Do You Accept?

I'm guarded with my page also but Facebook has been tricking me sometimes making me think someone requested my friendship. Yet, when I begrudgingly accepted my best friend's cousin it said Friendship Request Sent as if I imitated it and now it was waiting for her approval. I was so mad even though I could have cancelled it

So maybe that happened? They're always trying to force friendships and I don't fall for it anymore.

She just wants to investigate you, so HELL NO!!! It's too early for that mess.

Like someone said up thread - she's going to LOVE what she sees. :gorgeous: That is, if I was trying to let her see..

I'm going to listen to you all and let it sit. I don't plan on seeing him for another couple of weeks anyway.

Last edited:
I'm not here for being sized up this way by the mother of a peasant-courtier trying to get into my court o_O (see Men Don't Love Women Like You :look:). So her request would sit in my purgatory of FB requests until the peasant is upgraded to Court Favourite. Meanwhile I'd ask the peasant to remove pics of me from his social media unless they're group pictures.

She is just being nosy...she probably thinks you want her son and she wants to know what you're all about. I hate when folks do that. This irks me as much as folks who have been around you but say nothing to you whatsoever...then see you post on a mutual friend's wall and wanna friend you...WHY? NOPE.

Am I the only one who could not get into FB? When I first joined I realized that I really wasn't adding friends just because. Then I figured the ones who really are my friends I talk to anyway. I guess for me it got redundant watching certain people give a blow by blow of their whereabouts. I got to the point of my one friend who would post 1000 pics of her kids if she could. Then their was the one who had been with her hubby since high school and EVERY post and pic was about them. The girl would even change his profile pics to pics of them together. I found I wasn't really interested in what conversations would come up and it just got so old to me. I may be just a stick in the mud but it was not for me.

I would just ask him what he'd like.

My page isn't ratchet and by adding her, maybe I could gain more insight on the guy. I could go either way.

Am I the only one who could not get into FB? When I first joined I realized that I really wasn't adding friends just because. Then I figured the ones who really are my friends I talk to anyway. I guess for me it got redundant watching certain people give a blow by blow of their whereabouts. I got to the point of my one friend who would post 1000 pics of her kids if she could. Then their was the one who had been with her hubby since high school and EVERY post and pic was about them. The girl would even change his profile pics to pics of them together. I found I wasn't really interested in what conversations would come up and it just got so old to me. I may be just a stick in the mud but it was not for me.

Maybe you're more of a Twitter or Snapchat person. Personally, I like IG.

You aren't the only one. I had the exact same experience down to the friend with the hubby high school sweet heart posting about nothing else but the two of them, lol. There was nothing of interest on there to hold my attention.

you-in-danger-girl1.gif

She's going to be all up and through your pictures!! Put her on limited profile viewing. Go into your settings and you can set whatever you want her to see on your profile.
This is even too much. I would ignore it.

I just added my mom but she is definitely on my restricted list. I'm not about to let the woman who raised me with the "I'm not one of your little friends" be all up in my business on facebook. No Ma'am!!

As for ole boy's mother, I'd let that friend request sit there. If she asked, I'd let her know that I'm a private person so facebook is for me to keep in touch with my CLOSE friends and family. She is obviously not a part of that group. Nosey. She's probably friends with all his ex-girlfriends too. Anything she knows about me would be first hand through personal interaction or what he tells her. Nothing more.

Back