Youtube Broke My Hair!! Devastating Set Back

But according to get she didn't need the new products. She said she'd have been fine using her regular stuff. She'd Havre achieved better results this way (hindsight) but she wanted extra shine to her hair for YouTube followers. I believe she even said she'd tried this style before? So really it came down to any unfortunate accident for more clicks.

I don’t think the reason she used the new products matter. My point was that we’re all go to try something new with our hair at some point. Be it for YouTube, a first date, job interview, whatever... barring the use of heat or chemicals, it shouldn’t result in a set back this major.

But what do you mean by your last line? You think she’s faking the funk too?

I don’t think the reason she used the new products matter. My point was that we’re all go to try something new with our hair at some point. Be it for YouTube, a first date, job interview, whatever... barring the use of heat or chemicals, it shouldn’t result in a set back this major.

But what do you mean by your last line? You think she’s faking the funk too?

I just ment that she acknowledged that it wasn't necessary to make the style. She just wanted shine...which I'm assuming was part of her strategy to get more followers (no judgement). People love the shinny hair. But was it worth it?

Unless she was planning on BCing anyway and made up a story in the interim for more clicks? (I love her hair so I hope not).

I still don't understand how they would loc the way that she described. I'd try to steam it out.

I just ment that she acknowledged that it wasn't necessary to make the style. She just wanted shine...which I'm assuming was part of her strategy to get more followers (no judgement). People love the shinny hair. But was it worth it?

Unless she was planning on BCing anyway and made up a story in the interim for more clicks? (I love her hair so I hope not).

I still don't understand how they would loc the way that she described. I'd try to steam it out.

We're all getting our investigative skill up, up in here. Pondering, analyzing and rationalizing. :drunk: We could pass the bar exam.

Last edited:
I think there is a big difference in her hair between the wash video she just uploaded, and the one from a month ago. Her hair is shorter and thinner.

Then:

Now:

@shortdub78 What do you think. I can see how one could doubt her... Maybe she’s lying about how the setback came to be. This seems like a lot for some gel and tangles.

a0203772_l_5f54ab60-d003-11e1-8652-1d11b3200007.jpeg

I don’t understand either. That’s some massive damage for what she claims to have caused it. That’s why I can understand why someone could find her story suspicious; the click bait title, the confusing story, not showing the damage in the original video, coming back with back to back “how to bounce back from damage” videos. It seems a little suspect...

But the difference in her hair is pretty stark. Even if she planned a BC, she’d have had to go through her hair with thinning shears, do a jagged cut on the ends... The damage to her hair doesn’t look like something that can easily be fabricated.

People do that on YouTube all of the time. Just because she has long hair doesn’t mean anything. She didn’t show actual damage, just did a bunch of talking and crying on camera.

The youtubers that I have seen ruin their hair for views usually already had damaged hair (relaxed, colored, heat damage or a combination). I also can’t think of anyone of them that had long hair. Needless to say, people who do those videos, usually already have hair that is ruined in some way.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m yet to see a youtuber with a head full of healthy long locks, simply decide to let it all go for views.

The youtubers that I have seen ruin their hair for views usually already had damaged hair (relaxed, colored, heat damage or a combination). I also can’t think of anyone of them that had long hair. Needless to say, people who do those videos, usually already have hair that is ruined in some way.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m yet to see a youtuber with a head full of healthy long locks, simply decide to let it all go for views.
Oh they are there.. and we don’t know what’s healthy and what’s not and people are crazy for attention. They get paid off of views. And I think She didn’t ruin her hair at all. Now my opinion is just that, but I’m just not buying, or drinking her kool aid.

Oh they are there.. and we don’t know what’s healthy and what’s not and people are crazy for attention. They get paid off of views. And I think She didn’t ruin her hair at all. Now my opinion is just that, but I’m just not buying, or drinking her kool aid.
If what you are saying is true, then that means that morning I fried my bacon breakfast in silent tears for nothing? I sat down on the couch in slow motion and wrapped my arms around my knees with my head down in heart ache for her for nothing? I was one of the first viewers with my hands clasped together dowy-eyed listening to her (hurt as if this happened to me). I will continue to believe she was sincere:oops:.

Eta: I even called my Mom about it like "Do remember that Girl we looked at the other day with the really long hair?, guess what..."

Last edited:
I like her method of stretching in twists, then using African threading method over the twists. Think I will try that for Vday.

I've done it once before, but I can't remember what the results were like. I need to try it again.

Her hair looked a lot better in this video than it did when she did the original vid.

I think I may know how this happened. First of all, I feel bad for her. Something similar happened to me years ago when I jumped in the shower after taking out braids that I had in. As soon as the water hit my dry hair, it was a matted mess. I think for her the gel dried the hair and possibly using conditioner and oil on dry hair before the water hit it could have helped. The gel without oil and conditioner first just makes the hair contract. When I had my matting incident, I was frantic. I went to Brooklyn after work to buy some Take Down hair cream, slathered my hair with the whole bottle and went to work the next day with a shower cap covered with a scarf AND a Yankees hat. It took me hours to detangle over 2 days with the end of a rattail comb, but I saved my hair. I just wish she could have gotten help before cutting her hair. I'm getting ready to BC because of a setback. I know when my hair doesn't look like I want it to, it can make me feel a bit blah. My heart goes out to her.
Hiya, I sent you a PM as well but I thought I would reply on here just in case you preferred. I'm seriously considering getting a Gina Curl but I am worried that like the previous 2 times I got a Curly Perm I will love it at first but eventually the damage sets in and I'll have to end up BCing again. Is it truly as damage free as she makes out on her IG and youtube? How come you have decided to BC? Hope you can help! Thanks in advance!

Her response to the folks that think she over reacted:

Yes girl, tell them the metaphor girl!! Thank you. I like how she told the trolls what she ment by the title (not that they should need an explanation). I knew what she ment by "Youtube broke my hair" it wasn't meant to be litteral! I felt so hurt for her. And that statement "Hair is just hair " is so dumb. You take time, patience, money, energy and love to grow hair long and to have it break off is HIGHLY DEVASTATING...let her have her moment if she wants to have a moment.

I tilt my hat to her.

Last edited:
Yes girl, tell them the metaphor girl!! Thank you. I like how she told the trolls what she ment by the title (not that they should need an explanation). I knew what she ment by "Youtube broke my hair" it wasn't meant to be litteral! I felt so hurt for her. And that statement "Hair is just hair " is so dumb. You take time, patience, money, energy and love to grow hair long and to have it break off is HIGHLY DEVASTATING...let her have her moment if she wants to have a moment.

I tilt my hat to her.

I totally agree. It takes most of us a lot of time, money and trial and error to see progress. We don’t take our hard work lightly.

Back