Your Man And Instagram "models"

Group chat you say??!!!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Lol, yea its a guys group chat. Most of them are married in it. Are group chats a no no too?

Lol, yea its a guys group chat. Most of them are married in it. Are group chats a no no too?

It depends. Is it a group chat for troubleshooting issues related to the latest coding project, DIY project in the shed/garage, that noise in the motorcycle’s engine, etc...or some chat group for men (including married) who stalk IG “models”? Huge difference.

Bottom line: he should be fully comfortable with you reading everything that’s communicated in the group chat. There are some toxic “married” men out there (and dare I say with enabling wives). So just having married men in the chat group doesn’t mean the men in there are respectful of their marriage/wives/girlfriends.

Personal communications is a door opener for more. It's not a guarantee, but it definitely opens the door for feelings to start forming, which leads to cheating (emotional cheating up to physical/sexual cheating). There are levels to this, but he's approaching level 1.

Personal communications is a door opener for more. It's not a guarantee, but it definitely opens the door for feelings to start forming, which leads to cheating (emotional cheating up to physical/sexual cheating). There are levels to this, but he's approaching level 1.

He's not messaging the women they have a "groupme" thread with his college guy friends and they posted pics in their thread of the IG models, jokes all kinds of stuff.

The IG models photo flashed across his phone with text under it as a new post one of the guys made, which started the dialogue.

He's not messaging the women they have a "groupme" thread with his college guy friends and they posted pics in their thread of the IG models, jokes all kinds of stuff.

The IG models photo flashed across his phone with text under it as a new post one of the guys made, which started the dialogue.
Aahhhh! That clarifies it. I thought the guys and the women were communicating. I feel so much better knowing this.

Thanks for the responses ladies..

I entered my first relationship two months ago of the last 10 years. I wasn't sure if this was normal behaviour in the social media age of dating.

His ratio of Instagram model following is 3:68.

I don't particularly LIKE it, but wasn't sure if I was overreacting. I haven't brought it up. I'm sure he'd unfollow if I asked, but I wonder if it's pointless seeing as he could just check the accounts anyway without following.

ETA: He's 29.

Ah! So I probably wouldn't trip over just 3. Is he scrolling through IG a lot? I think I am following like 2 celebrity crushes on IG, but I'm barely on there and haven't looked at their pages in over a year. I just never unfollowed. I know guys who are following dozens of these accounts and checking them daily. That would be an issue for me. But it really comes down to what makes you feel comfortable.

Back