. The crochets, meds, and heat left me in a mess. I need to cut a few more inches because my ends are noticeably thin compared to the first few inches from the root. I told her I felt like I was transitioning again, but I'm afraid to get box braids....so I'll continue to be patient. @xu93texas I need to follow your lead....just let it all go.

Attachments

• 20160906_220929.jpg
    20160906_220929.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160906_220840.jpg
    20160906_220840.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Kyra Shea's Baby Powder on ends.
  • DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with SM Tahitian Noni & Monoi.
  • CW'd with KenetMD, Reconstructed with Aphogee Curlific, R/O with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = KJ Naturals Raspberry Lemonade; O = DIY; B = Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp and Kyra Shea's Baby Powder & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.
Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & hot shea oil.
DC'd under heat cap for an hour with a mix of Ynobe Amla & Nettle and Brahmi ayurvedic powder.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with KenetMD, Reconstructed with Aphogee Curlific, R/O with ACV & The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.
LCOB'd with LRC Shake 'n Go, KJ Natural's Raspberry Lemonade Slip, DIY oil on length & Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp.

I hate inverting but I have to continue because I've been experiencing some great results from it and with that said I just completed day 1 (5 minutes with a 2 minute scalp massage using Netwurks 21) for September.

Just completed Day 2 of my inversions for September (5 minutes + 5 minutes scalp massage using Netwurks 21)

2. Current Length: My current length stretched is grazing BSL
3. Regimen: for the next 6 months I will be doing long term protective styling. I will braid my hair under wigs. On water rinsing, oiling, moisture and rice water rinsing. Braids stay in from 4 weeks to 8 weeks depending on the condition of the braids.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: stick with my regimen until April 2017. Babying my hair as much as I can. Being careful not to brake any strands.... Deep conditioning and protien treatments when my hair is taken down. Also eating better and qorking out.
5. Anything else you would like to share. N/a

Attachments

• C360_2016-05-24-22-24-33-257.jpg
    C360_2016-05-24-22-24-33-257.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 28
I know I'm late, but here's my starting pic. I would like to gain an inch before the end of the year. I'm washing weekly and using Nioxin scalp treatment daily.20160922_203636.jpgI'm really hoping to slim down a bit by December too. I can't blame my weight on the baby anymore. He's 3:cry:

Here's my latest pic....got my hair done yesterday. My stylist says it feels amazing and ia growing nicely. The crochets, meds, and heat left me in a mess. I need to cut a few more inches because my ends are noticeably thin compared to the first few inches from the root. I told her I felt like I was transitioning again, but I'm afraid to get box braids....so I'll continue to be patient. @xu93texas I need to follow your lead....just let it all go.

Hopefully, you don't have too much to cut. Continue to be patient and trim a little at a time.

Back