you know your hair is getting healthier when...

I'm glad you mentioned this. When I got my rollerset last month, they used the large gray rollers--shocked the heck outta me! :lol: A couple of months before that, the purple rollers were the largest ones used on my head. I was pleased. :D

cluelessaka said:
- when they pull out the large rollers for your rollerset
-when you hear people debating if its a weave cause its thick and shiny.

-your hair is soft to the touch and not breaking
-you get compliments on it all the time
-it's mistaken as a weave or wig

When you dont find any broken hairs in the bathroom sink after you after you comb it;

When people compliment you on how beautiul the texture of your hair is;

When you see your hair finally making some progress, and it is without the help of a hairstylist.

- When your hair looks like a wig. I had a rollerset done and it looked like a curly wig. A good curly wig though, LOL.

- When you wash your hair and can feel the weight of your hair on your back.

- When you tell people you rinse your hair every day and no one tries to debate about it because your hair is long and thick.

- The woman doing your hair tells you it looks great.

when your stylist asks is that a wig ? or is it your hair?:lol:
when friends think you put tracks in the back ;)
when every style makes me smile :)

When I broke a comb.

I'd lost a lot of hair in about a two inch circle on my head and that's where my hair is normally the thickest. When I broke my trusty big red comb I knew it was getting healthy again.

When my friend D pets my hair. Odd I know but I'm odd.

I combes on wet hair/air dry hair with less tangles
combs and see my texture bounce whiles combing
less hair during wash
use hot and see no hair all over place
hair feels like silk after airdrying
hold moisture well
my hair look thick after relaxer retouch
strengh relaxer with any trouble
tha all i can think of for now cause some of this all been ready mention:)

cluelessaka said:
- when they pull out the large rollers for your rollerset
-when you hear people debating if its a weave cause its thick and shiny.

I agree with the rollers
my hair is softer and manageable
my stylist comments on how much growth I have.
someone asks if I am wearing a wig.
I have less shedding

When you can wear your hair down and it still looks done, with or without heat. You know your hair and ends are on point then :lol:

You or your stylist can't find a thing to trim.

and cosigning the hair looking like a wig.:lol:

-you haven't combed it for two weeks and you still have less tangles than you thought.
- when your ends look great without trims

I FINALLY have something to add here! :dance7:

When I part my hair to braid it and the parts are skinnier
When my "five-head" has become a forehead
When it stays moistureized with less product
When I can style my hair AFTER I get dressed since no broken hairs will be all over my back
When someone calls your hair thick and you thought it would never be thick again

KiniKakes said:
That's a good one! I forgot about the weave comments!!! :lol: Thats the highest form of a compliment, in my opinion. You know you've "made it" when you over hear the murmured weave comments/speculation. :lachen:

Boy that's good to hear...I went home this weekend and people couldn't believe that this was my hair. They thought that it was a weave until I let them feel it:grin:

another one is when people offer to do your hair. No one ever offered to do my hair when it was short, but now I'm getting people asking if they could do my hair for free!

When you go to aveda store and ask for the damage remedy line and the rep insist I don't need it lol,

When your tub of conditioner is finish with a few deep conditions and it normally last you way longer,

When you go through plastic caps like madness because your hair stretches out the plastic cap and you got to get cuctum plastic caps for all that hair lol,

When I'm sick with asthma in the emergency room and the damn nurses asking about my hair and I have on an oxygen mask lol

cheetarah1980 said:
When my shrunken fro is the size my stretched fro used to be a year ago.

That's a good one lol,

I have 1 more thing to add
When you told your friends about your new found love for your hair and try to encourage them to take care of there hair and they don't listen, and when they see your hair how healthy it looks they calling you and asking you what to buy because they are in the beauty supply store the next day and they don't have an idea what to purchase lol

When you got that "swang" and your hair is only shoulder length.
When your hair is blinging after being flat iron and you put no products in it except for the Nexxus heat protexx spray.

guesswho said:
That's a good one lol,

I have 1 more thing to add
When you told your friends about your new found love for your hair and try to encourage them to take care of there hair and they don't listen, and when they see your hair how healthy it looks they calling you and asking you what to buy because they are in the beauty supply store the next day and they don't have an idea what to purchase lol

Good one. I am going thru this right now. The sames one that said i was obssessed and made the "IT'S JUST HAIR" comments are calling and asking what products to buy.

When your hair stylist is so happy at how well the conditioning, body and health of your hair improved. He'll run his hands through your hair after blowing it dry and say in awe: wow just like silk!!!:lol:

-when the start of new growth on your scalp doesn't send you into a panic :whyme: because you know it can be successfully managed.
-when you pause to think about it and realize that you actually have started to like your hair. :p

ajoyfuljoy said:
-when the start of new growth on your scalp doesn't send you into a panic :whyme: because you know it can be successfully managed.
-when you pause to think about it and realize that you actually have started to like your hair. :p

Good point!:yep: I love playing around with my NG now, and I'm not worried about my roots looking "nappy" or unmanageable.

preciousjewel76 said:
Good point!:yep: I love playing around with my NG now, and I'm not worried about my roots looking "nappy" or unmanageable.

same here. i love how curly and soft my new growth is.

Back