Your Spouse Gets A Fed Ex Package.......

Do you open the goods?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrickbyBrick

from his job. Signature required. He's at work. You have the package. You're waiting on hearing if he gets a pay raise. You can't call or text given the nature of his job.

Do you open it? :look:

What say you LHCF?

I reserve the right to open any and all mail that comes to this house.
This is not out of the ordinary I'm the mail person I sort it and give
him his. Sometimes is it opened and sometimes I let him do the honors.

Because this is specifically about him and his career I'd sign for it
and let him do the honors.

We as women need to be a lil selfish and put ourselves first
this is not one of those times. If it isn't good news you don't want
the fact that you opened it be a reason for you two to have a falling out

Actually, I did text him right after putting up the poll. He told me to go ahead and open it. It was HR stuff...not moolah related at all. Man...served me right. Though I must say it was fun to see where people fell on the spectrum when it comes to these kinds of things.

Thank you, ladies.

So when do we find out about this raise. I'm ready to pop bottles and celebrate!

I grew up knowing it was okay to open the household's mail. However, as an adult who often got the previous resident's mail and learning it was a federal crime to open mail, I got used to not opening any mail without my name on it. Ultimately, I don't think I mind either way but I just got accustomed to not opening.

Unless a husband and wife have an agreement to open each other's mail, than it's okay. However, I personally wouldn't open his mail unless he agrees to it. I respect that he'd prefer to be the original viewer of it. You did the right thing to call him because if / when something arrives via Fed-x, etc., it usually requires special attention, asap. Letting him know it arrived is the right thing to do.

Back