Would you get married in a suit?

Belle Du Jour

A nice white suit (something classy, well-tailored, designer)? I always thought I would do the big wedding dress, but I'm seeing the cute simplicity of a white suit, cute heels, and pearls. Then I'd do a gown for the reception. Would you do a suit? Or does it have to be the big white dress?

_5543601-full.jpg

418PYVEdclL._SS260_.jpg

bridal_pantsuit.jpg

satc-carrie-bradshaw-manolo-blahnik-something-blue-shoes.JPG

Not a suit but I like this look :look:
jcrew.jpg

It would depend on the time and place, but yeah, I could see myself doing it. It would just depend on my mood at the time. Kinda how I get dressed everyday ...

My aunt got married in a suit, but it was her 2nd marriage and she was in her 40s. Personally, I wouldn't, but I don't want the big poofy dress either; more like a simple gown without many frills.

No. When I remarry it'll be in a dress/gown. Not poofy, but definitely bridal. I'm open to alternate colors but not a suit. Marrying in a suit has a matonly vibe, IMO. Not the look I want.

Nope. It's a cute look, Only, seems just too....lesbian for me.
I'll need a dress, not a big puffy retarded looking princess dress though.

I never wanted to get married in a dress. I don't wear dresses in my everyday life. This is what I would love to wear down the aisle....I have no idea who makes the outfit. So I probably have to get it accustomed.

whitepants.thumbnail.jpg

Suit....no. If you're looking for a less formal atmosphere, a semi-formal or cocktail-like dress.....maybe, but never a suit. You want to look romantic....a suit is not romantic IMO. I don't think my man would find it romantic either.

Last edited:
Nope. Especially if I were just going to have a dress for the wedding. No point in doing both.

I'm not a dress kinda girl, but I do want a wedding gown. Something simple but elegant, but I kinda want a train. I've always loved them for years.

Um no. I have no intentions of the groom and I both looking alike with suits. Now I would prefer a nice suit on a guy because I can't stand tuxes.

Yes, but not a PANT SUIT! Would have to be a long, elegant skirt suit. Honestly..the right man asks I'd marry in a flour sack:lachen:!!

Last edited:
No I wouldn't. I don't really like wearing suits as it is. I love the femininity of dresses, and I'd like to look feminine at my wedding, thank you.

If I remarry I would be open to wearing a skirt suit. However it would depend on the ceremony. Traditional ceremony = dress. Justice of the peace/pastors office = suit. I'm secretly hoping for the latter.

I actually like Carrie's suit.

418PYVEdclL._SS260_.jpg

I had two weddings. The first was late evening in a beautiful park by a JOP. Just my hubby, myself and my son. I wore something very, very similar to this minus the camisole.

The formal ceremony was a few months later, princess gown and all the trimmings. :yep:

_5543601-full.jpg

418PYVEdclL._SS260_.jpg

bridal_pantsuit.jpg

satc-carrie-bradshaw-manolo-blahnik-something-blue-shoes.JPG

jcrew.jpg

I like Carrie's suit and the last dress. If you're marrying an older guy who's already been married it doesn't matter do what you like, your going to the church anyways do the gown if that's what you want. If both of you aren't into big weddings keep it small, and stylish-maybe a destination wedding that keeps guests lists really low and no one gets offended.

The real question is your financials, if a big wedding will leave you owing then it's really not worth it, you want to get married and start your new life ASAP on the good foot.
Keep it simple you can still wear a gown if you want or go even smaller and do the court-house wedding in a dressy suit. By doing a smaller wedding gown or not not, you'll save a lot of cash and can have a nice HM or down payment on a house/condo. hope all goes well. Whether this is your 1st or 5th j/k :lol: it doesn't matter do what you and he want. Hope U saw SATC the movie, don't get too crazy now. JMO hth

Last edited:
I really like the last picture but my SO wouldn’t. He is determined that I will look like a princess on our wedding day and to be honest I want to look like one too. I’m a jeans and tshirt girl 365 days a year so it would be nice to do the whole dress thing for just one day. I don’t want a gigantic bulbous dress but definitely something quite elegant.

I could get married in a suit with a skirt, like one of those posted in the second post here.

My grandmother got married in a pretty white blouse and a black pencil skirt...gotta scan the pic. She was very non-traditional and it went well with her no-nonsense attitude :grin:

I'm older, so I think it would be a great option for me.

ETA I like this style
_5505634.jpg

Last edited:
I would get married in a bikini oif that's what I'd feel like doing. Its my wedding so I would feel that I would do it the way I wanted it. Weddings are boring enough as it is everybody trying to have this cookie cutter wedding. Do what you feel

I hate the spectacle of weddings and would never participate in one. They are like parades with people in costumes to me. I don't get it.

However, I am very much in love with the idea of marriage. So, if I am blessed to ever marry I would do it in a simple knee-length column dress, but could also entertain a nice white skirt suit.

I would just go to the courthouse and get it done real fast anyway -- that or marry in my mom's living room. I'm so not into public ritual.

When I dream of getting married, I dream of walking into the courthouse in my fitted white column dress with flowers and my man. Seriously I NEVER fantasize about traditional weddings.

That's just me.

Last edited:
Back