WOULD YOU GO...

SouthernJewel

exceeding expectations...
Background:

There is a new guy I am talking to (friend of a friend).Well,he wants to take me out Saturday to Busch Gardens. I so want to go! We are supposed to be flying to Tampa Bay (from Houston).

Dilemma:
I've already told him that I am not interested in a relationship with ANYONE other than a platonic friendship. I dont want him to think that taking me on a trip is going to put him on my "good" side... :perplexed: He says he has no expectations and he doesnt do things to get something in return and :blah: ... My BFF co-signed that he is a nice guy (she dates his friend and knows him).But still...

Would you still go?

Thanks in advance!!

There's nothing similar you can do in your OWN state? Busch Gardens is not going anywhere any time soon. I think you both can do something more local.

There's nothing similar you can do in your OWN state? Busch Gardens is not going anywhere any time soon. I think you both can do something more local.

@ the bolded: Not that I know of.
@ the underlined: I know! But dang! I want to go to Busch Gardens,it sounds so good! :wallbash:

My bday is on Memorial Day and this is his bday gift to me. I am 90% sure that im going to reject the offer.Its just that other 10% thats telling me to go for it! :nono:

Though he says that he has no expectations, don't be surprised if he throws this trip in your face down the line.

With that being said, if you want to go...go! You only live once. Once you get back, just plan a few nice and friendly things for him so that it will feel like an even exchange. If you don't go, give me his number...cause I'm trying to get the hell out of here!:lachen:

Though he says that he has no expectations, don't be surprised if he throws this trip in your face down the line.

With that being said, if you want to go...go! You only live once. Once you get back, just plan a few nice and friendly things for him so that it will feel like an even exchange. If you don't go, give me his number...cause I'm trying to get the hell out of here!:lachen:

I rejected the offer. :ohwell:

Are you in Houston? :look:
Hell it doesn't matter because he gets free flights!! :lachen:

I might have gone with provisions for my own room and extra personal protection like mace, pepper spray and a shank! j/k sort of.

Yeah, I would've kept it local.

I hate to be a killjoy but everyone is nice when that is the side of themselves they choose to show to you. You never know when it's time to pay the piper, so it's best you have no reason to. I am an optimistic person but don't take things from a man early on if you don't have to. Good luck!

Happy early birthday!!!!!

If I thought he was safe to travel with, fun to spend time with and I had my own accomodations on the trip, then I would have gone.

this was my advice.

shooot, no reason to pass up a trip especially since I like amusement parks, traveling, and free stuff.

If I thought he was safe to travel with, fun to spend time with and I had my own accomodations on the trip, then I would have gone.

I might have gone with provisions for my own room and extra personal protection like mace, pepper spray and a shank! j/k sort of.

Yeah, I would've kept it local.

It was going to be a 1-day trip.We were flying out that morning and coming back that night. He didnt sound upset,he understood (atleast thats what he said).

PH: I agree! That was my stance all along. But I loves me some amusement parks so I got a little blinded lol...
Thanks for the early Bday wishes. :grin:

Thanks for the input ladies!

Back