Youtube video gorgeous 4a natural hair

I know what you mean about the hair being streched out when under the pressure of water, thats why I detangle that way but in the bc video she has curls in her hair that are visible from far away (classic type 3 hair) not coily like 4a/b hair and she was able to do a completely slicked down ponytail now I know that there are silky type 4a's like the woman on familygoingnatural on youtube but she doesn't really fit that type from the pictures she posted in that video in my opinion she's definitely a 3c.

I don't care how long my 4a/b hair gets I don't ever see it getting wavy under any circumstances no amount of water, hair product or even length will cause it to lay down like it was in her ponytail.

Like I said, to me, some of the best examples of long haired 4a's are Rustic, sera, aijo, and mwedzi:yep:
She blows out her hair and some pics look like she's pressed or flat ironed. She says she doesn't do that as much, in one of the videos, but she does do it. So maybe that's what you're thinking about. As for the laying down, I'm a 4a too and you'll see as your hair gets longer that it will stretch out. And if I use a denman (I was amazed at how my hair layed). I mean it was so smooth, that when I pony set I didn't even have to flat iron or blow dry my roots. It was just heat protectant lacio lacio and some coconut oil to seal. I don't use t he denman anymore because I noticed hair loss. Too bad or else I would be on it! my fine hair just can't take it even though it's very dense. I have tons of hair imitating thickness but the individual strands are not thick. So what I thought was "shed hair" was my hair!:lachen: If not, I would be a denman brusher!

She talks about brushing her hair on several occasions. Depending on what she's using, that CAN lay the hair down. In addition the length can stretch the hair. The original bcs show the hair type and it is a 4 hair type.

I think this is a classic case of hair typing confusion. It's not an exact science which is why we've come to different conclusions.

Also, I don't know about Rustic and Aijo but IMO Mwedzi and Sera are not 4a's at all. I know Mwedzi calls herself a C-napp and Sera's hair looks completely 4b.

But like I said, hair typing is not a science.
Oh yea, I definitely see why mwedzi is a c-napp (and she REPRESENTS for the c-napps with that gorgeous hair), sera herself says her hair is mostly 4a but 4b in the bang area which she displays and addresses in her detangling video.

Check out her BC video and skip to 1:49 does that strike you as a 4a texture? Definitely doesn't to me but hey *shrugs*

Her hair is absolutely drop dead goreous though, she does some lovely styles I can't wait till I get where she's @ lengthwise :yep:

Last edited:
Her hair is beautiful. I think I'm going to do a length check one day soon. I haven't blowdried or flat-ironed in 12 years lol.

I believe this womans hair is in the 4 range. She did say that she blowdries and presses her hair, so maybe thats why (in combinaton with the weight of all that hair) it appears wavy while wet.

Last edited:
I believe this womans hair is in the 4 range. She did say that she blowdries and presses her hair, so maybe thats why (in combinaton with the weight of all that hair) it appears wavy while wet.

I def agree. She's def a 4 type. I can't wait till my hair gets that long!

She must not workout. I couldn't imagine washing my hair once a month with all the classes I teach. My hair would smell let alone itch like hell.

Last edited:

I went back and looked at her progression over the years. I think she's 3C to 4A because if she were a straight 3c could she do an afro puff like that? Anyway, her hair looks like it's been heat trained like pinkskates. This really makes me want to do a length check but I know me, the minute I get off this site the urge leaves me. I'm lazy.

She blows out her hair and some pics look like she's pressed or flat ironed. She says she doesn't do that as much, in one of the videos, but she does do it. So maybe that's what you're thinking about.
She said she blows her hair out only once a month and flat irons twice a year, I really doubt thats enough to alter 4a texture hair to looking like 3c from root to tip like it does in her BC video. The bottom half of my strands look like a super tight 3C and that only happened because I was a straightened natural (blowdrying, pressing and flatironing) for like 3-4 years non-stop. Blowing out my 4a hair every 1-2 weeks all through my childhood and occasional pressing never changed my texture or the texture of any of my 4a friends growing up.

As for the laying down, I'm a 4a too and you'll see as your hair gets longer that it will stretch out.
Anythings possible, but I don't think that'll happen with my hair I think when my hair gets to my goal length and it has its texture in tact it will look like RusticBeauty's Hair her hair is MBL and still shrinks into a fro. I'm 3 inches shy of MBL and my hair still shrinks into an above the shoulder fro so I highly doubt any drastic changes will occur with just 4-5 inches.

And if I use a denman (I was amazed at how my hair layed). I mean it was so smooth, that when I pony set I didn't even have to flat iron or blow dry my roots. It was just heat protectant lacio lacio and some coconut oil to seal. I don't use t he denman anymore because I noticed hair loss. Too bad or else I would be on it! my fine hair just can't take it even though it's very dense. I have tons of hair imitating thickness but the individual strands are not thick. So what I thought was "shed hair" was my hair!:lachen: If not, I would be a denman brusher!
lmfaooo!!:lachen:girl I feel you on the denman note!! I tried that bad boy when doing some twists and its really hit or miss but overall I'm none too pleased with the shedding....unecessary hairloss is not a good look:nono: and I have thick/coarse strands so its not just you girl! I think that brush is a bit harsh myself:ohwell:

She must not workout. I couldn't imagine washing my hair once a month with all the classes I teach. My hair would smell let alone itch like hell.
I thought you maybe had heard wrong or confused a word or somethin when I read this post and I went to go watch her regimen video myself, YEP you heard right. Different people's hair like different things I guess she says she can get away with it because she has dry scalp.

