Would you get married in a suit?

My co-worker did and let me tell you...she was so fly. It just fit her and her personality and she looked good. Her "wedding" was at JOP, about 5 years ago.

I would not get married in a suit, since that is what I wear to work most days. I fell in love with a gown I would love to wear when I marry. Since I am older, I think it suits me more.

Attachments

_5543601-full.jpg

418PYVEdclL._SS260_.jpg

Not a suit but I like this look :look:
Where did these come from?

I could get married in a suit with a skirt, like one of those posted in the second post here.

My grandmother got married in a pretty white blouse and a black pencil skirt...gotta scan the pic. She was very non-traditional and it went well with her no-nonsense attitude :grin:

I'm older, so I think it would be a great option for me.

ETA I like this style
_5505634.jpg
I see this comes from Nordi's How much do you remember? I cant seem to find it.

I would like to wear a traditional dress ( but off white) when the time comes. The only way I would wear a suit is if I had to go to the Justice of the Peace or if it was a second marriage (God forbid!!!!).

Nah. I like dresses, a lot. I like fancy dresses, even more. I don't get many opportunities to wear fancy dresses, so first or fifth (gods forbid!) wedding, I'll be in a dress.

This one would be nice in white :D
:yep::yep: I love that suit. Also this one by her:

vintage-liili-ann-suit-1954.jpg

I would pair this with a birdcage veil.

large_image.jpg

If I had to do a suit, I would definitely do a more very feminine silhouette like this 50's one. And I would do a dramatic veil as well.

Regardless of what I'm wearing I want to look show stopping. I think the bride should look as such and not like the mother of the bride.

And I don't want my husband to be standing at the end of the aisle thinking: "Oh...here's my wife to be...coming down the aisle in a suit" :perplexed I want him to be like WOW!!

Last edited:
No...thank you. :nono:

I have waited waaay too long to get married in a nice bridal dress. Well...maybe not THAT long :look: but you know what I mean!

I'm sorry, but when I envisioned my wedding day, no where did I ever see myself in a pant suit or a skirt suit. I can wear a skirt suit to the office. Not on my wedding day. Sorry!! I just can't do it! I don't care if I have to bum a dress off of ebay, or wear my mom or sister's wedding dress...I will be wearing a BRIDAL gown. :yep:

I love my dresses! I'm a girly girl and wear a dress almost everyday from the spring to early fall so I will most definitely be walking down the aisle in a dress, no suits for this girl!

:yep::yep: I love that suit. Also this one by her:

vintage-liili-ann-suit-1954.jpg

I would pair this with a birdcage veil.

large_image.jpg

I would get married in a suit that looked like this. I love it and I love the birdcage veil. It's very striking. I'd like it to be floor length and off white/cream/champagne.

BUT I think I would pass out at the altar because I'd need to wear a tight corset to cinch my waist to get the right look for this outfit.

Back