Your Spouse Gets A Fed Ex Package.......

Do you open the goods?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously either one of us can open our mail, but I don't open his mail and he doesn't open mine.

It's not a big deal if either of us did, but I appreciate the little boundaries we allow each other. There is no right or wrong I think. Just different ways couples agree to approach their relationships.

When I was a kid at home with my parents my father used to open everyone’s mail that came in the box including my Mothers. Remember back in those days there was no texting & emailing. Relatives far away and friends even your job or responders to applications often sent letters. He couldn’t even read that well. Just dang nosy, controlling and bossy. You could get a letter or something and be standing right there when he brought the mail in. He would still open it in your face and read it and then ask you, who , what where and why! His actions made me loathe that behavior.

It was an invasion of privacy and disrespectful to all of us at the time. When I got married I never started opening my husbands mail because of that. He gets many pkgs. I’m a sahw now so I take in all the mail and pkgs but it’s always waiting for him unopened when he gets home. He doesn’t open mine either.

My Niece sends her mail to my house too. It can be waiting for her for weeks unopened. If it looks like she has something important I call her and let her know and she’ll tell me if she wants me to open it.

That’s just my personal experience.

When I was a kid at home with my parents my father used to open everyone’s mail that came in the box including my Mothers. Remember back in those days there was no texting & emailing. Relatives far away and friends even your job or responders to applications often sent letters. He couldn’t even read that well. Just dang nosy, controlling and bossy. You could get a letter or something and be standing right there when he brought the mail in. He would still open it in your face and read it and then ask you, who , what where and why! His actions made me loathe that behavior.

It was an invasion of privacy and disrespectful to all of us at the time. When I got married I never started opening my husbands mail because of that. He gets many pkgs. I’m a sahw now so I take in all the mail and pkgs but it’s always waiting for him unopened when he gets home. He doesn’t open mine either.

My Niece sends her mail to my house too. It can be waiting for her for weeks unopened. If it looks like she has something important I call her and let her know and she’ll tell me if she wants me to open it.

That’s just my personal experience.

This was my experience growing up. My mother would always open my mail. When I was in college, if I came home for the weekend any mail I received would be sitting on my desk, opened. My husband works from home, so he is always receiving packages for work. I never open them unless he asks me to. I open his junk mail because I hate clutter and weeks will go by before he opens it if I don't.

When I was married I didn’t open any of his mail...in fact he was the mail getter, sort, and distributor. He didn’t open any of mine. I didn’t pay not nare bill in our house, so I could care less about what mail came in for him or who it came from...as long as nothing compromised our white picket fence and his ability to maintain it. :look:

This goes for anyone in my household - DH included. :drunk::rose:

dc5a4cfc8afba4e741a92d18f607211f--mexican-memes-funny-memes.jpg

I wouldn't and I wouldn't want him to open mine. I feel like it allows me to have some personal space but he can look at whatever package I open because it's nothing special.

Back