Would you respond?

Thanks for all the advice. It's just baffles me how a man can go from extreme thirsty behavior to get you and then do this. I guess it is all about the chase. Everything is a game with these men. I'm so done :/

For those asking we seriously dated 3 mos, (I'm not including the period of flaky behavior in this figure). but he pursued me for like a year.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. It's just baffles me how a man can go from extreme thirsty behavior to get you and then do this. I guess it is all about the chase. Everything is a game with these men. I'm so done :/

For those asking we seriously dated 3 mos, (I'm not including the period of flaky behavior in this figure). but he pursued me for like a year.

That and one of my friends explained it as ego. When they pursue you and you reject them their ego is bruised so they want to make you really like them/fall in love/lust just so they can turn around and 'break your heart' lol this was a woman btw but I've heard this echoed by some men

I have nothing to add except, my honey text me good morning beautiful every morning. ❤️

Anyway, thanks to all those who came with relevant and helpful replies pertaining to the topic.

The weekend is coming and I'll be on to the next man. I'll update if Mr Flake decides to reappear.

My advice would be to ignore, but me being me, I would respond by saying "who is this" or "that's nice". Then I would block his number.

On and off topic....do these tactless women...& men suffer from personality disorders or nah? Not enough hugs from mom and dad? Help me understand.

Gosh, I'm torn.... :ohwell:

On one hand, 5 days is a LONG time..... I mean, you guys were dating for how long again???

But on the OTHER hand... Idk.... I have always heard from men AND women that once men have "caught" you, they usually draw back a little bit (either now because they're no longer in the "hunter" mentality, OR because they feel like they can ease up and relax a little bit now that they know you are also on the same page).... It's just natural. I don't think ANY man continues on pursuing a woman with the SAME intensity he did when he was first trying to get you.

I'm not saying he should be lazy, but to expect the SAME type/level of intensity and contact as he was doing in the beginning?? :look: I think that's somewhat unrealistic. :perplexed

WITH THAT SAID HOWEVER....... I DO feel that 5 days IS quite a long time to go with not even a text hello or "how was your day today?" That's no bueno. :nono: Not only that, but it's kind of rude. :naughty:

I think the no contact idea is good....Or, maybe just respond REALLY REALLY late (maybe a day or two later) and say: "Oh boy, I've been so busy lately! Hope you're doing well!" and leave it like that.

TRUST me... a man who is REALLY into you will immediately get back on his "A-Game" and will contact you a little more frequently because in HIS mind he's wondering if maybe you've gotten "bored" and have entertained the interest of other men. :giggle: Make sure to mention that you've been "oh so busy" and see what he does/says.... :look:

He's no dummy lol.

But if he's really not interested, he'll be perfectly OKAY with you being "busy" and won't even wonder what you've been up to. :perplexed If that happens, and MORE time goes by in between contact, DON'T contact him.... :naughty: And if he DOES try to contact you, just say: "Hey, you know I'm thinking that this isn't really working out. I think maybe we want different things out of a relationship, so I think it's best if we go our separate ways...." :look:

Great Great Advice! Point On!

On and off topic....do these tactless women...& men suffer from personality disorders or nah? Not enough hugs from mom and dad? Help me understand.

Now you sound like a bitter jerk yourself. You should've stayed classy and ignored her.

People who intentionally post to irritate or insult the OP or people like the man we are discussing who went ghost for 5 days?
i just saw this. I did not intentionally post to irritate or insult the op. Like I said I had nothing to add to the advice. I knew the usual gang of leave him girl, women would be in here. But if that's how y'all saw it I can't help who get their panties in a bunch about a post that did not specifically mention anyone by name or say anything out of the box about or to anyone. I saw the good morning beautiful and it made me think of my honey. Anything after that flew out of my head and I posted.

i just saw this. I did not intentionally post to irritate or insult the op. Like I said I had nothing to add to the advice. I knew the usual gang of leave him girl, women would be in here. But if that's how y'all saw it I can't help who get their panties in a bunch about a post that did not specifically mention anyone by name or say anything out of the box about or to anyone. I saw the good morning beautiful and it made me think of my honey. Anything after that flew out of my head and I posted.

Okay.

OP looking forward to your updates. It will be interesting to see how it goes with him.

Back