You break-up with a guy and he sends you a thank you note- two months later?

Bmack

How would you take this?

This happened to a friend of mine. She just dumped a guy about 2-3 months ago- She said that she did not want him anymore and just stopped seeing him. In the beginning she would get calls from him (I think she enjoyed his begging), but then he stopped and suddenly. Then just yesterday he sent her a thank you note...not saying why. Just saying, thank you.:ohwell:

How would you take this?

This happened to a friend of mine. She just dumped a guy about 2-3 months ago- She said that she did not want him anymore and just stopped seeing him. In the beginning she would get calls from him (I think she enjoyed his begging), but then he stopped and suddenly. Then just yesterday he sent her a thank you note...not saying why. Just saying, thank you.:ohwell:

I think he's playing games and I would just ignore it. He could be trying to say he found someone else and he's happy that she dumped him. It sounds like he's not still over your friend though.

He's probably thanking her because he found someone he likes better. That's probably why he stopped blowing up her phone too.

He just wants attention, I would ignore him. If he'd found someone better, why would he even be thinking of his ex. :rolleyes:

Hmm, that was pretty dramatic to send a thank you note...:ohwell:
He could be testing her to see her reaction, and if she'll freak out and want him back?:perplexed

Maybe he found someone else, perhaps he grew a pair, but whatever it is, the "Thank You" note is funny as hell! :lol:

I think he's playing games and I would just ignore it. He could be trying to say he found someone else and he's happy that she dumped him. It sounds like he's not still over your friend though.

That's exactly what it is.

Secondly, he's childish. If I were your friend, trash it and KIM. He's trying to get some kind of contact out of her for sure. This note leaves to many questions and it's exactly what he wants. Ignore it and and maybe he'll go away.

that's so immature of him. Sure, I can think of occasions where I am grateful a relationship has ended (after the fact) but to actually literally MAIL out the card? Childish.

could be one of two things. . .1) He's just trying to get attention and figures an open thank you note will warrant her calling him for further explanation which could lead to communicating with her 2) He has found a new one and is thanking her for letting him go now there is still the chance that he could be crazy and in that case, tell ur friend to secure the thank you note in case it's needed for evidence. . . .im just sayin.

He's a damn drama queen and childish :rolleyes:

You're def not over someone if you feel the need to write a thank you card. Who does that?

He wants attention from her and he thinks the stupid note will spark her to call and inquire why he sent it which opens the door to communication again. Tell your friend not to fall for it.

Oh and he has not found anyone... he is still lonely and solo!

She should definitely ignore him.

But it would be funny if you replied back - 'You are certainly welcome' and maintained no contact with him. Turn the tables and leave it as opened ended as he has - leave him to his own vices to figure it out as he probably wants her to ask him why he's thanking her so he could unload but he won't get the satisfaction.

Perhaps her breaking up with him allowed him the time to reflect upon who he is and he feels he is better for it.

She should definitely ignore him.

But it would be funny if you replied back - 'You are certainly welcome' and maintained no contact with him. Turn the tables and leave it as opened ended as he has - leave him to his own vices to figure it out as he probably wants her to ask him why he's thanking her so he could unload but he won't get the satisfaction.

:lachen:A "your welcome" card would be funny as h#ll!

Of course, I don't think he's worth the time, or the money spent on a card/stamp, though.

I like the idea of the you're welcome card but tht would be giving the fool waaaaay too much attention. As Anthony from SATC would say "NEXT!!!"

Whatever it means, she shouldn't respond. Although, I had a guy break up with me (turned out he was married) and less than a month later, I met the man who would become my husband. I used to think that (back when it was still fresh), if I saw the guy again, I would've perhaps thanked him.

Back