• Yes

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No

Votes: 243 92.0%
  • Maybe/depends

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted no. I don't agree with this at all. :nono: He has beautiful hair, but it doesn't need to be straightened.

IDK Hair is a cultural and often religious thing. In most cultures hair is seen as a gift from god, and the hair would be styled and decorated in celebration of their relationship to their god. I think instictively most women what to style their sons hair, especially if it is long. I feel sorry for men, esspecially black men in America, because they usually don't know what to do with their hair because of American society. Americans have always hated men with long hair, Settlers would shave and cut the hair of Native American, Chinese, and Incan men to Americanize them. I think long hair is very attractive on men esspecially native american and Asian men. I also think that your hair is your honor and you should respect it and that long hair, and the styling of that hair is a symble of your respect.

I didn't watch the video buuut...

If my son wanted his hair straight I would let him get it straightened.

There is a big stigma that certain things are designated by gender. That bothers me. So just because a girl is a girl, she cannot play with toy trucks and vice versa with boys and 'girl' toys?

He has long hair, and if for the sake of showing his length, he wanted it straight I would straighten it(flat iron, nooo press and comb).

A really good friend of mine, has individual braids with his real hair and he looks nice IMO although, box braids are supposedly only for girls.

ETa: I started to watch it and that boy looks like he is in tender head. lol He's too young to be going through all that.

Last edited:
Uh beautiful boy, very nice hair, but that video is hard to watch. I stopped at 1:21 - what kind of clueless so and so thinks he can use that for a sales video when the model is so uncomfortable?? smh

I didn't watch the video buuut...

If my son wanted his hair straight I would let him get it straightened.

There is a big stigma that certain things are designated by gender. That bothers me. So just because a girl is a girl, she cannot play with toy trucks and vice versa with boys and 'girl' toys?

He has long hair, and if for the sake of showing his length, he wanted it straight I would straighten it.

A really good friend of mine, has individual braids with his real hair and he looks nice IMO although, box braids are supposedly only for girls.

^^ Not in my neck of the woods. The only people I see wearing them are boys, and younger men - and they're very popular and I agree they look very good. The women otoh are very perm/weave/wig centric.

^^ Not in my neck of the woods. The only people I see wearing them are boys, and younger men - and they're very popular and I agree they look very good. The women otoh are very perm/weave/wig centric.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with growing your hair and styling it. Some men want length but don't want braids. They do low pig tails but in no way do I see that as an automatic sign that someone is homosexual. That's ridiculous!!

My mom straightened my brother's hair once. He went to high school like that one day and then came home and wanted it out. He was big man on campus so I doubt he got teased. I guess I need to ask him what happened that day.

I am really not opposed to men having long hair...especially when it is curly or in it's natural state...But the sitting down getting it pressed and curled is a bit too much for even the most feminine man....My BIL has long hair and it is curly he's like a 3c/4a and he keeps it in a ponytail or cornrows and it is actually becoming ...But he is in the entertainment business so he can get away with it more easily...there are a lot of professions that discriminate against it, but won't admit it ..not that it is right...but they do not feel it looks professional.....Let a man walk up in a lawyers office with a press and curl or long hair in general for that matter and see how quickly he gets selected...they will find a reason to not hire him even though we all know the real reason is his appearance if he is qualified for the position..No pimps allowed on the payroll in their opinion

Last edited:
My son has long hair, and I only flat iron it for trims, it is only worn straight in the house. I keep it braided, twisted, ponied or occasionally a fro.

NO, NEVER, NO!!! This incessant desire to feminize little boys is just terrible. When I saw the creator's photo on the video, I was :lachen:. When he said the purple stuff will make the hair like it's "Indian" I was :nono:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. I was like, "I know he didn't just say that!"

I wouldn't buy the product because he said that and because of all the typos in the video. And how many time did he have to say, "22 amino acid, water soluble"?

And to answer the question, HECKY NAW I wouldn't press and curl a little boy's hair. And if the little boy was with SO... :nono: :nono:

I used to press my homeboy's hair for them all the time...but it was for when they got braids...that is the only reason...lol

My son has long hair, and I only flat iron it for trims, it is only worn straight in the house. I keep it braided, twisted, ponied or occasionally a fro.

see, this is what i'm saying... when i pop out a kid and it happens to be a boy who wants long hair, then great, go for it. so long as it doesnt look a HAM and so long as you dont look like a pimp. when you're grown and out my house if you want a pimp press and curl fine... but as long as i'm feeding you NO PIMPS ALLOWED! i'm sorry, i know that hair is a cultural thing. really i get this. but a flipped and feathered do on a boy/man is like the universal sign for a PIMP and i wouldnt want my child to be mistaken for a pimp or pimp like activities (perception is reality)

Im pregnant now If it is a little boy ( I dont find out until next week cant wait) I would not press his hair I may allow him to have a lil curly fro when he gets a bit older but no I would never press it.

I wouldn't press it, I don't see the point. Little boys, children in general are extremely active and I can't imagine how he could keep it looking decent. Heck, I rarely straighten mine anymore because I work out daily. I don't have a problem with the long hair, it wouldn't fly with dh though, lol. Oh, and his hair looked weighed down and greasy, I'll pass on your magic cream.

I think it is up to the him. I personally like the little boy's curly hair, but if he wanted it straightened (and it didn't really look like he was enjoying the process) then he should have it straightened.

It is not cultural or religious for boys of African descent to wear their hair pressed and then curled.
Long hair on a boy is fine but not straightened. Why does a boy need heat straightened hair? What kind of message is trying to be conveyed?

It is not cultural or religious for boys of African descent to wear their hair pressed and then curled.
Long hair on a boy is fine but not straightened. Why does a boy need heat straightened hair? What kind of message is trying to be conveyed?

that pimpin aint easy so start early??? :lachen:

If you're gonna talk about "moister", at least learn how to spell it right :nono:

But yeah, I agree the long straight hair does look weird on a little black dude. Hey, I think I should have that hair instead, it's so luscious :lick:

That poor baby. His hair looked better curly. And he looked like he was hating getting it straightened.

No I wouldn't. May be a double standard and sexist to some people (I consider these people extremists) but I wouldn't do it. Plain and simple.

ETA: I don't have a son. If I did though, I wouldn't. Just putting that out there.

I like the boy's faces during the video, it made me laugh although I felt bad for him. Cute kid.
Oh and those are some funky colours for a hair product. Well I guess the pink was okay but the purple is kinda weird.

Last edited:
Did he call that boy's hair "tightly curled?":ohwell:
Did he say from regular hair to almost Indian hair?:lachen:

Last edited:
Man ain't nothing wrong with some long hair on boys!
I love seeing a big ole picked out fro on the little boys! They rock that hair,especially during the summertime:yep:
Love it!!!!

Okay his NATURAL hair is GORGEOUS!

BBD was like...oh this kid has very tight hair like the stuff is 4B or 4C...The kid is 3B...perfection...

If my son's hair was that type, I might consider letting him grow it long.....MIGHT....My husbands hair is that grade and he keeps it short....(we don't have kids yet)...but DH wouldn't go for it....What a shame...Hopefully he has full reversion.

I know I keep posting...but isn't BBD some super-stylist up north? I have seen him in hair magazines from when I was a little girl!

That little boy has some nice hair though. After the blow dry when he was doing the slow shake I was sooo jelly!
ETA smh at the end results. He's got the little boy looking like a little girl

Last edited:
No, that sounds pimptastic.

A_Pimp_Named_Slickback.jpg

Back