You know what I'm sick of...(Rant)

MizaniMami

Since I been doing this no heat thing, I've been wearing pony tails and other styles, that are not straight!

People around me act like I am commiting a sin! They come up to me and say 'What's up with that hair?," "Oooh girl!" "What, you didn't have time to wrap your hair?" or even "You must be sick!":eek:

Now ya'll, I'm not the flyest thing in Cincinnati but I won't toot my own horn but stay looking nice *Toot Toooot*. Even my no heat styles aren't completely busted. I am sick and tired of people acting like I am commiting a sin or that I am not "gooming" correctly just because I am choosing not to wear my hair in a wrap or down like everybody else!

Like today, I have my hair in two little Indian French braids. The hair is nice and slicked down and it has a nice straight/wave pattern to it. Nice and shiny and smells like coconut oil (which is my new love lol) and Aveda. I'm thinking I look kinda cute, in a little girl kinda way and somebody comes up to me and say "Oooh girl, what's up with that hair? Oh, you must have just got finished washing it?"

By this time I was heeeeated! I just kept walking like I didn't hear her.

Have you ladies experienced this since you have been bunning/poytailing/no-heating? If so, vent away!

The biggest offender for me is my mother. lol.:lol:

Always talking about how my hair looks poofy and giving me funny looks. She is partly serious, but I think that she mainly does it to mess with me. She knows my ways by now. Even when I use heat my hair has a tendency to get poofy.

I understand "Mami"! When I first really started to take care of my by using no heat, some of the ladies at work would say all kinds of things..."Looks like its time for a relaxer"..."Looks like its time to plug in that curling iron"... But as my hair started to grow longer and thicker, the comments have ceased and now they are saying..."what are you using?" , "Maybe I need to try that". And it always seems like the girls with the most dry, uneven, greasy hair are the first ones to talk!

Mami, you did the best thing by walking away because pretty soon, the same people will be coming up to you asking you for advice!

:lachen: Mami I feel you.. My co-workers are the worst. sometimes I wish that I never told them about my no heat bun challenge and they taunt me cuz they know how bad I want long hair.

Last edited:
ms-tyler said:
Mami I feel you.. My boyfriend had t ajust in a major way, I started my bun challenge in Feb. now that it's may he has adjusted, he knows how bad I want long hair.:lachen:

You know what, my sis first and then my SO has been my biggest supporters. He used to think it was "crazy" now he's all combing my hair, trying to get the best pics from the back for me! It is so cute.
It's so cute how guys get all into it once we do.

I only had that problem with my mother. It didn't matter how nice my hair looked, it it was straightened, it looked like crap to her. I had to learn to ignore it. The last time I didn't ignore it, I ended up with a bad haircut.

I think some people just don't get it. I told my mom that I was trying to grow my hair back by using less heat ( usually 1 per 3 months) and streching relaxers. When the new growth is obvious and my hair is big, she is always encouraging me to press the sides and back or flat iron the roots. It's like she just doesn't get it.

I understand how ya feel. People think I'm "going through" something when my hair is just in a pony tail. Then you really can't tell them what you're goals are cause they just don't understand. Sometimes you have to consider the source. Look at their hair. It may look good but it will most likely stay at that length.

I know what you mean i am natural and have not used heat since march trying to make it to memorial day and every one has something to say about my hair
but i like it puffy wavy curly kinky what ever they choose to call it

thats really cheeky! i cant believe people would say that..in england u can probabley get arrested for that shish lmaoaoao

anky said:
All the people that talked bad about my hair barely had any. Just pop your collar and brush it off.

Exaaactly! So when I finally did wear my hair out a few weeks ago ppl was all like "girl what you be using" I was looking like "wasn't you just doggin' me last week:confused: "

I can't wait until this hair grow out.

Back