Why do guys text all day long but can't call?

Men text all day because it helps the day go by faster. They are bored and texting is fun and instant. Also for some, they are away from the wives and significant others so, they can.

Sometimes they dont call because they just dont want to talk to you. (I can be the same way) Sometimes people just dont want a real convo because they are just happy and content with the fast-instant-temporary-in-the-moment connection texting provides.

Its shallow, but thats the point. Theyre probably not looking for a real connection.

BINGO! :yep:

I'm not much of a "phone person" either, but I have to admit that when I'm talking to a REALLY good friend, or a guy I'm REALLY into and the topic is REALLY good....then I LOVE talking on the phone! :yep:

IMO if a man hasn't called you after texting you for 2 months, then he's not really all that interested. :imo:

TBH, this is not dating, IMO. I've stated this in previous posts, but if a guy is not calling you, he's just not that into you. Seriously. Especially after you've asked him to call and he is defiantly refusing to do so. When a guy is interested, he his interested in impressing you, making you happy, and trying to get to know you, even at the expense of his inconvenience sometimes. There is only so much you can know about someone through texts. You don't get tone, context, inflections, etc. from texts. I really wouldn't consider him a serious candidate and if you guys haven't been on a date then :perplexed, I mean, I got nothing else for you.

:amen: :thankyou:

I couldn't have said it better myself. :yep:

This guy is either hiding something, or he's just keeping his options open. He's not ready for a REAL connection w/you. Either he's not really all that interested, OR he's got another girl somewhere. :look:

WHATEVER his deal is, I say cut him loose. I don't have time for men who just want to text non-stop w/out calling me in the "Getting to Know You" stage. :nono2:

I stopped talking to this guy I met from online for this very reason...I like texting if we are both working, but a call is not hard to do...

Last edited:
Imo, we've kind of become more detached communicators as a whole since texting, social networks etc have been accepted as the go-to mode of communication behind face to face interaction. Not too much of a problem when it comes to long-time/distant friends but it is in romantic relationships, imo.

I personally think if a man is interested enough, he will still pick up the phone because he will want to hear your voice, laugh etc. If a nudge needs to happen though, it should be done very quickly to establish a standard. A man to continually avoiding non-verbal communication is a no-go but if a woman fails to set a standard soon then she's partially at fault too, imo.

Last edited:
Dont talk or text him for a few days. I betchu get a call then.

sent from the nebula quadrant 2-4-niner-foxtrot

I told him to leave me alone. He texted okay and that was the last I heard of him. At this point I really don't have any interest in him. Just another case of what could've been I guess -rolls eyes-

I like texting, but I try to limit it with guys that I'm still in the early stages of talking to. I generally limit those to setting up times to meet up in person, or specific questions. I don't even honk it's intentional, if I don't know you like that it'll be hard to hold my interest via text.

I think texting is convenient for people who really are very busy and have a lot going on, but there must be some voice communication somewhere, either via phone or in person.

Lol he said ok so there you have it, he wasn't really interested. Move on. I was going to say I'm not really a phone person I prefer texting but not in the beginning phase. We can text to meet up and talk bur there needs to be either phone conversation or meeting up in there somewhere.

excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.

I'm guilty of this. I'm not a phone person at all....I love texting.

This wouldn't be a good way to start off a relationship so I see where you're coming from.

i'm definitely a texter...the only thing i dont like about texting is sometimes you wait forever for a response/its easy to ignore a text, and sometimes tone isnt really translated well via text...but i hate talking on the phone...if its something deep that i dont feel like texting, then i'll tell you in person, but i'll only call if its absolutely necessary...

I'm not a texter---especially if its when you are trying to get to know someone. It is such a turn off. Now don't get me wrong i do have one guy that we text all the time and barely talk at all on the phone--but we aren't together and its not going any further then us being friends.

But I've told a couple of guys when I first met them if they are serial texters to pick up the phone and call or else they wont be hearing from me again.

I met one guy and thats what he did so after our first date i let him know and asked him about why he text me so much even after he got off from work and both of us are sitting by the phone so when we finished our date i went to the mall and missed the phone call instead of answering he doesnt answer but wants to text me so we stopped talkin anyway i think for other reasons bcuz im sure he probably had a woman or something was going on...

Then my ex he was a serial texter and when we first met he texted me late--i mean late one night a couple of text. This is when we had just met. I woke up the next morning called him up early just to tell him about his text messages(because he sent like 2 to 4--u know they were long)had my phone going off all late. And I told him right then look if you can't pick up the phone at a respectful hour and you are just going to be texting me forget about getting a answer or a call at that time of night or any other time. From then we were good bcuz it was either my way or the highway especially about the communication.

To me communication is so important.....so i can see maybe texting if both people are at work and can't be on the phone like that or somewhere you don't want to be loud on the phone talkin over a personal convo---but this is after you know this person.

I disagree with that article that was posted.

For instance, when the writer says, " When a man doesn't take the time to PROPERLY communicate with you. . ." that comes along with the value system that verbally speaking to someone is the right/acceptable way to communicate. That is simply not true for a lot of ppl, including me.

I understand how it can be annoying, esp in the early stages. . .and I mean if he NEVER calls, then yeah that's a little annoying/possibly weird. But I just don't think you can say he doesnt like a chick bc of that fact alone. It depends on what you talk about when you text each other. I dont think *most* ppl (esp those under 30) look at texting as a "Special instance" mean of communication.

Text me, call me, BBM me - it all means you are talking to me and we are having private, 1 on 1 conversation. Same ish lol

Lmao what could you really talk about via text?

what were yall relying on before cellphones?

THANK YOU!! :thankyou:

I'm sorry...but technology has tried to make it "appear" as if the proper and some of the most oldest forms of communication (talking FACE to FACE or over the phone) are somehow "outdated" or not needed.....But in MY opinion...that is a complete farse. :nono:

What were people don't before cellphones/texting was invented? Umm...they were either talking on the phone, OR going out IN PERSON on dates. Hello??!?! :confused:

Most guys who have been genuinely interested in me and who wanted to make ME their #1 priorty ALWAYS called me. Texting was 2nd to calling. So if a guy is doing nothing but texting, and he knows you for longer than an hour...then yes...I'd say he's probably not all that interested. He maybe somewhat interested...but you're not his number 1 priority.

Guys who are are really interested and ready for a relationship w/you WANT to call you and hear your voice, hear you laugh, giggle, etc. Ask any guy who's really into a girl right now if he'd prefer to text her or call her....and see what he says. :yep:

I do tell him to call me. He texts okay and never calls but then has the nerve to text me again.

He's in a relationship, married and/or juggling multiple women. A man that can't call you, ever, has something to hide and he is not looking for a serious relationship (if that is what you're seeking).

i hate when men txt alot, so i establish upfront that unless we are at work that i expect phone calls. i have always felt like the ladesi have stated in this thread that men who txt alot are not that into you or have something to hide. when you txt alot you have to be careful because things can get lost in translation and be misintrepreted.

Do you think this goes the other way around too?

Do you think guys want us to call more than text? or take it personally if you text more than you call? The stereotype is that we are the chatty sex...

Im talking this guy in another state n we do alot of texting. He does work 2jobs so i guess its understandable somehow but im still aggriated I wld like to talk on the phone sometimes......

Back