I can see how maybe that would help her gain length I mean that's definitely low manipulation but um yea......not washing for a month every month...thats just not a good look for me:nono: you start stankin after 2 weeks, in my experience. I don't worm out now but I've found its important for your health to sweat and be healthy and its important to keep the scalp clean I feel but I think sometime leaving it alone to grow can be good too....all I know is its DEFINITELY workin for her! her hair is absolutely movie star GAWJUS!!

Gorgeous hair!!!! Subscribing.

I don't think she's 4a though. Pinkskates is who I think of when I think of WL 4a hair that shrinks to tight curls when wet.

Pinkskates pressing video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDFFniCQwIc
COULDN'T agree with you more:clapping:

I went back and looked at her progression over the years. I think she's 3C to 4A because if she were a straight 3c could she do an afro puff like that?
Yes!! They're the tightest curls of the 3 family their hair has the potential for alot of volume. Some 3c's can even rock a curly fro. 3C's are tight small curls, but curls is the operative word NOT tight pen spring sized coils. They have curls or waves that are visible to the eyes when you're 4a your curl is not visually identifiable unless you manipulate it into a style like comb coils or a straw set like what I did on the left side of my siggy.

Anyway, her hair looks like it's been heat trained like pinkskates. This really makes me want to do a length check but I know me, the minute I get off this site the urge leaves me. I'm lazy.
Nah, when your hair is heat trained you have like annoying straight patches in some places and inconsistent curls because it isn't your natural curl, PinkSkates is a true 4a though:yep:

All of this is imho of course!! ;)

Last edited:

That's what I was thinking, that her hair was "trained". Her wet hair hardly seems to curl at all, like in the progress video a 1:49 like blackmasterpiece pointed out. She looks to be a heat-trained type 4. Her wet hair looks to be more than 1/2 her stretched length! Does she ever wear it shrunken? Even velvet halo's hair shrinks up to 1/3 of its stretched length when dry. I've had heat-trained type 4 hair myself, and it isn't always straight. My hair remained very kinky, no straight pieces. It just wasn't tight anymore.

That's what I was thinking, that her hair was "trained". Her wet hair hardly seems to curl at all, like in the progress video a 1:49 like blackmasterpiece pointed out. She looks to be a heat-trained type 4. Her wet hair looks to be more than 1/2 her stretched length! Does she ever wear it shrunken? Even velvet halo's hair shrinks up to 1/3 of its stretched length when dry. I've had heat-trained type 4 hair myself, and it isn't always straight. My hair remained very kinky, no straight pieces. It just wasn't tight anymore.

Probably not. In one of her videos she says that she blows it out because she found that her hair was knotting and matting if she doesn't. So I'm thinking she wears it braided and then when not, blows it out if she's wearing it out. She says that she does that to help with retention.

Probably not. In one of her videos she says that she blows it out because she found that her hair was knotting and matting if she doesn't. So I'm thinking she wears it braided and then when not, blows it out if she's wearing it out. She says that she does that to help with retention.

I should start doing that. Seemed like my hair matted less when I did that, too. But also, I didn't retain length because it all broke off while blow drying and after because it was brittle! lose-lose for me, but I can see how it works for her.

I should start doing that. Seemed like my hair matted less when I did that, too. But also, I didn't retain length because it all broke off while blow drying and after because it was brittle! lose-lose for me, but I can see how it works for her.
I don't think I could blow dry like her with the whole direct heat and comb. I would have to do it like pink skates where you stretch it out, and you have a diffuser over the dryer to correctly dispurse the heat, combined with heat protectant so that you could retain the length. I leave in conditioner and then take some lacio mixed with water and spray that over it (unless you just work with home organic ingredients) and then I put a tiny amount of oil to seal, and then heat protectant so that it's not dry and brittle afterwards but instead moist. I would not put the blow dryer that close either! It seems that everyone's hair is different and some can take more heat than others.

Last edited:
oh wow. i watched some more of her videos and i definitely recognize her from bhm. she is in the mbl or wl challenge. didn't she have a fotki? why did she close it?

:scratchch I wonder if I just blew my hair out without the additional straightening steps if that would keep the SSK's @ bay?? I did have some long thick hair as a little girl and all my mom would do is a blowout and braid my hair up some typa way hmmm definitely something to consider........

awe man!!:nono: see this is what im ascurred of:sad:

I don't think I could blow dry like her with the whole direct heat and comb. I would have to do it like pink skates where you stretch it out, and you have a diffuser over the dryer to correctly dispurse the heat, combined with heat protectant so that you could retain the length. I leave in conditioner and then take some lacio mixed with water and spray that over it (unless you just work with home organic ingredients) and then I put a tiny amount of oil to seal, and then heat protectant so that it's not dry and brittle afterwards but instead moist. I would not put the blow dryer that close either! It seems that everyone's hair is different and some can take more heat than others.
yea especially considering you're fine haired:yep:

:scratchch I wonder if I just blew my hair out without the additional straightening steps if that would keep the SSK's @ bay?? :yep:

That's what I'm thinking about! When my hair is straighter there are less single strand knots. It makes perfect sense. If there's a way to do it safely, we could progress so much faster (naturals)

Whoa! Now that is one of the best heads of hair that I have ever seen! She just inspired me to transition and I plan on sticking to it this time, lol!

Back